Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

v vs cat

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
bigteeracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: v vs cat

hi mart
the apache is a very good hull for the rough stuff ( 57 " or 60" )and is very competive with a good zenoah / sikk set up

there is now way in the world that you can run at 55 / 60 mph in the rough ....just not going to happen

the video from last years windymere race was held in rough water an i dought that any one got over 35 mph

the chase boat videos from this year were shot in preaty rough and windy condictions , when i went out it was blowing 3/4 and lumpy sea but when the last boys went out it was even windier and very lumpy
i ran the new pacer 65 with a zenoah / rcmk engine and i was useing no more that 1/2 throttle at best , i know the other guys where the same
running a largeish hull requires more balance within the boat the faster you want to go

twin engines in the 57 work very well ( inline ) as they give you more drivablity and weight , and you can work with the props as the condictions get worse

the pacer will take the 35 thats for sure but not in the rough stuff so will rig it out with the twins to compere

many thanks tony
Old 11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
ghonduriun

iam not expecting it to hit 60 out in the choppy water
but where i live iam close to a very large bay
and most of the time its dead flat so thats why
iam trying to find out what to buy to get my boat up
to speed
Old 11-10-2008, 11:01 PM
DJLaPalme

Try an Aeromarine Apache or a big "v" from Expresscraft boats with a Quickdraw engine. That should put you in the ballpark of 60, if not over, on calm water. Dennis
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: ghonduriun
so if bigger is better which boat do you think i should buy
Aeromarine 56" apache is a great choice. Single zenoah and your all set.

I had a 56 with a QD35. It was a heavy fast sport boat. A blast in the chop. I am not sure I was able to break 55 with her.
A new guy rocked up to the pond with a 56" Areomarine RTR with stock zenoah. First day out with it. I was not able to catch him (not that I really wanted to admit it )
But I am sure he was in the 50's with a brand new out of the box Aeromarine RTR 56.

I made the mistake of selling my apache and have kicked myself ever since.

http://groups.msn.com/JustaddwatasRCBoats/56apache.msnw
Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea totally agree with you Tony ,by the way that pacer is a really nice hull any info on that one?.
Mart
Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 PM
ghonduriun

so 56 is better than the 57
Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 PM
rcguy1411

my opinion if its an off shore cat it comes down to setup and hull lenght ive run bolth in very rough watter the cat seems to just float over the top stuffed it on moere than one occasion but using the same eguiptment iin bolth boats the cat seemed run better cat was an dunas skater 67 with twin k&b 7.5 outboards and the deep v was a scarib by dumas whti the same power my call is tou can get eather one to run well as long as you take the time to trim and ballacce everything so if you like cats chose a cat if you like deep v's go with what you like and enjoy