Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sadly our hobby has lost a wonderful member today, Vern Kramer.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sadly our hobby has lost a wonderful member today, Vern Kramer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Sadly our hobby has lost a wonderful member today, Vern Kramer.

Larry, I have not been around for a few years now, but I was always impressed by your dad in many different ways. Always a gentleman, and an all around great guy. I lost my dad last October. I know the feeling. Sorry for the loss.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Esprit

It is with such sadness that I tell you that Vern Kramer passed away on the 14th August at 14:05 peacefully in his sleep having been unable to beat cancer.

Jo and I met the “Kramers” (Vern, Beulah and Larry) in November 2001 at the Florida International Jet Rally, we had come over from the U.K. for a holiday, but mainly to see the “Jets” in action with some good weather. Vern invited us to stay under his tent, as he was very worried that we would get sun burnt being out in the sun all day. This was the beginning of a wonderful relationship.

The following year we returned but this time with models and had a great time at FIJR. After the meeting was over we then travelled south to stay in Naples and sample the delights of the south west of Florida.

This led to us becoming good friends and meeting up with Vern and Larry all over the USA. We have kept 2 models in a storage unit ever since and wherever we went the models would follow. On 3 occasions Vern and Larry brought them up to Indiana to Tim Redelman’s meeting ‘Jets over the Heartland’. We would never have been able to fly direct into Chicago and have such a wonderful time had it not been for them.

Master builder and Master painter, Vern will be well remembered for his stunning models, BVM Bandit and BVM Kingcat, to name but 2, always winning trophies at many events around the country. The number is too many to recall, but if ever you stopped by his tent he was always happy to show you his models and explain how the building and painting was done.

Recently he purchased a ‘Boomerang Elan’, well this was just fantastic, always a good pattern pilot, he was just ever so happy to come out to field with his Brit friends and give the Boomerang a good fly. He was just able to relax that bit more and really enjoy each flight. Not to mention the hundreds of flights he put on his famous Compensator.

I was fortunate to spend a week with Vern in May this year, we went to the field each day and just messed about and flew planes, talked about this and that for hours, sat under the tent while it rained, but none of it mattered as we were just having a good time. His trust was wonderful, on one occasion he offered me a flight on his Venus with the single stick tx, I was well made up seeing I fly mode 1. I am happy to say all ended well.

I have lost a friend, a second father; the hobby has lost a great builder, painter and a true ambassador of the “Jet scene”. Vern I do hope that everyday has blue skies and no wind, endless Jet A and that you have many more flight with you’re your friends.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Buelah, Larry, Sheila, Diane and the rest of the family.

My best wishes to his family , i only met him once , in Orlando , he was a very kind person , he was worried that i would burn in the sun also !!

i did not know it was because he had Cancer ... God bless him !

Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry and family,

My sincerest sympathies to you for you've lost a wonderful, caring man and we've lost a great friend. My time with the two of you at Georgia Jets last year was a blessing. Larry, thanks for sharing your father with the rest of us.

May God bless you and your family through this time of grief.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 PM
bigbaggy

Larry,
I am sorry for the loss of your father. He was a giant in this hobby. God bless you and your family. God bless Vern.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Esprit

Larry has asked me to post some pictures of Vern with his friends at his home airfield, whilst he enjoyed being with all his modeling family around the country this was where he really enjoyed being. We came over from England as much as possible, at least twice a year and spent a whole week going out to fly. Some days we could not fly as the wind was too strong, but it did not matter as we would tell stories of the other great days we had previously had. Vern we are going to miss you!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30172.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1256231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30384.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1256232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47118.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1256233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp38910.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1256234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm75383.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1256235  
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Planecrazy232
My Feedback: (2)

Larry & family,

I am shocked at this news. Your dad is one of the great ones. We are fortunate to have a hobby we can share with our dad's the way we do. My heart goes out to you.

Anthony Greco, Jr.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:56 PM
skidIII

Thanks for sharing your sentiments and wonderful memories of my Father-In-Law Vern. It's hard to believe he and I and Larry were pounding out continous flights for three days straight in November. I was lucky enough to be taught how to fly RC models by Vern, including the "Vern Turn" on the Compensator and most importantly good airmanship (I think he secretly wanted me to crash it beyond repair).

Thanks again for being such wonderful friends to Vern and Larry!

