Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

DPM Cubs Coming Back!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

DPM Cubs Coming Back!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DPM Cubs Coming Back!

if he sold the rights keep dp out of the front door[&:] count down till cemark takes orders
Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: skyracer068

ORIGINAL: Yak18

Pretty dumb to leave Patricks name on these and use his website that nobody trusts. Do they want to fail?! They should move it all to their website and keep him behind the scenes.

AMEN!!!
Agreed!! I would only deal with Cermark and only after a real live voice on the phone tells me they're in stock and ready to ship to my front door. Again, I stress Dave could get his name back if he came on this or some other thread and either expain and or apologize for hiding in the shadows while his company failed. Non returned emails and phone calls showed he didn't care.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
stevenchao

Hi Everyone,

I want to personally clarify as best as I can of the DPM situation. We (Cermark) are currently working with Dave Patrick to bring DPM back into the market. We looked at several factors that we felt important to us, you and our industry;
1) Dave Patrick is a strong designer, and has given much to our industry
2) There are still much creative juices left in Dave Patrick
3) Cermark can help minimize some of the business logistic and vendor issues that DPM experienced previously.

So we are moving ahead in bring DPM back to our industry. We want to provide Dave as much resources as possible to allow him to focus on creative aspect of design, QC portion of production, and teaching portion of flying for DPM. As for service and logistics, we are in the process of setting up. Please give us approximately 30-40 days integrating telephone, email and website.

As for the DPM items, here are the plan;
a) Available now
MAX adhesive - made in USA, thin / medium / thick with special patented cap in 20g and 50g sizes
Ultra Tailwheel - Wire and Leaf style versions in small, medium and large sizes (with limited quantity on hand).

b) Available in 60 days
MAX adhesive - made in USA, thick foam safe CA in 20g and 50g sizes
MAX accelerator for CA

c) Availabe in 4-6 months
Super Piper Cub - Vero Beach version in yellow Ultracote

d) In discussion
Clipped Wing Piper Cub - with racing strips in white base Ultracote
Blue head engines

If you have any suggestion for me, you can email me directly at [email protected]

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Old 04-09-2008, 05:42 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

steven the blue cliped wing was very very nice and the yellow was super nice flaps and landing gear. a few modlers said the plane would come back with new management some day, this is GREAT news , keep up the good news and work, forgive me for what i said about dave it easy to kick someone when they are down and out, thanks frank
Old 04-09-2008, 06:21 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Oh boy....Yet another Cub[:'(]

Almost as rare as a P51

I don't get it.

Greg
Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 PM
TripleDeucer
My Feedback: (129)

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

Oh boy....Yet another Cub[:'(]

Almost as rare as a P51

I don't get it.

Greg
Were talking 108" Super Cubs here. They are pretty rare these days.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
OldRookie

Not rare enough for me.

Greg
Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 PM
TripleDeucer
My Feedback: (129)

Well then, I think your posting in the wrong forum. See that red button up in the right hand corner? Click on that a few times and I think you will be happier.

Have a nice day
Old 04-09-2008, 07:22 PM
outacontrol41

I've never owned one, but the word on the street over the years has been these are cubs of exceptional quality and scale design...yes, pretty rare these days among the cheapy 'semi-scale' junk out there. I'm a scale nut, of coarse as you can tell...and proud to be one. I'm in the crowd of us that enjoys seeing acurate scale lines modeled after the real thing...as much as I enjoy watching them fly. We're not kicking the dear man after falling down for he has brought much to our industry to be appreciated. Had Cermark not stepped in to announce an attept to help him get back on his feet, I believe Dave and his company would havelaft behind a less than desirable legacy due to all the backlash of bad management.
I hope to own one of these cubs in the future. So, Mr. Chao, help this guy out and let's make this a bump in the road behind us and look forward to new DPM Cubs and whatever else Dave designs....maybe a 1/4 scale Cessna 182 or prehaps jump on the ag bandwagon and produce a nice 1/4 scale Piper Pawnee or Ag Husky. Whatever...I'm sure the quality will be superb.
What about the others who were left hanging on DPM website...some have paid 2 yrs. ago and still waiting for parts, etc.. Will they get a refund? Just curious how much Cermark is willing to take on to set things right.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:24 PM
flyn_colorado

Well said TripleDeucer!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
G.P.
My Feedback: (1)

Not rare enough for me.

Greg
If we were talking about J3's I would agree with you, but we're talking about Super Cubs. I would love for you to show me where all of these Super Cubs are that you despise.

I can't wait Cermark!!!! Thak you sooo much!!!

Greg
Old 04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
OldRookie

This is the good old US of A isn't it?
I think I still have a right to my opinion.

As far as despising the super Cub, this isn't quite a true statement. I despise all Cubs the same. (YAWN)
Kind of like the P51 and P40.

Have a nice day
Greg
Old 04-09-2008, 08:06 PM
outacontrol41

I think I still have a right to my opinion.

As far as despising the super Cub, this isn't quite a true statement. I despise all Cubs the same. (YAWN)
Kind of like the P51 and P40.

Have a nice day
Greg
Rook, then it would be a fair question, I would think, why are you on this thread telling us that?? [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
I assumed we were here because we either want one of these Super Cubs, have one, or cheer on Cermark because as the thread heading reads: "DPM Cubs coming back!" I think a better option for you would be to start a new thread titled "I despise all Cubs" and see what kind of response you get. Maybe some other cub haters out ther that might join you?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:24 PM
G.P.

It's actually the internet and I'm in Canada.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
G.P.

