Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Engine Lifetime

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:00 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Lifetime

Man my selection sucks.. the highest oil I can find is what I run now. Wildcat 20/18.

All airplane fuels I see have only 15/14 max. some even have 12. yech!!

I'm gonna get the 15/14 and pur in some nice slick castor and get that baby rollin. That is.. if I can find that oil without spending a fortune!

Anyone got some extra they wanna sell me?!

ram
Old 05-01-2003, 03:07 AM
speedracer0_7

Default Engine Lifetime

i would not worry about it 18%oil is good enough, it's what os recommends and they have a 2 year warranty i wonder if that's on a piston and sleeve with a gollon a day on it.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:09 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Engine Lifetime

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
Man my selection sucks.. the highest oil I can find is what I run now. Wildcat 20/18.

All airplane fuels I see have only 15/14 max. some even have 12. yech!!

I'm gonna get the 15/14 and pur in some nice slick castor and get that baby rollin. That is.. if I can find that oil without spending a fortune!

Anyone got some extra they wanna sell me?!

ram
sig champion fuel has anywhere from 16-20% oil.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:49 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Default Engine Lifetime

also remember, car engines run in excess of 30,000rpm, whereas an aircraft engine is typically designed to run at half that. When you double the rpm, you double the wear between the piston and sleeve, and you also increase the abuse to the connecting ron and the bushing that goes on the crank. One way or the other, 2-strokes wear themselves out, thats how they are designed, they don't have the benefit of rings like a 4-stroke. Thats also a good thing though, because the parts count stays down, and they are just simpler all the way around.