Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

2.4 , BME vs First Place Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 , BME vs First Place Engines?

I could say the same thing about Adam at BCMA. Knowing Scott through this forum and having talked with him at length, and his customers, I can assure you that no one is giving "better" service then those two guys. Bob Kramer at DLUSA is another. With regards to engine experience, I'll listen to Pat every time. As for the original question, BME, it would seem, is defunct so unless you're looking to buy into headaches I wouldn't even consider one. Great engine, NO service!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

Awww screw it. Ya'll don't want to hear it anyway.
Aww comeone Pat, tell us what you really think! You did state that FPE was a bit slow in the support area .... please back that statement up. If you have facts to share, I'm sure everybody would like to hear them.

FPE clearly isn't my favorite engine but I have to be truthful and say that overall, my experiences with these engines has been good. Now with that said, I have grown to prefer engines that don't have cantilever cranks so I might steer clear of the Brison, FOX, FPE type of design but they still have their place and serve many users very well.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
chesie2
My Feedback: (55)

First Place is nothing but first class !! His engines are great ! I own 3 of them ! No Problems and Kurt will answer any question you have !!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 PM
chesie2
My Feedback: (55)

Also I have the Waco Ready to go fly with a 2.4 FPE on it!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: chesie2

First Place is nothing but first class !! His engines are great ! I own 3 of them ! No Problems and Kurt will answer any question you have !!
I echo this opinion wholeheartedly. Kurt is located in PA, and easy to reach by phone. Extremely knowledgeable on RC engines, builds his own stuff, and a joy to deal with. I have first hand experience with his company and his engines. They are both indeed top shelf.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: chesie2

Like I said in my post, my experiences with FPE has been good. They have some things about them that I would change if I could but that is the case with any engine I have owned. The perfect engine hasn't been designed yet.

My concern was that Pat had made the statement that FPE was slow or lacking in support and I chose to challenge that statement. We are yet to receive an answer.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:46 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Al Lewis
As for the original question, BME, it would seem, is defunct so unless you're looking to buy into headaches I wouldn't even consider one. Great engine, NO service!
The thing about the BME 50 is that it is an echo. Parts are still available and any engine manufacturer/fixer worth his weight in salt could fix one.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:31 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

True, but Kurt is still in business and warranties his stuff.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 AM
l82fly

A little late in joining the discussion but as for the BME vs FPE, I believe that BME was recently purchased and has re-opened shop!