Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

HOOKED BOATS

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

HOOKED BOATS

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:04 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HOOKED BOATS

why dont you get blue fishy to fix the ****** hes the one lumbered you with a pile of crap!!.i hope you get something sorted soon garry,maybe you should have a go at building one of these?.sides are 80mm so shes legal and only took me 2 weeks to build and 5 to get her running.she would really move with a zen im sure.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62617.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	653584  
Old 03-31-2007, 12:24 PM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got to give him a chance Martin as far as BF was concerned the hulls were ok, remember I have two sets of running gear 3 Sikks 2 of which are works engines, it's just a shame I have put so much effort into the 2 boats, they look great (for flowerpots Wayne). While you have been out having fun I've been working frantically on my old Apache with with my bog standard Sikk and a decent prop really flies, I've been using it to run in the engines so I'm sure it will be competitive to start the season off. Thanks for the kind thoughts but one has to be diplomatic, any help I can get I'm gonna grab, I'm sure you appreciate that.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:39 PM
martno1fan

i do simpathise with you mate but just not with him as he chose to buy splashed hulls !!.just a pitty you got lumbered with them.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
TIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary what is the green string type thingy on the deck for?
Old 04-01-2007, 03:06 AM
wayneuk01

gary did u write this statement yourself or did the slippery fish do it ..

Our first new Shark Cobra hull is shown below now completed and on the water. We tested at the end of December for the first time in preparation for the 2007 OMRA petrol class racing season.
Power is supplied by O’Neill Brothers new Sikk 27cc engines.
This was a reliability and engine run in session. The brand new Works engine started first time every time, but of course we are only running in at the moment so are not yet “on the planeâ€
The hull handles nicely but requires some trimming to get things perfect (if ever you can in racing).
Proper trimming cannot be done yet of course until we have bedded in the engine and got maximum power. She throttles nicely for a racing engine (are the engines not stock?) and picks up extremely well

just curiuos to ask hove any members contacted u?
!!Good Discounts for OMRA members, see contacts page or contact Gary if you prefer, to discuss your requirements..!!

Our aim is to make sure we can supply you with the best products at the best prices at the fastest possible speed. For example we intend to carry stocks and spares at all OMRA meetings next year!

We guarantee you our personal attention.
We guarantee you the keenest prices.
We guarantee you some of the World’s finest RC products

surely under the trade discription act all hull Purchasers would be intitled to a full refund

What does the Trade Descriptions Act require?

Any descriptions of goods and services, given by a person acting in the course of a trade or business, should be accurate and not misleading. How can a trade description be given?
A description can be given verbally, in writing (e.g. in an advert or brochure or as an invoice or order form), by illustration (e.g. in advertisements or on packaging) or by implication. In addition, if goods are supplied in response to a request that includes a specific trade description, it is possible that it would be held that the supplier of the goods has applied the description himself.

What are the offences under the Act (relating to goods)?

The Act makes it an offence to:

apply a false or misleading description to goods (e.g. by writing it down, making a verbal statement or by turning back a car’s odometer); or
supply or offer to supply goods to which a false or misleading trade description is applied. A person exposing goods for supply (e.g. in a shop) or having them in his possession for supply (e.g. in a storeroom) is deemed to offer to supply them for the purposes of the Act.
These offences are strict liability offences, i.e. it is possible for a trader to commit an offence without intending to do so.
What descriptions of goods are deemed to be trade descriptions?

The following matters are specifically included within the meaning of trade description:

Quantity, size or gauge.
This includes length, width, height, area, volume, capacity, weight and number.
Method of manufacture, production, processing or reconditioning.
This covers most of the aspects concerning the work done in the making, processing or repairing of goods.
Composition, i.e. from what an item is made.
Fitness for purpose, strength, performance, behaviour or accuracy.
This covers an extremely wide area (e.g. in relation to motor vehicles, such expressions as ‘immaculate condition’, ‘mechanically superb’, and ‘excellent condition’ would be covered under this paragraph).
Any physical characteristics not included in the preceding paragraphs.
This means that any description not caught specifically above would amount to a trade description.
Testing by any person and results thereof.
For example, this would include any statement that a car has had its mileage independently checked.
Approval by any person or conformity with a type approved by any person.
This might include a statement that an item complies with a British Standard.
Place or date of manufacture, production, processing or reconditioning.
This is self explanatory, but would include any statement on goods such as ‘Made in England’.
Person by whom manufactured, produced, processed or reconditioned.
This would include such things as brand names on an item.
Other history, including previous ownership or use.
For example, the number of owners of a vehicle or the number of miles indicated on an odometer.
What does the law say in relation to the description of a service?
The Act also makes it a criminal offence:

to make a statement which is known to be false or misleading; or
recklessly to make a statement which is false or misleading as to any of the following matters:
1. The provision of services, accommodation or facilities.
2. The nature of any services, accommodation or facilities provided.
3. The time at which, manner in which or persons by whom any services, accommodation or facilities so provided.
4. The examination, approval or evaluation by any person of any services, accommodation or facilities so provided.
5. The location or amenities of any accommodation so provided.