ORIGINAL: outacontrol41

Rook, then it would be a fair question, I would think, why are you on this thread telling us that?? [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Because he's trolling.[:'(]
Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
stevenchao

ORIGINAL: outacontrol41

..maybe a 1/4 scale Cessna 182 or prehaps ...1/4 scale Piper Pawnee or AgHusky....

What about the others who were left hanging on DPM website...some have paid 2 yrs. ago and still waiting for parts, etc.. Will they get a refund? Just curious how much Cermark is willing to take on to set things right.
Looking out for the pack, an admirable trait,

Dave and I have already discussed this issue very early on. Both of our company has standing policy of not charging the customer until their product is ready to ship from our warehouse.

Many customers have entered their order on the web, and received a confirmation upon their order. In truth, the confirmation simply states that the order was received in good order. However the confirmation does not confirm that the item(s) will go out. So the bottom line is that the customers that placed the order most likely were never charged.

Thank you for point it out for everyone. I assumed everyone was aware of this general policy. Isn't it cheating if we did take your money? I don't think anyone in our industy does such a thing (except legitimate deposits).

Peace,
Steven Chao,
Cermark
562-906-0808
Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 PM
OldRookie

Not trolling, just stating my opinion.

Yes that is a fair question....I posted because I am expressing my disgust over modelers almost wetting themselves over a plane that has been modeled to death. You put a plane like this together at a cost of 2K+ and you still have a plane that looks like a trainer, or the other 2 cubs parked on the flight line.
If they announced that they were planning to make the DP Ultimate again I could get excited.
Everyone has their preferences as to what they like.
The only difference between me and you people is, that I'm not as thin skinned.

Have a good one
Greg
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

CRYBABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

.I posted because I am expressing my disgust over modelers almost wetting themselves over a plane that has been modeled to death.
Are we talking about a Yak? Come on folks--- live and let live. One man's Cub is another mans Ultimate. (BTW--both are DPM designs[8D])
Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

I will remind everyone to use this time to be constructive as we are lucky to have a Cermark rep chime in the thread. Play nice or I have to put on my Mod hat

I for one would love the clipped wing in a different covering scheme. Would make a great cruiser on a lazy sunday
Old 04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
G.P.

Large scale tundra tires would be sweet!!!! It's impossible to find scale looking ones for a plane this size that are light.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, there, oldrookie,

I agree. There are too many Cubs and P51s. But it goes something like this - it's almost imposssible to go broke selling models of Cubs and P-51s, regardless of how close to scale or which exact version they are.

Sure, I've had a Cub too. My older brother asolutely hated them and said they were in his opinion the ugliest thing he ever saw. But he sure enjoyed flying my 1/4 scale clipped wing!

Now that that's done, give me a CAP 232 or maybe an Arado 196 or a Dornier 335, a Storch or even better a Kobiseiko GO60. Now that last one is something I'd like to see in giant scale.

Since none of those are likely as ARFs, we'll just have to settle for a few more Cubs and P51s. And Dave's PA18 looks pretty good for a Cub.

Antonov AN-2, maybe a Zeke or an ME 262 too. Anyone up for a Wilga? Hot Kanary? Peashooter? A26 Invader, anyone? Maule?

Just watch and see how many puke at these suggestions and jump on the Cub/P51 bandwagon. So that's what we'll get. It's what the market wants. They look good, fly great and not enoguh people care if theirs looks like everyone else's, or even if it's similar in name only. You and me presently are just badly outnumbered.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
OldRookie

Yep...Enough said.

Greg
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
forestroke

There is something very magnetic about a cub. It's like the golden retriever of planes. Everyone should love them. Sure there are the one or two people that prefer hermit crabs or raising carp but there are a ton of people that just like golden retrievers. That doesn't mean that there can't be people that like german shepards (german warbirds), dobermans (allied warbirds) or pugs (AN-2). But there are just fewer of them.

Plus, when I bring my cub out to the field, I'm ecstatic when I see other cubs. We compare notes on everything from the kit to the flying traits. All cubs, though similar, are not the same. Just like those with golden retrievers love to meet other owners. Just like car clubs gather around the same kind of car. All similar but none the same.

Believe you me, I love to be different. I am the only one flying single stick in Taiwan. One of them is a Kraft Futaba retrofit. I bring in planes from the states and china and fly planes that few people have and I'm always interested in new planes. But none of that deters me from salivating over a new cub.

And, liking or disliking something just because it is popular or rare is just shallow!

Now a new P-51, yes that's pretty ho hum :-) hehehe...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: forestroke

There is something very magnetic about a cub. It's like the golden retriever of planes. Everyone should love them. Sure there are the one or two people that prefer hermit crabs or raising carp but there are a ton of people that just like golden retrievers. That doesn't mean that there can't be people that like german shepards (german warbirds), dobermans (allied warbirds) or pugs (AN-2). But there are just fewer of them.

Plus, when I bring my cub out to the field, I'm ecstatic when I see other cubs. We compare notes on everything from the kit to the flying traits. All cubs, though similar, are not the same. Just like those with golden retrievers love to meet other owners. Just like car clubs gather around the same kind of car. All similar but none the same.

Believe you me, I love to be different. I am the only one flying single stick in Taiwan. One of them is a Kraft Futaba retrofit. I bring in planes from the states and china and fly planes that few people have and I'm always interested in new planes. But none of that deters me from salivating over a new cub.

And, liking or disliking something just because it is popular or rare is just shallow!

Now a new P-51, yes that's pretty ho hum :-) hehehe...

Speaking of navel gazing, there is just the event for this.

It's called Wings OVer Piper, held in, of all places, Lock Haven. You could even imagine your very cub rolling off the production line!

Here's a link: http://www.wingsoverpiper.com/

Just look at all those Cubs! And all in one place at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80879.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	926614  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.