Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Nitro Yak vs. QQ Yak 69"

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Nitro Yak vs. QQ Yak 69"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 AM
8KCABrett
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Yak vs. QQ Yak 69"

Hmm. . .interesting. . .
Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't doubt it that QQ put his name on "his" Yak. Whether he designed it himself or somebody else did is secondary, at least for me. If he did and contracted it to CMP for manufacturing perhaps CMP is selling "his" Yak, without his knowledge, to other distributers, like Nitroplanes.com. And all they had to do was to change the color scheme. The other possibility could be that CMP and QQ have an agreement and he is fully aware of it that "his" Yak is being manufactured without his logo on it. Money talks in many languages. I personally could care less what the is, as long as I can purchase a decent plane for a decent price.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 PM
thevirginian

Tonight when I came home a huge box was already waiting for me. My Yak arrived as promised. It came in two boxes without any damages at all. It was packed box in box with no pictures on it, just plain white cardboard. Inside everything was nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and stowed, so any damage was very unlikely. After unwrapping all parts my mouth started to drop. I was flabbergasted by the perfection of the parts. Not a single piece showed any covering blemishes or wrinkles. I inspected every piece carefully and no flaws were found. TWithout any exaggertion this is the most perfect ARF I have ever seen. I had a chance to compare the parts with the pictues on QQ's website and now I know it is, without any doubt, the same airplane QQ sells for $370.00 with his name on it. But I paid only $199.00 for it. I also checked both manuals. The are the same, word by word, picture by picture. One typical trademark of QQ's Yaks is the recessed wing mounting area in the fuse. Same here. Just look at my pictues. My hat is off to NitroPlane and the way the handled my order. I definately will continue to order other planes from them, especially planes with such outstanding quality and price. I will keep you guys posted with the build of this airplane, since I am sure I raised quite some interest in some of you, who are looking for such a similar plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20066.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	891158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93717.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	891159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61509.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	891160  
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 PM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Here are some of the QQ in the same pose.
I believe the QQ manual was written by one of QQ's guys.

Name:	Zx72054.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	891201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm36156.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	891202   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36275.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	891203  
Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

[X(],somebody is taking a beating over this,but us the buyers are definately benefitting [:-]
Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 AM
thevirginian

Well, is itn't this what this forum is all about? We, the consumers, should benefit from experiences and knowledge of others. I am not bashing QQ quality airplane kits here. His airplanes are definately worth the money someone would want to spend for them. But if yo can get the same product for almost half the price-do I have to say more? Thanks, overbored77 for posting the pictures of your Yak. I think it demonstrated my point without the need for further explanations.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:03 AM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Well, if you don't want to spend the extra money on a QQ, order the NP now. I have seen NP's
planes go out of stock superfast and stay like that for what seems like forever. Thats one of the
problems with a wholesaler vs retailer.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 AM
thevirginian

But fortunately, there are other dealers like AK-Models that sell CMP just like NP does.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:53 PM
skip1320

Hello Virginian,can you post the weight of all the componets,thanks,looks like the QQ is 11and 3/4 w/evo 26 gasser,AUW,thinking of using Brillelli 26ssr
Old 02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
thevirginian

skip1320;
You want the weight of the plane without an engine, or the total RTF weight?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
skip1320

Yes,just the arf componets,w/l gear, cowl,hardware,no servos or engine,what are you planning on using for power,thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 07:52 PM
thevirginian

Saito 125
Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
octanehuffer

This airplane is not meant for a gasser. You are thinking of the 73" Yak.
Thevirginian- what are you running for power. I just ordered the QQ 69" today and am going to run a Saito 1.25 and pump with the fuel tank on the CG. Is there room for the tank on the CG?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 PM
thevirginian

skip1320;
I just put my Yak on the scale and it weighs in at 5lbs 1oz. My Saito 125 is 1lbs 89oz. So total weight shouldn't be more than 8lbs with electronics, I'd say. That would be absolutely great.

Name:	Pn36385.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	891901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84929.jpg
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	891902  
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 PM
thevirginian

Octanehuffer; See if ou can cancle your order and go with NP. You save at least 170 bucks and get the same airplane.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 PM
octanehuffer

I will never order from NP. I am not concerned with price and never will be. Quique deserves it and I wont buy a clone. It isnt right. Same with DL50 vs DA 50. I will gladly spend twice the amount to buy the real thing. IMHO. I am perticular to those companies who set the standard. Myself being one of them, I know what it is like to be the best business in town and having the competetors lurking.
I will have my plane here on Tues. Looks like we will power them the same also. Did your plane have the laser marking on the firewall with either OS or YS hole locations?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 PM
thevirginian

