Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What have you done to your RC today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 01:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow the Jammin x1 crt still rips ran it for 15ish minutes till the motor somehow backed away from the center diff. I will have to loosen the motor up, and move closer a little later as I couldn't move it at all with my hand. Honestly I thought it stripped the pinion, or spur which are both hardened steel, but nope there is no damage to the teeth at all..
Now with the lower kv motor(200kv lower) I put in it the front tires still turn into pizza cutters, but it now doesn't flip when going full speed.
The only issue with the pizza cutter tires the bumps that act as a jump for the 1/10th vehicles they just drive over it, and the rear tires which don't balloon up slams into launching it up causing it to flip over backwards

But yea it royally ripped through grass that was just as tall as it (the lot next door is empty, and the owner hasn't mowed it in a few months) was with 0 issues doing grass rooster tails behind it(my houses lawn was mulched the other day).
I was a little concerned as it was launching pebbles flying fast as hell all over the place. One hit the fence a few feet from me, and ricochet hitting me I was just wishing I had protective eyewear as I was kind of worried about getting one shot right into my eyes.
Old 09-03-2024, 02:22 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

started converting the pede 4x4 back into a slash 4x4. Gotta figure out what I did to the rear bumper assembly(or buy a ner one), and make a new radio box mount for the radio box I have from the pede as I got no idea what happened to the stock one from the slash(and yes it would fit if the servo was flipped around which won't work). But outside the rear bumper once I make a mounting plate for the other radio box, and tape the esc down it can be ran as the rest is together..

Reason I'm doing this is the pede 4x4 was set up more as a truggy with a center diff, but did everything a truggy can do worse then a truggy, and I have my jammin x1 crt which smokes it for speed, handling, and ground clearance.
Taking the jammin out yesterday I had way more fun then I did with the pede when I had it out as I was also worrying about it overheating.
I also have the e-mt project once it is finished that fits the 1/10th scale truck itch. I'll probably be using the tires off the pede on it so there is that which solves what tires I'll put on it(I think they will fit will have to check) as the mashers I had are in very bad shape

Edit:
Made the plate to mount the radio box, and ESC. Fits great here is a pic of it installed

I only made had minor problem which I was easily able to just cut down other then that all mounting holes, and points fit perfect. I wish the power switch wire was a bit longer so I could have put the switch in the center by the TRX logo near the front end, but it was just a little too short so I taped it to the servo. Now all I need to do is find the back bumper. I know I saw it a while back I just don't remember where >.>

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 09-03-2024 at 07:51 PM.