Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Superman Question/Roll Call

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Superman Question/Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superman Question/Roll Call

And he is raising the price to limit attendance and kinda raise the level of the whole thing. I think it is a great idea, especially the improved crowd control he promises this year

Gee, I hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like....

I mean, I went a couple years ago, and other than freezing half my ***** off, I really enjoyed it. I was planning on going this year, but I (being one of those less-than-40K/yr. guys) would hate to think I was 'lowering the level' of the event......
Old 07-24-2003, 05:32 PM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperMan

The bottom line is this, and it's pretty simple; Do you want to continue to have Superman and enjoy the event for a price. Or not have the event and save a couple of $$$$.

Anyone who has attended in the past, and plans to continue sholdn't have a problem.

JB
Old 07-24-2003, 05:35 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by YellowAircraft
Gee, I hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like....

I mean, I went a couple years ago, and other than freezing half my ***** off, I really enjoyed it. I was planning on going this year, but I (being one of those less-than-40K/yr. guys) would hate to think I was 'lowering the level' of the event......
I wouldn't take it that way. Last year was a Cluster F--k in my opinion. I didn't take a jet, I just went as a PIT/Spectator. While there, it was clear to me that this was way more than some jet guys wanting to get together and strut some flying. It was very unusual that there wern't six jets in the air continuously all day long. Spectators were in the pits. I was standing next to the guy directing traffic and some jet comes burning past us from the pits and headed off across the runway hit the grass on the other side and caught fire. I think only me, BV, and the guy directing traffic even saw this happen there was so much going on. My speculation above may or may not be true, but certainly with more funding, they should be able to "raise the level of the event" in catering to the pilots and their needs and above all SAFETY.

As regards safety, it appears they'll be limiting how and where people fly their jets this year. No low fly by's under 15 ft. No flying towards the crowd etc. Definately a good idea as regards safety, but wonder how enforcing something like this can be with as many jets shooting around?
Old 07-24-2003, 05:42 PM
diceman

Default SuperMan

It's always very busy on the weekends just like every other big meet. Ever been to Joe Nall???? That is the main reason he opended it up the week. A lot of us show up earlier in the week and it's very pleasent. Many of us don't fly much on the weekend or even at all so the people who can only be there on the weeked can get in some time.

We all have a year to plan the trip. Being there all week or early in the week is great. You get to see everything and not fight a big crowd. It really becomes a matter of personal decision if you decide to only be there for the weekend.

JB
Old 07-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Sean
Old 07-24-2003, 05:50 PM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Personally

I think he should double or even triple these prices.

It would get the event down to the right number of people. This event is known for seeing some of the incredible stuff, and it would continue to be a venue for that at 200 or 300 for the week. These prices would have almost no bearing on the hardcore guys.

Maybe some of the kyosho F-16s would stay at home but oh well I think most of us would get over it :-)
Old 07-24-2003, 05:59 PM
seanreit

Default Re: Personally

Originally posted by mr_matt
I think he should double or even triple these prices.

It would get the event down to the right number of people. This event is known for seeing some of the incredible stuff, and it would continue to be a venue for that at 200 or 300 for the week. These prices would have almost no bearing on the hardcore guys.

Maybe some of the kyosho F-16s would stay at home but oh well I think most of us would get over it :-)
Your comment on the F-16's is awfully elitist in my opinion. But you may have a point. Comdex isn’t $20.00 a day general admission. This is “THE” event of the year.

But in the Comdex Analogy, there are hundreds of vendors at $80.00 a day or whatever it's going for these days. What's really new this year that's worth paying that much to be a part of? We can all fly jet's at our respective fields. I thought it was mostly seeing your friends from other events at another event. At that kind of money, I would expect a lot of the people some of us like to fly with would drop out.

I could, and more often than not, be wrong.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:33 PM
mr_matt

Default Re: Re: Personally

Originally posted by seanreit
Your comment on the F-16's is awfully elitist in my opinion. .
AHH I have been waiting for that! No worries about the smiley in my post, just ingnore that if it feels right:-)

I have not been accused of being elitist in a long time!

It feels good!!
Old 07-24-2003, 06:34 PM
mr_matt

Default Re: Re: Personally

Originally posted by seanreit
At that kind of money, I would expect a lot of the people some of us like to fly with would drop out.
Oh well that is your choice!
Old 07-24-2003, 06:45 PM
seanreit

I was misquoted twice. The comment is elitist, not you.

