Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

indoor micro recommendations please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

indoor micro recommendations please

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Shadow99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: indoor micro recommendations please

I started with a Rotofly. I CA'd the inner races of the bearings (don't get any in the bearings), to the center-hub posts, never lost a bearing after that. The only other weak link I found was the seesaw head (cheap molded plastic), the bearings didn't always seat properly. Some slight force with a pair of needle nose pliers, snaps them in. Other than that, it was a good entry-level e-heli, for indoor flights (outdoor with ZERO wind only), much better than the AirHogs Havoc I had.

Shadow
Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
mikek0416

good input Shadow
Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
davidgeorge212

Hi, I was kind of looking for a micro heli as well. At first I have been looking for a little ccpm heli but I have been seeing all these little fixed pitch helis that look neat. I dont know too much about fixed pitch helis, I started on a coaxial blade cx2 then I went striaght into the t-rex 450 and 600. What does a fixed pitch heli fly like, Is it like flying a coaxial where it never will really get off balance, or is it something more advanced flying and similar to a ccpm set up?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
PaulLee

"Is it like flying a coaxial where it never will really get off balance, or is it something more advanced flying and similar to a ccpm set up? "

not nearly the same as coax and the setup is different from CCPM from the pitch ways but they are not too bad too fly. If they are very small they are not too stable and harder to fly. A smaller CCPM is not a bad way to go either. I also will be going to a small helicopter for the winter. 340mm is about the smallest that provides some stability but a little bigger is still smoother and easier to fly.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Shadow99

I flew a co-axial once, and was not-impressed at all, I was very easy to control, even the Havoc was a little touchier to control than my co-worker's, with the Walkera Palm co-axial. The RotoFly takes some getting used to, tail control can be tough to get used too. But after you master it, learning the rest is not as bad (cyclic control).
I mostly used my RotoFly indoors (warehouse space) at work, I did manage to get it outdoors twice, once in a no-wind condition (no problem). Second time there was a light-breeze (2-5 mph), the little heli's cyclic doesn't react quick enough to fight breezes (landed upside-down in a privet hedge), so rollovers are a problem with breeze, only broke the see-saw & a tail blade $10 bucks in parts.

Shadow
Old 11-23-2007, 02:08 AM
RC David

I am also looking for a micro heli for indoor practice only. I was leaning toward the Walkara 4#3 but this Rotofly is interesting. I'm also looking at the Honey Bee King II however it's a little larger than I wanted for indoors.

I was originally looking at the Walkera 4#3 It seems hard to find.

Is there a big difference between the Heli-Max RotoFly EX Mini and the RotoFly Mini EP Helicopter RTF?

Are the parts plentiful?

Which would you recommend for a first time CP pilot for indoors (small space) only?

RotoFly or Honey Bee King II ?

Thanks,

Dave D.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 AM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the walkera 52. after moving the battery to correct the CG and using a 3 cell 800 amh battery it worked great. I did read posts that say it go's through main motors fast 5 flights on some but havent had a problem yet. I also found post on upgrading the motor to brushless.
Its like flighing a tiny version of my Black Hawk
Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
fibermonkey2003

I am looking for a Heli-Max Rotofly EX mini ER w/ Case Used Under a !00 dollars if anyone wants I have t-maxx 4wd truck and other gas cars on and off road when I was in to those to trade and make a good deal even for a new one or Starwars stuff and grade 9.8 in hard plastic comicsjust tellme what u are looking for and a knife collector.