Dan & (Diane)

Name:	Yw68607.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	1256261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65619.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	1256262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19521.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1256263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98894.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1256264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79080.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1256265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92795.jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1256266  
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 PM
banditarf robert

Very sad news to hear. After I met him my first time at winimac he was apleasure to talk and get info about his beautiful planes. I was looking foward to seeing him and Larry at the recent JOH. Our prayers are with you Larry. He will be missed
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Larry and family,
I agree with all of these kind words from others. You guys have always been a special "effect" of every jet meet I have been to. I am more rich because of you guys, for sure. Though I was somewhat just another jet jockey, Vern went out of his way at Ky Jets to share some plywood aprts with me...as if my plane was the most important item there was at that moment....it made me want to be like Vern!!!

Larry, carry on my brother!!! I will be praying for the comfort of our Lord on you and your family as you grieve.

With incredible awe,
Rex Briant
Old 08-14-2009, 11:33 PM
feenhere
My Feedback: (26)

Larry,

I was deeply saddened to hear that Vern passed away today, he was an icon in the jet community he will be greatly missed. Like others Vern inspired me to be a better modeler I can remember when I brought a newly finished model to the FIJR Vern took a look at the paint job on it and said “your getting there” I took that as a complement. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

John and Elissa Banner
Old 08-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Turbinac

Patricia and I often met Vern and Larry at meetings and always enjoyed our time with them. A true gentleman and a great craftsman, Vern's passing is a real loss to us all. He will be sadly missed.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:18 AM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Larry,
Sorry for your loss. You and your dad were a great team.
He will be missed by all who knew him.
Hang in there.

Jose
Old 08-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Geoff White

What can I say that no one else has said? It was a real privilege to meet Vern and I will miss his wit and humour.

Geoff.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Aero65

I’m glad that we were able to see Vern at Jets over Kentucky. Larry our condolences go out to you and your family.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Bill Hatcher

Larry and family, Words can't express my sadness at your loss. Your dad was one of the good guys. You know if you need anything I am only 70 miles up the road and I would be happy to help any time.
Vern my friend God Speed
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Iceman8
My Feedback: (27)

Larry
Very sorry to hear the sad news about your dad. Vern always had a way of making us all laugh. He will be greatly missed.

Shani
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I have known Vern for at least 10 years and I regarded him as a good friend and a great guy. My heart goes out to Larry and the family. Words fail me. My prayers are with you all.

This picture is how I think of Vern, always happy, always smiling.

Craig

Name:	Zx72373.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1256491  
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Bluethunder3320

im sorry
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Larry and family sorry to hear of your loss. Your father will be missed.

Sung Kim
Old 08-15-2009, 02:03 PM
F.P./BANDIT

Over 60 jet meets , 1'000's of great meals , 175,000 plus miles traveling

1'000's of flights , 18 years of friendship , all spent with Vern Kramer..... priceless

i'm glad we were friend's God bless you Vern Rest in peace in our Lord's Kingdom.

( say hi to Roger for me ) your friend , Francis
Old 08-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Doctor J.

My Love and Prayers go out to you Beulah, Larry, and the rest of your family. Vern was a great friend first, an honest and up front man, who I will miss deeply. I was blessed to have had the privilege of spending time with Vern, and the rest of the guys from the Naples crew, on many happy occasions. I will cherish those memories, and hold them dear. Vern, may you rest in peace my friend. I am honored to have been your friend.

John Ligons

US MicroJet LLC.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
victorian

Buella, Larry and the rest of the family, Paul and I are so sorry for your lost. Vern was great person, we will miss him terribly. I always looked forward to going to Florida so he could correct me on the proper name for your "love bugs"-I had a different name for them, of course. We are happy to been able to get to know and have him as a friend, we'll always treasure that. Your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Patty and Paul

Name:	Zx71284.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1256592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54451.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1256593  
Old 08-15-2009, 03:14 PM
luckyb001
My Feedback: (8)

Larry, so sorry about your dad he was a great guy. Mike
Old 08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Vic Patterson
My Feedback: (14)

Vern will be missed.What a gentelman.He and larry would spend as much time with a stranger as you wanted,he really didn
't know me and betty,but every year at fla jets we would seek him out to see what was his latest paint job.thank you vern for every minute.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:35 PM
LLK

"I don't know how to do a bad job", is one of my favorite things that Larry's Dad always said.  Never taking for granted the many blessings in his life, he uninhibitedly shared his joy as it shone through his work and in all he said and did.

A man of honor, steadfast principals, exemplary work ethics, and great integrity, the love and passion in his enormous heart guided every aspect of his life and touched the soul of every person that he met.

My profound sadness inhibits me from expressing the extent to which his love means to me and the depth of my love for him.  We thank you all for sharing your heartfelt wishes and thoughts.  It has been an honor and a blessing to be a part of the Kramer Team ("Kramer Krew"!), and a member of the beautiful Kramer Family.  Our love, as is his spirit, is eternal.

Larry's Girlfriend, Kathleen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.