Yes, it does. Octanhuffer, I can appreciate your point of view, but consider one thing here: Even QQ has to make a profit. Don't get me wrong, I am not advertising for NP at all. I just watch my expenses and if I can get the same plane for half the price, I would slap myself silly if I spend 170 bucks for a signature that doesn't make that airplane fly any better. Like I stated, I am still flabbergasted about the topnotch quality of this CMP ARF. Even H9 or GP could learn from them.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
skip1320

Thats cool,my seagull yak was 5.5 as i recall and this has 100more in wing,s/yak was great sport areo w/3.lb 10oz gasser,new engine should be around 1 pound less,how do the joints look?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 AM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

I wonder if it is the same for the 50cc arf?? I haven't checked the specs but if they are made at the same factory I wonder if the NP 50cc is the same as the QQ.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:22 AM
thevirginian

maineflyer, I wouldn't be surprised a bit if they were. Skip, what joints are you referring to? All the glue joints I can visually inspect on the fuse? They look great. Nothing wrong with them. But I run medium CA over all joints anyway. And the fire wall will get a nice coating with epoxy, plus a light layer of 0.75oz cloth on the outside. That doesn't add that much extra weight, but security. I stated the weight of my Saito incorrectly. It should have been 1lb and 8.9 oz, not 89oz. Sorry about that.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 AM
seemefly_1

I stated the weight of my Saito incorrectly. It should have been 1lb and 8.9 oz, not 89oz. Sorry about that.
wow thats a big differance
Old 03-01-2008, 06:13 PM
octanehuffer

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_54...page_11/tm.htm

Just to dispell any myths about a rip off company cloning the best.
Not the same company.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
thevirginian

octanhuffer, you are making a weak statement here. What it boils down to is, to compare both airplanes side by side and then come up with a judgement. I don't know who this Rezagh guy is, but he is talking in desperation, I can read between his lines. I know this is not a cheap clone, this airplane is built at one, if not the largest RC-airplane factory in China-China Model Production. This factory does not need to build clones. They build for countless distributors world wide and US companies. If anybody copies somebodies design than it has to be a US company. I wonder if QQ, or Rezagh is willing to disclose where his Kits are being built. I also cannot accept the fact that QQ had no idea that his Yak has been copied. Somebody else had to find out? C'mon, gag me with a spoon. Rezagh states that the hardware, for instance is crap. How does he know? Has he seen it? Why would I want to throw away hardware that is top notch. I am a veteran RC modeller and pilot and can certainly distinguish between cheap ***** and top notch hardware. Look at my pictures and tell me if you would throw away this hardware. Same applies to the quality. As I stated before: this is by far the best and most perfect ARF kit I ever purchased. Now this is a strong statement, I know, but it's the truth. Heavy duty nylon pin hinges, heavy duty ball links, servo arms and control horns made from G10 (just like QQ's). Oh, before I forget, the gear is FRP, not cheap Alu. Yes, the wing tube is Alu-woop dee doo. Now I am really interested what QQ's (or Rezagh's) opinion is on that.

Name:	Pm34928.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	892703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16696.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	892704  
Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 PM
octanehuffer

So you are saying that you know that a Chinese company designes the planes and our top designers put their names on them? Um yeah. That wouldnt make any sense. The designers approach a company who is capable of making the planes by the designers standards. It is produced and sold by the designers name. Quique designed his planes. Bottom line. Reza is the company rep for QQ and the one who wrote the manual that you will so much appreciate, that was intended for the Quique Yak. I dont disagree that it is a quality kit. But when the rep of the company says the planes are not he same manufacturer, you cant dis believe. Every one of Quiques Yak's are built with the same wing in root and design charachteristics. Does NP have the same build techniques on their planes? I have a feeling that most planes that they sell are similar to other manufactures. There was a B-29 that went down over Russia. The Russians tore every part of the plane off and made an exact replica of the B-29. The Russians made hundreds of them. Would you too consider it a B-29. Only difference here is the fact that the product is being sold for profit that is not deserved. Thank Reza for the quality instructions as a bit of appreciation at least.
Good luck with your Yak! Looks like the Quique version comes in at 8lb 2 oz with a 1.25.
I have a feeling that the father himself will be chiming in
Old 03-01-2008, 08:58 PM
thevirginian

octanhuffer, I didn't say a Chinese company designed this airplane an QQ put his name on it. Where did I make such a statement. As a matter of fact I believe that QQ did design it and subbed it out to CMP for manufacturing. What their agreement is is non of my business. You don't think I would start an argument over this with you. It's not worth it. Let's other people worry about this issue. Like I said before I appreciate you point of view and I would like you to do the same with mine. I am happy that I could buy a quality airplane for a very decent price and I am sure I will enjoy this YAK to it's fullest capabilities. On the other hand I am happy for you that you like our Somenzized Yak so much and paid what you think it is worth. The reason I started this thread was not to open a can of worms, but to let other fellow modellers know whats going on out there and to be aware of real good deals. And I think that's what this forum is all about. I hope you don't disagree with me, or do you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.