What else is prohibited under the Act?
It is an offence falsely to state or imply that any goods or services are of a kind supplied to, or approved by, the Queen or any other member of the Royal Family (e.g. by the misuse of the phrase or emblem 'By Royal Appointment').
It is also an offence to use, without the authority of the Queen, any device or emblem signifying the Queen’s Award to Industry or anything that closely resembles such an emblem.
It is also an offence falsely to state or imply that any goods or services are of a kind supplied to any other person (e.g. by stating 'Council Contractor'

Old 04-01-2007, 03:37 AM
madmodelman

It's called a painter, or lanyard. OMRA rule states a boat over 50" length must have one to assist rescue boat, So they can drag heavy boats in, that's the idea anyway.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:59 AM
madmodelman

Wayne, the website was designed by me as a thank you to Barry for his help this season.
Let's be fair about this, Barry has imported these hulls in all good faith from Vern, and was shocked when I informed him last week that I was not the only one having problems. He is talking to Vern over this weekend.
With all due respect to everyone on this forum I am impressed with a lot of knowledgable guys but not nearly so impressed with the way some Manufacturers and Dealers are treated verbally. Typically from the UK. Our US friends are not nearly so nasty.
They are just trying to make a living the same as the rest of us and as a business owner myself I understand this.
Everyone though is entitled to their opinion and I will leave it at that.
I personally was not sharp enough to realise when building two boats that although I spotted a bow in the hulls that it would have this dramatic effect.
Rather than slag anyone off I am trying to help to find out exactly what has gone wrong and try to find a way round the total situation and problem one way or another.
My personal engine is stock. I have two engines direct from O'Neills not stock.
I shall be working on the website. Everything you quote was written in good faith by me at the time.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:59 AM
wayneuk01

well i actualy rung him yesterday as a (potential customer from e bay ...) he told me the hulls are great and have no issues with hooking its all due to set up and i could ring u to confirm so hes still trying to nock them out even though he no's theres problems..so not much good faith there i must say..I do hope u sort out the issues u have with your boats within the two weeks. (Let's be fair about this) Good point I do wonder what the previous hull buyers will get back in way of refund or compensation for defected products also do u no if barry has contacted them to let them all no or are they going to be kept in the dark & are going to be thinking just like yourself its there set up..

maybe someone else would like to ask him and post the results here

heres a link to the carefuly laid fiberglass boat (or thats what is states in discription)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/51-COBRA-MAX-G...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 AM
edmkills

"This hull is built by Vern Kilmer in the usa who has a great reputation in building these great looking hulls in these unique colour designs"

[sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
martno1fan

Well said Wayne ive had words with mr fishy blue before about these boats and he doesnt care about anything but money and himself .I say to all customers of his if you have one of these hulls and have the same problems you should all pay him a visit and demand a refund.I pointed out to him over a year ago that these hulls were over priced rip offs of other manufacturers boats and i stand by that statement.He then sent me some very abusive emails on the subject.If he were a genuinely caring sort of a guy he would not lie about the hulls hes selling,these are not designed by vern kilmer these are splashed by vern kilmer.Also he doesnt have a great reputation in the states either he has quite a questionable reputation from what ive read on this forum!!.Looking at the way those boats are handling theyre not worth the price of a can of petrol to give them a viking funeral.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on selling mine to someone i don't like,even as a flowerpot it's still questionable.....[:-]

Name:	Lj21834.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	654457  
Old 04-01-2007, 01:54 PM
wayneuk01

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

I plan on selling mine to someone i don't like,even as a flowerpot it's still questionable.....[:-]
Old 04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
madmodelman

Don't bother selling it, I got my first hull up and running today, a tad under 44 mph, still not perfect yet but raceable. PM me and I'll talk you through it. Wayne, I will be ringing Terry.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
wayneuk01

so since december u have been trying and today u finaly got going is it still exceptionaly wet and got the nasty steering also is that speed with your race engine or stock? also are they now going to come with instructions how to get round them running like it does in the video ? i would love to see some video ive got the before maybe u could do the honours of the after & show us all what we are missing .Also u say a tad under 44 what was your top speed before? i hope terry gets it sorted so then he can have some fun with it
Old 04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
martno1fan

seems funny it ran like crap and then all of a sudden its now running good.i dont see how if you couldnt get it running after weeks of testing you can suddenly get it running well after one day after some people have said negative things about the boat?.i really hope you have got it running well but i find it hard to beleive.
post edited by myself for been to argumentative .
Old 04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
rickburnout666

this gets more like the jerry springer show ,every post ,
sorry i cant think of any rubbish punch lines ..........mmmmm.....
remember its etc etc [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
patriktegelberg

