Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:56 AM
slotdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Flyguy 90, my Belt CP v2 wobbles on spool up also, everything is balanced and tracking is good, thought it was a gyro problem
Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 PM
FLYGUY09

This was a good weekend even though I STILL haven't flow the heli yet...the weather just hasn't cooperated [&o]

On Friday afternoon I got my new Triton 2 charger & Equinox balancer setup and it's impressive. I found myself reading the volts, mAh, input V, output V and temperature for a bit....kinda like watching water boil but good to get see the data in real time at least once and to confirm battery capacity. The system will keep my lipo cells within 0.005V of each other. I liked using the temperature probe and I saw that charging at different amps had an effect on temp. I also cycled my Futaba's TX 9.6V NiCad a few times, which will increase battery life.

Also, I spent some time watching finless bob's videos on blade balancing & CCPM setup. I HIGHLY recommend everyone with the belt cp v2 to watch as many of those videos as you can over on [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692]Finless Bob's Tech Room at Heli-Freak[/link] I spend some time today checking my stock blades and they're in bad shape.....the center of gravity was WAY off. Had to put a ton of tape on one blade end to get similar COGs. Then I had to add a bunch 'o tape to get the other blade to match weights. I'm going to see if Xheli sends me new blades...I'm not holding my breath, and I fully expect that these will end up as backups and I'll have to get new ones.

Blade pitch is off on both blades. +2 and +3 at center stick in idle up mode, so that needs adjustment. I also noted that the my blade pitch gear hits the inside top of the plastic cap at the very top of rotor head when I apply about 85 to 90% positive pitch. I've also noted that the elevator servo is not centered at 90-degrees with all trims set at zero. I also got my Hi-Tech HSG 5084 Tail Servo in but will have to get to that later this week or next weekend. I think it's time I dive into the head & servo setup...I kinda knew this was coming.

At least I have Clearview to mess around on...

OK so when if I end up ordering new blades I don't know what size to get. Are you supposed to measure your blades tip to tip? If so then the stock blades are 315 mm long by 32mm wide by 4 mm thick Does anyone have a recommendation for good wood blades?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM
t dawgv12

Hello everyone,
I posted these questions just last night in the Belt-CP thread which I had been browsing for a while and as such I had not seen that a Belt-CP V2 thread had been started. I've received a couple good answers so far but I thought it would be a good idea to post them here as well.

I have a Belt-CP V2 2.4ghz arriving via UPS on Thursday 3/5/09, it is my first 3D heli and other than some coax stuff I'm a n00b. I'm not planning to get to crazy too fast and with limited funds (limited by my wife that is) I already know I'm in the wrong hobby.

1. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences ordering the multi-pair rotor blade deals (wood or cf) off of eBay? They are obviously really good price/qty and after hours of looking at hundreds and hundreds of feedbacks for any of the Hong Kong based vendors that are selling them I can't find a single negative feedback for these rotor blade deals, only good feedback.

2. What type of blades should I use for practicing, wood or cf? I would guess wood since I imagine it breaks apart more easily than the cf blades would and therefore be less damaging to head parts and such, but thats just a guess.

3. Can I use a 2800mAh lipo(11.1v of course) in this heli? Since I don't have it yet I can't measure the battery space. The battery that comes with it is an 1800mAh and its dimensions in mm are 100*34*25 with a weight of 60g +/-, the 2800 is 115*33.5*26.3 and it weighs 208g +/-. A small bit larger and a good bit heavier of course but I'm looking for the longest flight time I can get and am willing to sacrifice some agility due to the weight increase and frankly I don't really know if that amount of a weight increase will really even matter much. Anyone have any better battery Ideas?

4. How important is it for me to get a blade balancer and balance blades for general flight? Are there any cheap ways (as in not buying a balancer right off) I can check the balance if it is important? What do you do to actually balance blades that are out of balance?

5. How important is it that I get a pitch gauge and what exactly do I do with it in relation to general flying?

6. I want to be able to use my trx with FMS on my pc. The trx that comes with the heli is obviously 6ch and it has a sim port. The only cable that I can find that esky makes says it supports 4ch trx's, it is calles Softdog and it is part no. EK2-0900A. Can anyone confirm that that Softdog cable is in fact what I need and or my only option? Can I only use 4ch with it in a sim?

I'm sure I forgot to ask about something or other so any other thoughts, ideas and advice are welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks for your time everyone,
-Tyler
Old 03-04-2009, 06:43 AM
FLYGUY09

Hey Tyler - welcome to the v2 thread!

1. THose are some good deals. The stock v2's blades are 315 mm....so get that size. Going larger will only slow your head speed.

2. I am getting wood blades myself. Later I will switch to CF or FRP.

3. The extra 140 g is way too much IMO and will hurt the balanace. The batttery is forward placed on the heli so adding too much weight away from the heli's cog is a bad idea I think. I think you're better off sticking with up to 80 g of battery and getting a good charger & separate balance to get the most out of whatever batter you use.

