Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Legend Buyers Beware

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Legend Buyers Beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Thanks for your kind words. Great minds think alike.

Ravi, does it count the air time on top of your Lambo or Honda? I know the reason that you drive a fast car is to use it as a wind tunnel tester making sure your jet's stabs can sustain 200+ mph flights without failure. Right, low rider?

Mike
You got it! LOL!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:59 AM
M3Baker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=mikedenilin;11778843]Isn't this what we preach around the world? Free market, freedom, and American values. Isn't it what we use to defeat the communism in the first place? Now we are blaming them for our success? It's not about corporate greed. It's all about competition around the world. I run multinational companies with employees around the world. We had Indian engineers doing our cloud computing service, Chinese labor manufacturing our goods, American engineers, management, marketing team and finance know-how running the operation at the top level. It's the comparative advantage at work, learned in college Econ 101. We are too often pointing fingers at others for our own fault. If we can't compete, then it's not our fault. How stupid is that? Thanks to the Chinese labor, we now can afford great jets at the best values. I think everyone of us who can come up with a few thousand dollars for a model jet is a smart shopper who constantly looks for best jets that his money can buy. We make mistakes sometimes by choosing the wrong jets from the wrong companies, but to stereotype each Chinese company being a producer of crappy product is wrong.

Not to go off topic here. Jet Legend has improved their product quality quite a lot over the past 5 years. Take their Viper 1.9M jet as an example. For roughly $2500 shipped (to USA), you get a painted ARF jet with digital air valves for retracts and brake, complete landing gear system, fuel tanks, fuel lines, servo extension pre wired, all installed. Is it a deal? Not really unless they had proven that jet is safe and performs well. Yes, they did. No bad news is good news. Have you heard about the complains, after over at least 500 of them were sold worldwide? Anyone broke up in the air? Have not heard about it? How many American made kits are sold worldwide? 100? or less? Statistically we will heard more complains about Chinese products out there because there are more out there flying. Take a guess, 80% or more.

I am not a scratch builder. Thanks to these ARF jets, I become a RC Jet pilot. Do you need to be an aircraft builder to fly a full scale? With these ARFs out there, pilots like me don't have to wait years and beg endlessly to get one built by some scratch builders who stay in their man caves and not knowing that one day he would be kicked out of his cave by more advanced homo sapiens who evolve faster through hard work, better educations, and being a better shopper instead of being a complainer. Thank God, American is not going down, because we have a lot of advanced technology, educations, military might, software supremacy, and agricultural resources that many other country's people can only dream of. If you can't make it in this great country, then it's you to blame, nobody elseI just
Mike[/QUOTE

I just added the 1.9m viper to the fleet last weekend. For the price/value it cannot be beat. What a great flying jet. Thanks Mike!

Paul
Old 04-11-2014, 06:04 AM
ceffi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Isn't this what we preach around the world? Free market, freedom, and American values. Isn't it what we use to defeat the communism in the first place? Now we are blaming them for our success? It's not about corporate greed. It's all about competition around the world. I run multinational companies with employees around the world. We had Indian engineers doing our cloud computing service, Chinese labor manufacturing our goods, American engineers, management, marketing team and finance know-how running the operation at the top level. It's the comparative advantage at work, learned in college Econ 101. We are too often pointing fingers at others for our own fault. If we can't compete, then it's not our fault. How stupid is that? Thanks to the Chinese labor, we now can afford great jets at the best values. I think everyone of us who can come up with a few thousand dollars for a model jet is a smart shopper who constantly looks for best jets that his money can buy. We make mistakes sometimes by choosing the wrong jets from the wrong companies, but to stereotype each Chinese company being a producer of crappy product is wrong.

Not to go off topic here. Jet Legend has improved their product quality quite a lot over the past 5 years. Take their Viper 1.9M jet as an example. For roughly $2500 shipped (to USA), you get a painted ARF jet with digital air valves for retracts and brake, complete landing gear system, fuel tanks, fuel lines, servo extension pre wired, all installed. Is it a deal? Not really unless they had proven that jet is safe and performs well. Yes, they did. No bad news is good news. Have you heard about the complains, after over at least 500 of them were sold worldwide? Anyone broke up in the air? Have not heard about it? How many American made kits are sold worldwide? 100? or less? Statistically we will heard more complains about Chinese products out there because there are more out there flying. Take a guess, 80% or more.

I am not a scratch builder. Thanks to these ARF jets, I become a RC Jet pilot. Do you need to be an aircraft builder to fly a full scale? With these ARFs out there, pilots like me don't have to wait years and beg endlessly to get one built by some scratch builders who stay in their man caves and not knowing that one day he would be kicked out of his cave by more advanced homo sapiens who evolve faster through hard work, better educations, and being a better shopper instead of being a complainer. Thank God, American is not going down, because we have a lot of advanced technology, educations, military might, software supremacy, and agricultural resources that many other country's people can only dream of. If you can't make it in this great country, then it's you to blame, nobody else.

Mike
Hello Mike,

no more words needed.

Christian