I feel Gary is charged a little here and to me he is not the villain. He has two builds to prove he had good faith.
I for one really dislike any commersial boat that is not scratch designed. However inspired it might be from another model, if you have built you own plug from wood or foam its your work. But if ANY part of the original boat is used in the plug it is copying. If what is written in here is true then Vern Kilmer is the villain. Not only does he copy (steal) others work, but he is not competent enough to do it well.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 PM
martno1fan

Patrik i agree Gary is not a villain hes a victim here,but your last statement hits the nail right smack bang on the head.Vern Kilmer steals other peoples work !! that even he cannot deny.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:47 PM
wayneuk01

Are u going to post some pics of what u had to do to make your boat better or should i say useable/ raceable? It will be handy for those users in the usa/uk iam sure as it seems like if u dont ask vern he wont tell u the problems with the v hull's or did u sort the problem yourself ? As for barry he would of took my £240 had i of payed him for the goods on sat without mention of the problems in question & if u made him aware of it last week he does no there are /were problems yet would of sold it to me anyway .& further more had u not of been sponsered & got free items would u purchase with one with more hook than abdal hamza?
ORIGINAL: GARY POPE

Don't bother selling it, I got my first hull up and running today, a tad under 44 mph, still not perfect yet but raceable. PM me and I'll talk you through it. Wayne, I will be ringing Terry.

Name:	Bz78697.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	654774  
Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO,Wayne,now That booger snatcher is hooked !!!, I hope gary has come up with somethin,I think a simple job of sheeting the bottom is all it would take....,as i have yet to start the build on mine,it was left up to gary to find the fix....easier done seein his is runnin...I'm sure we all will soon find out.....[:-]
Old 04-02-2007, 02:01 AM
martno1fan

The point is though that surely the person that sold you these faulty boats should be made to refund your money and or replace the faulty goods ?.Wether they knew or did not know the boats were faulty matters not one bit what does matter is that THEY market them and THEY make a good profit from doing so.I dont want Garry to think im blaming him at all what im saying is the person supplying these boats to him and selling to people on ebay should take them off the market and refund any unhappy customers he may have,then get mr kilmer to replace all his faulty stock for good stock.I doubt thats possible though as hes obviously using faulty moulds to knock out these knock offs in the first place.Lets hope these sellers will do the right thing and not let some other poor mug waste his money.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:19 AM
wayneuk01

I would not be happy sheeting the bottom of the boat after spending £240 on it

Save money. Click here!!

Printed from the XE Universal Currency Converter at: www.xe.com/ucc
Memo: .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................

240.00 GBP = !!!!!!!!!473.414 USD!!!!!!! [:@] would u??
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.97256 USD 1 USD = 0.506956 GBP

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

LMAO,Wayne,now That booger snatcher is hooked !!!, I hope gary has come up with somethin,I think a simple job of sheeting the bottom is all it would take....,as i have yet to start the build on mine,it was left up to gary to find the fix....easier done seein his is runnin...I'm sure we all will soon find out.....[:-]
Old 04-02-2007, 05:22 AM
martno1fan

i wonder if mr bluefishy would like to comment on this thread as i know he reads em!!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:38 AM
madmodelman

Right, lets clear a few things up here. My home pc kept switching itself off last night so I could not write a long post. What concerns me most is that obviously some subscribers do not believe a word I say, this disappoints and annoys me.
First, I did not get photos/vids as my lake is empty and I had to go to Kingsbury, no.1 priority was to sort the boat. Secondly as mentioned I have had no water over the winter (until end of April) and have only tested the boat once.
The transom on this hull is sloped back from deck to keel so naturally everything hangs down. After the first run I modified the stern drive (to bring the drive angle up more) and lifted the trim tabs up as far as possible. They are s/steel and will only go up so far, as it turns out not far enough.
I simply removed the tabs and off she went. From a tickover start to full throttle she leapt straight onto the plane, rather impressively I was told. Regarding handling she tracked dead straight turned right ok but did not like turning left on full bore. Easing back on the throttle she turns left ok. I put this down to engine/prop torque, some other hulls also handle like this, it's also worth noting that this engine is obviously not yet run in.
On my second hull, I had already, after talking to Waynes friend already fitted Aeromarine tabs which can be raised higher. I will hopefully be trying this out next Sunday.
In my opinion some of you have been more than harsh on this thread, it would be nice if you could tone it down a little.
Gary.
p.s. Wayne, Terry is testing his on Tuesday.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 AM
martno1fan

are you saying it was just the angle of the hardware then Garry?,im sorry you feel we are been harsh its not aimed at you.i for one dont like the idea of someone paying a lot of money to end up disapointed thats all.i still wouldnt buy a splashed hull for that reason!!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.