Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

New 53cc engine now available

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New 53cc engine now available

I really like the part about the linkage. I'm REALLY fed up with engine maunfacturers selling us engines with a throttle tang designed for a cable pull weed eater and a choke tab that can almost, but only almost, be used by the average person. Not to mention fitting a collar to the odd sized shafts in order to make them useful.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

I really like the part about the linkage. I'm REALLY fed up with engine maunfacturers selling us engines with a throttle tang designed for a cable pull weed eater and a choke tab that can almost, but only almost, be used by the average person. Not to mention fitting a collar to the odd sized shafts in order to make them useful.

Boy, you just want everything perfect don't you.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Tired Old Man

I'll admit I'm a picky sob
Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple more photos. One shows the arms on the carb. The shafts are parallel with the cylinder bore so the arms are easy to connect to with a servo. The fuel inlet is also rotated so it's easy to hook up the fuel line, usuallyit is pointed straight at the throttle shaft.

The second photo shows what you get with the engine when you buy it fromWild Hare;

Stainless steel prop bolts (I have all the bolts changed to stainless, standard chinese bolts are of lesser quality), prop washer, exhaust gasket, spark plug, ignition, spark plug wrench, gasket set, muffler and the engine itself.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29078.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	642683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11110.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	642684  
Old 03-15-2007, 10:41 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

i recieved my 3MM 53CC ENGINE 2 days ago, all I can sy is WoW, this really is nice workmanship. The muffler is like nothing I have ever seen before. Absolutly beautiful. If this thing runs as good as it looks, it will be a winner for sure.

john
Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Tired Old Man

The third video on the list. /yak-1.wmv. The cowl is off so you can see the engine and muffler, and what it can do speaks for itself. In the second video, /yak54.wmv, it's pretty windy but it does very well.

Looks like I better get one while the prices are low.

http://www.3mmodel.com.tw/0217yak54.wmv
http://www.3mmodel.com.tw/yak54.wmv
http://www.3mmodel.com.tw/yak-1.wmv
Old 03-16-2007, 05:32 AM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,
Sounds good, what happened to the 95 size motor you were playing with? I think your spot on with your approach to the motor situation. We had a good bar stock motor maker here in Brison and now that they are gone (the real Brison not the Canadian version) there is a need for a motor of that class and that price range. I think you need to get these to the LHS you already have the demo motors on sale. Need to get some motors in the air at NDRC and other clubs so the guys can see them oooo and aaaah over them in the pits. Need to get all those lost soul Brison guys switched over that would be a good market.

JDS

Old 03-16-2007, 06:35 AM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

I'm one of those Brison guys. I also just ordered the 3MM yesterday :-)
Old 03-16-2007, 09:00 AM
rctom

The Torch 90 is a good engine but there are a few business reasons why I have not moved aggressively with it.

TF
Old 03-16-2007, 11:27 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Just placed my order for the 53cc today hopefully I will have it running soon.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

HOLY CRAP! man tom......you've been a busy man. I hadn't checked the WH site in a while and you have a ton of new stuff coming in. I just came across this thread about the motor (which sounds pretty cool) and i just found out your coming out with a 50cc Sukoi also........that's aweome! I have a new 33% SD yak coming , but for some reason , i still want a 50cc bird as well.....and i think this may be it. I am interested in this motor , sounds very promising for sure , but I"M VERY INTERESTED in this new sukoi. also.......in your own opinion ( or maybe you have some inside news on this ) If the 3mm motor's do well with selling and they hold up to test pilots well , ....are they thinking of possibly tackling the 80-85cc class at all?

jeff
Old 03-17-2007, 12:27 AM
JEFFRO503

Crap..........forgot one more question. Is the new 50cc sukoi going to be the same color scheme or is it an al together different scheme? Or do you plan on having a few different ones? Just curious , i love the 35% scheme alot , just wondering what the 50cc might look like.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:36 AM
JEFFRO503

OMG!! Is this what it's going to look like? I'm in love with this plane! Simply a BUTE!

Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Tired Old Man

Awwwww damn it son, that does look good[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 07:51 AM
jrjohn

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

Awwwww damn it son, that does look good[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
That does look good, what are the specs??

John
Old 03-17-2007, 09:05 AM
JEFFRO503

i think i smell another airplane coming into SS's garage.........you DO NEED ONE! With all those 50cc motor's you have SS (and possibly another 50cc coming 3mm hehehe ) your going to HAVE TO get this plane SS. Better tell the family you have a whole bunch of R&D work you have to get done on this new sukoi.......hahaha. also......when Tom replie's here , i'm going to put my name on one for the may shipment of them. They are just to pretty to pass up.

