Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

EZRUN Sensorless Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
iMOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZRUN Sensorless Series

hey you can get a 2.4ghx dx3e transmitter, micro receiver and a 200g servo for $100 bux. I have this combo in my xray t2, and its great. the servo is even strong and fast.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-w-S200-Servo

i got mines from hobbytown USA if you have one local.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
tattoosonme
My Feedback: (16)

hey guys i got the ezrun 60amp speedo an a 5.5 turn motor in my yokomo mr4bcs buggy with a 4600 intelect 6 cell batt an let me say im impressed i was told by alot of people not to buy the ezrun setup but my brushed setup started to smoke an a freind had a spare brushless that he sold to me for 40 bucks motor speedo an programer now im gonna buy a few more for some of my other cars that im working on my gear choice is an 84 tooth spur with a 20 pinnion gear local pd clocked me at 42 not to bad an dont see any need for a bigger batt but i will have a speed run car here soon gonna pick up a funny car an pump 11.1 volts at 5000 mah into should b intresting
Old 09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Redvanmafia

the 5.5 is very fast, but has no low end torque, well it does until the motor heats up to 200+
Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
iMOD

the 9t is the best balanced hobbywing motor there is.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
clutchjunkie

Has anyone actually burned up a 9t/35a Hobbywing combo? I was originally worried that it would be fragile and not be able to handle anything more than a touring car, but I have slowly pushed mine farther and farther and it just seems to keep trucking along.

Ihave run it in 2 different 10th touring cars, an rb5, a t4, anlx1 electric conversion geared really low, and now it is in a 12th scale monster truck Ibuilt out of leftover parts in my collection. For the price, it is probably the best bang for your buck item in all rc. The only thing it seemed to gethot in was the lx1 after about 5 minutes, but that is an 8th scale buggy and I only did it to mess around and Ipulled it out after that run

Ihave only run it on 2s lipo, so that may be helping it survive my abuse.

Also, I have taken the end off of the motor, and it has the same size rotor as a Novak 540 brushless. You could swap themif you could find bearings that work, the hobbywing rotors' ends are a smaller diameter than thenovaks'. I keep hearingthat it is a 380 inside aribbed can, which it is not.It is also a "coreless" motor, which supposedly is more efficient than the normal cored motors, if that is true it would explain the amount of power it has while only needing a 35 amp esc.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
iMOD

yes you are all correct. sadly i just gave mines away for $53. I have a 5.5 xerun now, and its not much faster until i installed the turbo program. It even runs hotter to get the same speed with the 9t, even while running it at 4.74 FDR on a xray T2.

However, Its suggested that my battery isnt putting out enough for the 5.5t.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 AM
FireFrenzy

imod, i own the 5.5t ezrun (the sensorless equivalent) and have in the past owned a 9t ezrun and i can tell you that on LIPO power there is NO WAY the 9t can keep up with it... i'd even race the 9t in a tourning car versus my 5.5t in my backslash... with the correct tire's i'd dare hazard a guess that i'd still smoke you...

So personally i am inclined to agree with the "you need a better battery" hypothesis...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i will stick to cheap esc's
Old 09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
iMOD

Im running at turnigy 5200mah 30c battery. I had the 9t geared at 4.74 now..I would be all over that 5.5t.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Haddi Taha

do some cooling work on your motor and esc as thats really goeing to get some heat. put a yeahracing tornado fan on the esc and an heatsink with 2 tornadoe fans on the motor. Thatshould help cool things down, i run on 5.75 and itgets hot (no mods done to the car yet, i planning on putting a12v 3-4inch fan on the body roof instead of the light unit and see if it can cool things
Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
iMOD

No it did not get too hot. I had a fan and a heatsink. i believe the lipo helps
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Haddi Taha

my one heats up to much but nothing get wrecked except a plug caught aligh (somehow) and burnt my esc so i bought a new  one.</p>
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have a 35amp ez-run ESC. it works fine, except the fail-safe goes to WOT, instead of braking. i dont see any way to adjust this. i have tried re-calibrating the ESC, and i have re-set all the adjustable items via the program card.
the manual says that it has a fail-safe, and that if the radio signal is lost it will cut power...but mine goes WOT...
this cause me to lose control of the car a few days ago(my antenna got damaged) and the car shot across a main street and hit a house a block away. forturnately, only the body suffered a few small dents.

any ideas?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:05 AM
AL3xGR

It will protect your rc if the receiver has no power(for example if you disconnect the trio wire.).
This is the "lost signal protection".It won't protect if the signal is lost due to high range(higher than receiver can get signal).
When receiver loses the signal of transmitter does some very strange acts.Esc can't protect you from this.Esc thinks that those acts are commands from you(sending them via tx to rx).The ONLY way to protect is when rx has no power.The accident from signal loss (the real loss,not than ezrun says...) can be prevented if you use a fail safe.(And again,It's abilities are limited....If you want no accidents,then buy a 2.4GHz radio.Hobbyking has a 2ch designed for cars at 16$.I have tried it.It's very good.It's range is perfect(compared to expensive radios) and It's compatible with ezrun escs too)
Old 09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: AL3xGR

It will protect your rc if the receiver has no power(for example if you disconnect the trio wire.).
This is the ''lost signal protection''.It won't protect if the signal is lost due to high range(higher than receiver can get signal).
When receiver loses the signal of transmitter does some very strange acts.Esc can't protect you from this.Esc thinks that those acts are commands from you(sending them via tx to rx).The ONLY way to protect is when rx has no power.The accident from signal loss (the real loss,not than ezrun says...) can be prevented if you use a fail safe.(And again,It's abilities are limited....If you want no accidents,then buy a 2.4GHz radio.Hobbyking has a 2ch designed for cars at 16$.I have tried it.It's very good.It's range is perfect(compared to expensive radios) and It's compatible with ezrun escs too)
OK, so my ESC isnt defective or anything. it doesnt protect against signal loss(like if i turn my Tx off or the batts die or the signal from my TX isnt getting to the RX) it just protects if power to the RX is lost.

i did have a 2.4ghz radio on it. but when i installed the antenna, i accidently damaged it, greatly limiting ist range(to about 30-50 feet.)
i have repaired the antenna, and the range is fine now. i just wanted to make sure the the ESC was working right as well. thanx for the info.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 AM
AL3xGR

The esc is not deffective.It just has a protection until there.Nothing more.(No fail-safe)