Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

looking for a large cat 80" or larger

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

looking for a large cat 80" or larger

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
lildude2599

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for a large cat 80" or larger

found a motor to put in your boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0XG...eature=related
Old 05-01-2008, 02:44 AM
wayfast

that would be sick to see 4 blown conleys in a big cat! my dad has a conley v8 but it is missing some parts. he was going to use it in a new era 1/4th scale drag car but he never got around to it. one day i hope that he will come off that conley and let me put it to use. all it needs is the intake and the carb i think.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:13 AM
wayfast

it turns out that the maker of the hulls has stoped making them! i am very bummed now. i was ready to go and pick one up. well now i dont know what my next step will be. i am really dead set on getting a cat. but i havent found another hull as nice and as big as that one. does any one have one that they might want to sell?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: wayfast

it turns out that the maker of the hulls has stoped making them! i am very bummed now. i was ready to go and pick one up. well now i dont know what my next step will be. i am really dead set on getting a cat. but i havent found another hull as nice and as big as that one. does any one have one that they might want to sell?
Interesting news as only last week I received an e-mail from a guy in the UK who was buying one of the smaller cats from him direct. Not sure if he is just no longer doing the big ones or if he just got in before Hanspeter shut the door.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
fowlmood77

Not a cat, but it is big [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/New-84-Bonzi-Classic-RTR-RC-Boat-with-Twin-Engines_W0QQitemZ280224526801QQihZ018QQcategoryZ25 64QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Guess you'd have to drive to get it to since the seller won't ship
Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: fowlmood77

Not a cat, but it is big [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/New-84-Bonzi-Classic-RTR-RC-Boat-with-Twin-Engines_W0QQitemZ280224526801QQihZ018QQcategoryZ25 64QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Guess you'd have to drive to get it to since the seller won't ship
You might want to steer clear of that one - seems the seller cannot find any pictures of his own boat (all pictures are of 3 different boats - all copied from the bonzi site). The picture of the motors is of a zenoah powered boat - not a quickdraw powered boat like the listing states. The specifications list "(with twin inline engines) " which if they are inline quickdraw motors is different again. Further - it is a seller with ZERO feedback - I say give this one a miss!!! To me - it sounds like this guy does not know what he is selling and does not own it to sell in the first place.

There is a black 84" Bonzi with twin zenoahs listed in the RCU classifieds.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 AM
wayfast

man i dont know what i am going to do. i think that i may have to get a smaller boat. i am only going to get a cat. i dont like the look of any other type of boat other than the cat. but i did get an idea from one of my italian friends. get a 1/4 scale hydro and put a turbine in it. but i dont think that i can do that for less than 5K. that is all i got at the moment for this project. i have two real cars that need work too. i got to get a new front bumper and head light for my skyline. and i just got air ride and 20" wheels and a full system for my caddy-lack. to many project and not enough $$$$$. so untill i get those finished up i only have that 5k to work with. i want this thing to be a cover boat. does anyone have one of the hulls that they want to sell? or a turn key boat as well? i can live with that. i will just tear it down and have my painter lay down my own paint job. i will take one in any shape. i am going to get a hold of him again to see if maybe i can buy the mold for the big cat. i will give him as much as he wants for it. then i can get some one to lay up a hull for me.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:54 AM
stoddy

got an email from hanspeter this morning

HE AS NOT STOPPED PRODUCING THE CATS. he just needs more time with the delivery.
and he is going to hielbronn
as i'm hoping to meet up with him for some parts.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 AM
wayfast

i just found that out my self! looks like i will be able to get my hull after all!!!!!!!!!! i may just end up going to hielbronn myself to see what it is all about. do you have any more info about it? i need a vacation!!!!!!!!!!! i have been working way to hard. i though that i was going to have to s!#t can this project for a second but now there is a hope. i am going to order a hull as soon as he has time to lay one out. after i know that i can get it for sure i am going to start looking for drives. i am still looking for them as well can anyone recomend any that work well with this hull?
Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
stoddy

you can get all the drives,rudder fake hydraulic rams for rudder etc from hanspeter and they are all scale parts
hielbronn is 11- 13 july
don't know the location just waiting for a reply.