Jeff
Old 03-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Tired Old Man

Copied from another thread:

Quote TF:

I put a few more flights on the Sukhoi today and got some pictures and details.

First, it weighs 17.2 pounds ready to fly including the canister muffler and fairly heavy aluminum wing tube, with wheel pants. That's everything. It will be under 17 with a standard muffler, and probably 16.5-16.6 with CF wing tube. The landing gear is fairly strong, some weight could be saved there.

But with 1410 sq. inches of wing area there is no need. The only trouble I had was getting it to come down on landing. It's a true floater. I will be adding some expo on elevator, even at walking speed it will climb. If it was ever going to exhibit any bad handling it would have happened today, I shot a handful oflandings and stalled it several times in a strong headwind, it reacts so slowly to the stall that there was plenty of time to goose the throttle to pick up a little airspeed. It is truly a completely stable honest airplane that will do it all. IMAC, 3d, sport, trainer, it can be anything you want it to be. No bad habits at all, like a fine old dog that is just everybody's best friend.

I am including a photo of the bottom of the plane showing the canister installation. With a DA-50 and a 25mm drop header there is no need to cut the cowl except for hot air exhaust. I found a way to mount the canister that is light, durable and costs almost nothing. As you can see the canister is recessed into a fiberglass belly pan keeping hot air out of the plane and making everything super clean and simple.

This plane will go into production as soon as I can get them built, think end of May. I have a great deal of confidence in this model, it's one really fine plane.

Tom Fawcett
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 AM
rctom

Yes, that's the scheme. I posted specs before in the Sukhoi thread. They are working feverishly to finish the shipment, my guess is it will ship in 3 to 4 weeks, takes a month to get here.

Price will be $450, hardware kit is the usual $75, graphics package is $50.

I may have a package deal with the 3m engine, stay tuned.

TF
Old 03-17-2007, 10:04 AM
jrjohn

ORIGINAL: rctom

Yes, that's the scheme. I posted specs before in the Sukhoi thread. They are working feverishly to finish the shipment, my guess is it will ship in 3 to 4 weeks, takes a month to get here.

Price will be $450, hardware kit is the usual $75, graphics package is $50.

I may have a package deal with the 3m engine, stay tuned.

TF
Tom, the Sukhoi's ARFs I have seen had small rudders and thus not so good for 3D. Will yours be different?

John
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Rocky V.
My Feedback: (25)

What ever happened with the twin you were testing Tom ? Did it end up in the "box of no return" ?

If any of the 10 of these are still available, box me up one and send it out. The ol' lady, with the best of intentions, got me a KMP extra from ebay last fall. I was thinking of a Birrelli, but if you say this one is working out to be a good, inexpensive alternitave, I'll give it a go. You got all my info.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
rctom

The 50cc Sukhoi has mondo rudder authority, this will not be an issue I assure you.

Rocky, I have to talk to you, we don't do business over the internet.

Yes, the 52cc twin is in my box of "seemed like a good idea" engines. It ran OK, was difficult to mount, moderate power, looks terrible. That and at least 6 others. All going to a swap meet next week.

BTW I think the first 10 will all be gone today.

TF
Old 03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Mmoose

Bit the bullet guys and ordered my 3mm today, if it runs as good as it looks I think this can be a definite substitute for some of the other pricey stuff out there that by the way does break down, and in a few cases required repair after about 7 gallons so we shall see.

I'm going to be mounting it in my KMP YAK so I can really ring it around !!

Mostafa
Old 03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Tired Old Man

"your going to HAVE TO get this plane SS. Better tell the family you have a whole bunch of R&D work you have to get done on this new sukoi.......hahaha."

Jeffro,

You might hate me for this, but my wife wouldn't bat an eye. Worse, she'd understand, leave me completely alone and unbothered while the assembly was taking place, only call me in for meals, and truly believe that I was indeed doing research. I got lucky and found me a "keeper" all those years ago
Old 03-17-2007, 07:07 PM
rctom

Folks, the sale is over. All 10 pieces, plus two more that I had planned to hold back for spares, are gone.

I want to say thank you to these people who were willing to take my word for it that they are good engines. I truly hope they are not disappointed, I don't think they will be.

The retail price is now $429, still quite a bargain. I will have some more engines in about a week. That ought to be enough time to hear back from one or two of the purchasers I hope.

I plan to bring some to Toledo also.

TF
Old 03-18-2007, 09:42 AM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Tom, just curious about the length of the engine is it 6.25 overall length or 6.25 from the back of the engine to the drive washer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.