Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA 85, ZDZ super 80 , or 3W 80?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DA 85, ZDZ super 80 , or 3W 80?

I am running a ZDZ Super 80 that I have in an Aeroworks 96" Extra 260. It is a very easy starting engine with the Walbro WJ71 that comes with it now. As of now it is my farorite engine to run. It is quiet, yet very powerful and smooth. It is hard to believe it is a large single. With a good ture on it throttle response is very fast with no burbles. I am using a JMB wrap around pitts. With about three gallons through it now it is turning a Xoar laminated 26x10 at 6k hot and about 6200 on the first start of the day. The Xoar laminated props really seem to load an engine down, but they really perform in the air. In the air the prop really unloads as it is ripping like mad. To say I am happy with the purchase of this engine would be an understatement.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 AM
latitude777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA 85, ZDZ super 80 , or 3W 80?

Heres another 35% extra 260 running a DA-85. I saw this guy fly this plane over the weekend, He flew it in imac and threw it around in a freestyle display and it seemed to handle it no problem. Should be more than ample for a 33%er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10afz...e=channel_page