Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Receiver help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Stick Jammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver help Needed

Not to wander from the PCM/PPM debate, but a thought for everyone to keep in mind is the possibility of someone purposely shooting down planes. Unfortunately there are always a**holes amongst us whatever we do, and our flying fields are not immune.
We currently have this problem at our field. There are always non-flyers who pull into the parking lot just to watch without getting out of their car. We apparently have a scumbag with a variable transmitter who gets his rocks off by sitting in his vehicle and shooting someone down. There are a few of us at our field that will not think twice about pulling this dirtball out of his car and shoving his transmitter where the sun don't shine and then hand him over to the authorities. His day will come if he continues.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:43 PM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

Stick Jammer hit ( no pun intended) on a subject that is becoming more of an issue as more Park Flyers show up at soccer fields and parks. Our club is well within 3 miles of a multi field soccer area with big open fields. We routinely go out and check to make sure no one is near the field, but it's impossible to catch them all. I got into a discussion at the local hobby store yesterday and thought I would ask on this thread to see if any of you can answer this. Can, or will a transmitter on the same channel, using PPM interfer with PCM? I think the answer is yes, but can't tell for sure unless I do a test. Maybe one of you already has done so and knows the answer as a matter of fact.

So far I don't think we have ever had someone do this intentionally at our club, but who can say for sure. There are some sick puppies out there.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Stick Jammer

If the PPM Tx is CLOSER to the plane than the PCM Tx, it will cause a lockout of the PCM Rx. I've done some testing of this on the ground with Futaba gear, but not in the air. I would have to assume that if someone had a PPM transmitter with the wattage boosted that it would probably cause a lockout as well.