Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tamjets A-4 Owners...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tamjets A-4 Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Tamjets A-4 Owners...

Shaun,
I assume you are messing around with a Tams A-4. You might want to add this extra 16oz tank for more fuel supply.
V..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17925.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1095783  
Old 12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tamjets

Shaun,
I figure even you call me. You wouldn't understand what was I saying. I edited some of the photos get you an idea what I'm try to explain.
This is very simple basic steering mechanist was use by Spring Air retract and some other retract.
Hope this is only problem you don't understand......otherwise I had to charge you for the hours edited every single photos in detail.

Tam,

Thanks, but as I already stated, I solved the problem. As I also stated, the real problem was trying to figure out what the builder had in mind when he went WAY off the reservation with his steering setup. The interior of this particular jet looks very little like the pics in the manual due to whoever built this thing doing his own thing. I don't know if you read my above posts, but lemme try again: The photos in the manual are of no help in this particular situation. I'm not building this A-4. I'm not doing a fit-out. I'm trying to undo what seems to me to be an installation job that didn't follow the instructions at all. The interior of this bird (at least in the front) looks nothing like what's in the manual. Like I mentioned the last time I talked to you, whoever built this thing hosed it up pretty good. At any rate, don't you think that if I can build a Yellow F-18 for twin turbines from a KIT, that I could 'understand' your very straightforward ARF if there wasn't something WAAAAAAYYY wrong?? Gimme a LITTLE credit, OK? All I wanted was ONE pic of the STOCK installation. Voila! Problem solved!

As for your Tamlish: I'm married to an Asian woman with a thick accent, I speak three languages (well, two and a half..) and I went to a predominantly Viet Namese high school. I got you covered.

Now, why a simple question has to devolve into a spat like this is beyond me. People need to let go of past beefs, egos and grudges. It's CHRISTMAS EVE for Christ's sake! So have a Merry one, everybody.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: Vincent

Shaun,
I assume you are messing around with a Tams A-4. You might want to add this extra 16oz tank for more fuel supply.
V..

LOL,

Yes, you could say "messing" around....... Thanks for the pic.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Shaun,
Don't be offended for little humor.

Goin West,
You had nothing to share in this forum. Let me or someone had information are usefull.
Thanks your second PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

...Now, why a simple question has to devolve into a spat like this is beyond me. People need to let go of past beefs, egos and grudges. It's CHRISTMAS EVE for Christ's sake! So have a Merry one, everybody.
Shaun, you take the words out of my mouth. You should write a screen play about some of these posts on RCU. It would be humorous - to us at least. Not sure the public at large would follow it, but it would be funny to me none the less!

As you know I have that A-4 build thread going on at RCG.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963158

If you want to post your build pics there feel free to do so. I have several pictures of my A-4 that I have not posted because I just posted the bare bones ones to show progress. If you need any other ones, I can put them up. I know you are an accomplished builder, but someone else may come along and benefit from a particular post or discussion later on.

For any one else who may wonder, as for for Tam's service, I can say I have not felt slighted or dissed. As advertised. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not a shill or a hater, just a builder, flyer, and student of aeronautical curiosities. My hurting wallet speaks, at times, louder than my mouth (or keyboard).

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Shaun Evans

Eddie,

Thanks. Nice work, BTW. That's a good thread and you'll end up with a great bird!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Eddie P

Thanks Shaun, we should get some formation in at CA Jets; Is your scooter gonna suck air (EDF), or blow air (Turbine)?

Don't think I was making much sense regarding Tams customer service from the last post. I am very happy with the service as a builder. Tam knows I've taken more than my fair share of his time on the phone. Above and beyond on service, but as any business owner would attest, he still has to run the shop and pay the bills. He's only human, maybe he needs to write a CGI program of himself to BS all day and shoot the crap while he, himself, keeps his business running and family happy!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:04 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

ORIGINAL: Eddie P

Thanks Shaun, we should get some formation in at CA Jets; Is your scooter gonna suck air (EDF), or blow air (Turbine)?

Does not look to good for that-She is listed in the classifieds. S
Old 12-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Eddie P

I was hoping someone would get something out of that one
Old 12-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Shaun Evans

LOL,

I'm sure she'll fly! I got all the bugs worked out and she's good-to-go now. It'll make someone a good jet at a good price. It's set up for a P-60. I've got a Yellow A-4 kit just sitting there, so I'll build this one out for a P-60, then wait for the SkyMaster A-4 to come out to satisfy my itching for a big scooter.