Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

1/7 Scale Fei Bao F15E

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

1/7 Scale Fei Bao F15E

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: 1/7 Scale Fei Bao F15E

Thanks Wagner. I saw it, but there was not sign indicating it was the Fei Bao[X(]. Though it was a kit from CC Italy.

If I knew it was the FB, I would have taken lots of photos

Looked good.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:02 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Wagner,

Where is my Tom Kitty???

Raf
Old 09-25-2008, 06:47 PM
rcjetmodels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ravill

Wagner,

Where is my Tom Kitty???

Raf
You know you have to change your signature. soon my friend we are almost there. Send you pictures from China next week.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any idea of the approximate cost of the twin engine version?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:13 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjetmodels

Wagner,

Where is my Tom Kitty???

Raf
You know you have to change your signature. soon my friend we are almost there. Send you pictures from China next week.

Excellent!!!

Raf
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 AM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

Any idea of the approximate cost of the twin engine version?
David,

Not yet but I'll check with them in China.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:26 PM
darkrio_99

Hay Lewis is this the F-15 that you are getting in a few weeks?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:04 PM
jeteye

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes that is the one. Being prepared right now in China. Received the decals last week from Two Bob's, and they're fantastic!!! With the F-4 flying well, this gives me something else to do. I'm looking forward to this project!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25785.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1045879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64148.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1045880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31321.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1045881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18686.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1045882  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:16 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Louis,
Your F-15 looks awesome, I can't wait for Jets Over KY 2009

We should have a few RC Jet Models (Fei Bao) models there
Old 10-05-2008, 06:35 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jets over KY 2009.......With my new FeiBao F-5E and F-4J. I can't wait guys. The show is Sun-Sun!!!
It's going to ROCK.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 AM
RCISFUN

Dom,
you need a bigger trailer so you can also bring your Fei Bao Panther and L-39.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:48 AM
jeteye

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

That's the very reason I had to buy a bigger trailer. Hopefully this will be the last one (everything fits). When the much awaited F-14 arrives next year, it too should fit as well.

The Jets Over Kentucky 2008 video is out, and many thanks to SKS for a job well done. 2009 is ready to rock and roll. Looking forward to you guys being there
Old 10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
MaJ. Woody

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

F-14!!

The F-14 has to be the ultimate R/C Turbine experience. When you roll out that F-14 we will need to promote you to Admiral!!!!!!

Till then, Long Live the General!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MaJ. Woody

When you roll out that F-14 we will need to promote you to Admiral!!!!!!

Till then, Long Live the General!
AGREED!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
darkrio_99

It must be nice for you to finally have a sponsors willing to give you product to test and keep for your own. You have had some that it was like pulling sharks teeth to get a piece of airline out of them.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:47 AM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: rcjetmodels

Wagner,

Where is my Tom Kitty???

Raf

Excellent!!!

Raf
Raf,

This is the F14 hatch, note that the rule is about 36 in.

I forgot to take the picture of the rest of the plane

I should open a F14 thread now.

Name:	Hf98121.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1047398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34857.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1047399  
Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 AM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

Thanks Wagner. I saw it, but there was not sign indicating it was the Fei Bao[X(]. Though it was a kit from CC Italy.

If I knew it was the FB, I would have taken lots of photos

Looked good.

Here you go Edgar, I shot these at Jet Power

Name:	Db84014.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1047435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94567.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1047436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51933.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1047437  
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 AM
tp777fo

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Is the Su-27 set up as a twin or single?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Edgar Perez

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I understandt it is setup as a twin (20 lbs).

I would have wanted to take photos of the insides and the landing gears..
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM
rcjetmodels

