Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

DYI RC workshop project

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

DYI RC workshop project

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
cracker39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DYI RC workshop project

ORIGINAL: DelRay

Ah, the ol' "reverse hallucination", I wondered what it was called. Seems like I do that quite frequently, it is rather frustrating. Like the "special place" so I'll remember where it's at, I seem to forget the special place . It's amazing how I can look right at something and not see it. The wife says I have "selective hearing", could this be migrating to my eyes?
Are we married to the same woman? Or, are you me? Same problems, same comments from the wife. I'm still looking for one of my two keys to my utilty room lock I put on last year so I'd have a key. I know I put it someplace where I'd find it when I needed it...but where the heck was that place? TWO KEYS and can't find either one.

Luckily, it's unlocked...at least I''m not locked out. But, it's now my RC workshop and I need to lock it and can't.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
jeff1127

ORIGINAL: cracker39

ORIGINAL: DelRay

Ah, the ol' "reverse hallucination", I wondered what it was called. Seems like I do that quite frequently, it is rather frustrating. Like the "special place" so I'll remember where it's at, I seem to forget the special place . It's amazing how I can look right at something and not see it. The wife says I have "selective hearing", could this be migrating to my eyes?
Are we married to the same woman? Or, are you me? Same problems, same comments from the wife. I'm still looking for one of my two keys to my utilty room lock I put on last year so I'd have a key. I know I put it someplace where I'd find it when I needed it...but where the heck was that place? TWO KEYS and can't find either one.

Luckily, it's unlocked...at least I''m not locked out. But, it's now my RC workshop and I need to lock it and can't.
The solution is simple as Bax said. Just go get another lock and the original will reappear.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

.....I can do a magic trick. I can take a tool that I am using.....set it onto the wookbench....

....take a step backwards....turn around 360 degrees (fast or slow, it doesn't matter)...

....the tool has magically disappeared. [sm=stupid.gif]

The tool cannot be found unless you are looking for something else. [sm=75_75.gif]

FBD.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys have made my day........................I thought it was just me....who had all this stuff happen.

Thanks guys now if I can locate my shop I have a fuslage to repair.......
Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...it's probably right where you left it....
Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM
cracker39

"The solution is simple as Bax said. Just go get another lock and the original will reappear. "

Is related to the principal that if you throw away or sell something you haven't used in years, you'll need it a day or two later? I sold a bench jig saw that I hadn't used on several years in a yard sale. Then, a month later, I get into RC flying and building models...What do I need for this? Yep, that jig saw. And a new one costs 15 times what I sold the old one for.