Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what hapend to one18th.com??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Nik.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what hapend to one18th.com??

Old 05-26-2008, 01:40 AM
oldfartjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what hapend to one18th.com??

To those wondering what happened..

Mike sold the site to Megatech. He transferred the domain name to be in their name. Megatech paid for the server and yearly domain name costs. With Megatech in full control, they decided to stop paying the monthly server bill (apparently due to a nasty argument). Thus, One18th.com returned an "Account Suspended" page for any request to the site because the hosting provider suspended the site for not paying their bill. Megatech then pointed the domain name to their own site in an effort to get desperate members e-mail addresses so Megatech can spam them. Mike is not happy with what Megatech is doing, but he has no say in the matter anymore because he sold it. According to Mike, One18th.com is most likely gone for good, although he says he has all the members e-mails backed up so he can e-mail everyone if the site ever returns (under a different name since One18th and One18th.com are properly of Megatech). Legally Mike is screwed. Their contract stated that Megatech has rights over the use of the name and domain name, but that was it. The content is up in the air as to who that belongs to, although the odds are not in Mike's favor.

Basically, Mike sold the site and now that Megatech stopped paying to run it, it's gone. I was an active member on the site for a long time (under a different username) and in the recent months the site has been dead and abandoned because the webmaster ( not "owner" ) Mike was always too busy to work on it. Everyone is telling me they are signing up at <link removed by mods> because they've had it with One18th. Good site, went sour, and now is gone.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Thanks very much for the info John. With that, I'm gonna close this thread, because the next thing I predict is members saying... 'go to this site, go to that site', and we don't actually normally allow links to other RC sites homepages (only direct to articles), this was a special case.

It's a shame to see One18th.com gone, I was a member there myself. I wish Mike the best of luck, and I hope he at least got a decent wedge of cash out of it.

Locked.