We have been getting a lot of questions about this model lately, so we thought it might be a good time to reveal a little more about it, why the model is different from some of the other planes out there. It is not our style to talk negatively about other companies, so we won't do that. We are sure they make a fine product, we just want to talk about why ours is so different, and why, we'd like to think...better!
This is not a sport-scale model. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will be perfectly satisfied with a nice sport-scale model that looks pretty much like an F-15E. This plane is not that...this is an exact-scale model. Not a warmed-over F-15A, but designed from the ground-up from a clean page to be a proper F-15E Strike Eagle, which is a very different aircraft from the other F-15 variants, there are a lot more changes than just the conformal tanks along the fuselage sides.
We gathered, and are still gathering, a mountain of documentation to make the model as accurate as possible, and we had long discussions and debates on seemingly obscure details, such as whether or not the nosewheel yoke is supposed to be made from a rounded piece of tubing, or a squared off steel casting, that sort of level of detail. The final product will reflect that level of accuracy, it will have fully-detailed landing gear and full surface detail on every square inch, and a completely accurate outline, a competition-worthy model.
The prototype will be ready for test flying in a few weeks. We intend to fly it hard, a plane of this size needs to be strong, and the landing gear needs to be perfect. After that, we will make any changes, add more detail to the molds, then fly another with the changes, then commit to production, figure the pricing, and make a formal announcement. Pricing, as usual, is expected to be a pleasant surprise, a lot for the money.
The model will be equipped with a speed brake, and we are working on an opening canopy system. We want to make sure the canopy system is truly secure, though...a canopy coming open from the front in flight, while still being secured at the rear, could cause the loss of the aircraft, so we need to make sure the system is perfect and well flight-tested before including it on the model. We will not feature thrust vectoring, as the current systems don't look very scale at all, they involve a cup-shaped deal working inside a fiberglass tailcone that needs to be built in the wide-open position in order to accomodate the movement of the cups, and it's just not in keeping with the scale nature of our model. If you want to do 3-D maneuvers with an F-15E Strike Eagle, this may not be the model for you! We are actually doing some development work with thrust vectoring systems and working nozzles, but for us, it will have to look and work like the real thing, with many small metal panels nested together and working through scale actuating rods, it's a big engineering project, and we are not sure if the customers really want it, so consider that to be just something we are thinking about, not an actual product announcement, at this stage in time.
The sizing of this model is very deliberate. We wanted to make a model large enough to be easy to fly, capable of handling the weight of a lot of detail, yet still be able to meet the 55 pound AMA rules. We did a lot of math and a lot of planning to make sure the plane is not under-built and potentially dangerous, but still very lightweight by using many advanced materials that we have been gaining experience with. It's easy enough to make a plane lighter or heavier by adding or subtracting more glass and resin, but we took a more systemic approach by using the right materials in the right places, rather than just throwing more resin or plywood at potential problems. The plane is going to be very strong and very light...well...light for such a large airplane!
It will be offered for a single turbine, but we can also prepare new intake ducting and formers and such for a twin version, we considered that all along during the design process.
Time frame? We are hesitant to say too much, as we are more concerned with getting the really best plane we can make rather than beating anyone else to market, but now that the first prototype is being prepared(it's already much further along than when these photos were taken), the rate of progress will be very fast. Good weather for test flying is always a factor, but we expect to have this airborne within a month or so. After that, it's hard to say, but making any changes we feel necessary to the tooling or molds is very quick, getting the changes tested sometimes takes a little longer. Look for more information within a month or so, but we have been working on the project for a long time already, and the light at the end of the tunnel is only a few months away.
Sorry that the pictures are only a taste, we will do better pictures soon, but we wanted to show something to satisfy the customers asking to see something. We had to drag this model out of the engineers' hands in the Prototype Shop, they were working on it at the time, and did not like the disruption, so it was a few quick shots and then they had to bring the model back in to fit the spar holders and such.
We would love your feedback. There are a few specific issues we want your opinions on...what do you think about the whole thrust vectoring thing? What about a removable nose with quick-release for easier transportation? What about twin engines? We truly value your input. Keep in mind, though, that often, there are several different ways to skin a cat, all of which may work, but at some point, our team needs to make a decision, so if you have an idea, and we don't actually implement it, it could be that it's not a bad idea, just one that we have reasons for not using, so please don't get insulted. We also don't want the thread to get sidetracked, if you think we should have made a larger or smaller Strike Eagle, or maybe a B-47 instead, we are all ears, but please start a different thread about it, just so we can have uncluttered information about the new F-15E all in one place. We are looking forward to hearing your comments.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:04 AM
JET FX

Wagner, This is going to also be my next FB model without doubt...

One thing I personally think that would be scale and a lot better than thrust vectoring in the F-15's case that would also improve flight dynamic performance dramatically would have to be functional "scale inlets" as on the full size Eagle that raise and lower in relation to the jets airspeed. From an engineering standpoint they would be much easier to incorporate than thrust vectoring I imagine, plus its scale!!! From what I have seen R/C model F-15's have generally always suffered from being excessively draggy and I think this probably has a lot to do with the fixed and raised position of these inlet ducts which create excess drag and limit top speed dramatically. I would be interested to here what other F-15 enthusiasts think about functional inlets for the F-15.

I think offerering the ultra scale undercarriage is a great idea, Also maybe consider making the wheels ultra scale also?

Other than that possibly making the scale vent grills found on the F-15's upper fuselage open and functional.

Cheers- Marty
Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM
jetfixr

Moveable intakes would be really neat! If I was anybody making this airplane though, I would just put them on a variable channel with a knob though (like you would normally do with flaps.) The real ones do not actually move dependant on airspeed but rather on angle of attack. However, when engines start, the first ramp (the large one you see) does move to the full down position and stays there basically until the jet is airborne. The flaps however are only up and down, so they would be easy to put on just a two position switch. Just some things to think about. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

so did I miss the price on the complete kit. Or do you guy's know yet

Dave
Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 PM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: JET FX

Wagner, This is going to also be my next FB model without doubt...

One thing I personally think that would be scale and a lot better than thrust vectoring in the F-15's case that would also improve flight dynamic performance dramatically would have to be functional "scale inlets" as on the full size Eagle that raise and lower in relation to the jets airspeed. From an engineering standpoint they would be much easier to incorporate than thrust vectoring I imagine, plus its scale!!! From what I have seen R/C model F-15's have generally always suffered from being excessively draggy and I think this probably has a lot to do with the fixed and raised position of these inlet ducts which create excess drag and limit top speed dramatically. I would be interested to here what other F-15 enthusiasts think about functional inlets for the F-15.

I think offerering the ultra scale undercarriage is a great idea, Also maybe consider making the wheels ultra scale also?

Other than that possibly making the scale vent grills found on the F-15's upper fuselage open and functional.

Cheers- Marty
Marty,

The inlets are out of our scope right now, regarding the grils check this picture.

Name:	Wu61595.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1053222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31355.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1053223  
Old 10-16-2008, 08:53 PM
rcjetmodels

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

so did I miss the price on the complete kit. Or do you guy's know yet

Dave
Dave,

No prices yet, but Fei Bao is talking over a promotion for the 10 first buyers. Please email me if you guys are interested to be on the list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.