I expect that some people you like and some people I like would drop out. Although that's speculation, it's likely that someon you know or someone I know that we like to fly with would drop out.

That would NOT be your choice, or my choice. It would be THEIR choice.

Smiley or not, sorry my comments were interpreted wrong.

Sean
Old 07-24-2003, 06:46 PM
six shooter

I would hate to think I was 'lowering the level' of the event......

Shaun, It depends on whether your one of those "non-paying people" or not.

Ha, I just had to say that, I couldn't resist the temptation.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

Default ENTRY LIMIT

If Jerry wanted to limit the numbers, why not do only pre-registration. When you get to your designated number, shut it down. If you get in, you fly. If not, you watch your buddies fly. It's pretty simple, right. Go by postmarks, set the deadline, send the checks back that didn't make the cut.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:42 AM
schu777
My Feedback: (32)

I was really surprised to see the entry fee jump up to that amount. True that $105 for the week isn't that bad, but come Friday, it's so busy that some jet guys don't care to fly with that crowded sky - which means if they arrive on tuesday and fly 3 days, that comes to be $35 per day...just one day is what it equals to other Jet events (or close to it). I'm in agreement with the pre-registration only and a limit of the number of pilots - allow people time to bow out of going, but they loose the spot and give it to the next guy in line. Oh well, I'm not planning to attend this year - part of the reason is the cost, second, crowd control - yuck, last year was a mess with people going everywhere and anywhere.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:46 AM
diceman

Default Superman

As usual people are not paying attention. It's only $55 for Fri, Sat & Sun.

Ever bought a lift ticket at a ski resort??????????????
Old 07-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

lol Thats part of the excitment, all the people, lots too see and you cant turn your back w/o missing something, you gotta love it. Sitting in the tent and watching everybosy else is worth the $105 to me, lol.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:43 AM
T Redelman

Maybe Jerry should turn it into an invitational event and close out all the scumbags for good. I'd pay four,,, no ,,, five times that much as long as Bill Harris was invited. LOL!! And oh yeah don't invite that non-payin rope jumpin David Reid either. LOL LOL LOL!!!

(I guess thats if I get invited myself)

Tim Redelman

P.s. I can say that cause David's out of town!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:46 AM
t33jetman
My Feedback: (1)

Matt,

I hate to say it, but, the Kyosho will be ate Superman again, it is up to 218 flights on it now. I like this airport and the people that come. I would pay any amout just to fly with America's best pilots, so make some room for me in the air.

p.s. I might have a "Bandit" in my back pocket if you need to see me go fast, but the little one the kids love it.

William
Old 07-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Skymac

Originally posted by T Redelman
Maybe Jerry should turn it into an invitational event and close out all the scumbags for good. I'd pay four,,, no ,,, five times that much as long as Bill Harris was invited. LOL!! And oh yeah don't invite that non-payin rope jumpin David Reid either. LOL LOL LOL!!!

(I guess thats if I get invited myself)

Tim Redelman

P.s. I can say that cause David's out of town!

Hey Tim,

Dont forget us Kentucky boys, might bring a sheep with us. LMAO Talked to that ol' Long boy any lately? Trying to get him to come, can't get him to leave work. Go fiqure..............................
Old 07-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Skymac

Thats been what 4 or 5 years since ou sent that email Tim? He sure got in a wad when he read it........
Old 07-26-2003, 03:00 AM
RENO
My Feedback: (17)

Shut Up and DEAL!!

Skeet
Old 07-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Bill Harris

David Reid is going to be chief of security this year. He's going to electrify all the fences so no one can sneak in. That includes Tim Redelman. Tim will change the day he's coming about ten times anyway. (HEH-HEH) Tim loves sneaking underneath fences anyway. Bill Harris
Old 07-28-2003, 09:36 PM
T Redelman

Yeah I a fence jumper from way back !!

Tim
Old 07-29-2003, 11:22 AM
TAILHOOK-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default Fence jumping

Talking about jumping fences - will the $5.00 hamburger man
be there.

See you there -
Old 07-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Blueskies21
My Feedback: (34)

Huh??

"Whatcha talking about willis"???
Old 07-29-2003, 12:15 PM
schu777
My Feedback: (32)

I believe this is in reference to this thread...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...139&forumid=26]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.