4. I think blade balancers are important. My stock esky blades were crap. Center of gravity were way off and I am not going to use them but only as a backup set. I ordered an Align blade balancer for [link=http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=335821]$5 from Heliproz.[/link] THere are blade balancers that also help find the center of gravity for each blade out there (2 separate steps) for $20 clams at Tower Hobbies. ALso go to Heli-Freak and watch Finless Bob's video on blade balancing.....I also recommend watching both CCPM videos too for your overall head setup.

5. When I got my V2 both blades were out of pitch. when they should have been 0 degrees mine were measured (with a blade pitch tool) at +2 and +3 degrees. So I highly recommend a blade pitch tool.

6. I have a EK2-0905A that I spent [link=http://www.helihobby.com/gb/e/ek2-0905a-2_e-sky_usb_flight_simulator_system.html]$19 bucks for at helihobby.[/link] and is worth every penny. It powers up the TX through the supplied USB cable so no wasted batteries and no additional wear on my Futaba TX I am using.

I hope my answers helped! Good luck and keep posting to this thread so we can all learn from each other's experiences!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 AM
jrproffi

I just got in some blades off of ebay. They shipped from Hong Kong from a vendor that has electron something in its username. I haven't used them yet as I am still looking for a flybar case and feathering shafts. They look to be good quality, and have the tracking stickers already applied.

I ordered a pitch tool from deal extreme.

Has anybody had luck getting parts for these new V2's?????

Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 AM
t dawgv12

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did a couple hours of web reading and research about blade balancing and cg lacotion. I was interested in homemade balancers and found that a 3mm bolt, a couple of 3mm nuts and 2 glasses or cans on a table worked the same way that $5 align balancer does [link]http://www.rchelicoptertown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362[/link] pics missing at the begining are shown on next page. Another guys uses a standard 3-sided ruler for locating the cg for his blades These look like good cheap ways of doing these tasks.

Also, I have a gram scale at work so if I weighed each blade seperately and added tape till they weighed the same, they should in theory be balanced correct?

I picked up a pitch gauge with a bubble level off eBay for cheap too but it'll be a week or so before I see it since it is also coming from HK.

FLYGUY I won't have my heli till tomorrow but I thought I read somewhere that you take the batteries out of the trx adjust some dip switches and plug in the USB interface cable and it powers the trx just like the one you bought seperately since you have the trx maybe you can check that out? I'm not too worried about using the trx too much for sim use as I'm sure I will upgrade to a better trx at some point, just not soon.

I am still up in the air about what size mAh battery to get. The stock esky EK1-0186 1800mAh battery says its 47g +/- (single electric core) and the esky EK1-0187 2100mAh battery says it only weighs 58.5g +/- (single electric core). When it says single electric core in parentheses does that mean each of the three cells weighs that much? That would make more sense since all the 2200 mAh batteries I have looked at all weigh in the 180g +/- range.
Also any batteries I get will likely pull double duty in my airsoft gun as well, so the higher the mAh I can use the better.

All help appreciated, thanks,
-Tyler
Old 03-08-2009, 07:43 AM
niteliter
My Feedback: (1)

RE-Esky Belt CPV2 PartThanks for the "jaghobbies" address, added it to my "CPV2 Parts" list bookmarks,BUT (there is sometimes a but),the part I NEED,but cant find anyone that has it in STOCK is part number 0404,cross/feather shaft,it measures 2.96mm thick,X 50.04mm long,and threaded at both ends,I purchased the part number EK1-0515,hoping it would work,but its a tad shorter......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89142.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1152878  
Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 AM
FLYGUY09

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - I finally took the V2's head completely apart, made adjustments & put it back together. It spins up real nice now.

Between linkage adjustments & some modifications to the swashplate pitch channel settings, my pitch range is now -9.5 to +9. I couldn't get it dead nuts even but a half a degree is fine with me. 0 degrees pitch at center stick in idle up mode. Now all I have to do is fly it....which I'm gonna do later today so I'll let you all know how it goes .... I"m sure it'll be a post mortum with crash pics.

EDIT- I think I found a feathering shaft niteliter. US hobbies supply shows that the feathering shaft fits both the CP v2 and the KING 3. SOoooo Toy RC has one in stock listed under the King 3's spare parts: [link=http://www.toyrc.com/twf-esky-spare-parts-53/honey-bee-king-3-spare-parts-287/ek1-0404-feathering-shaft-set-4939.html]King 3's feathering shaft[/link] and do not see any differences. niteliter I think you just order that one for your v2 and IT'S IN STOCK!!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 AM
niteliter

THAT is the 0515, I hav that in the CPV2 now,it sorta fits,but itis SHORTER the the OEM,Im afraid to crank up the head speed for fear of sending a blade through my right eye...............SHOW me a store that has the OEM part and I'll giv em a HEFTY order.......
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 AM
FLYGUY09

niteliter I edited my post.....yeah I realized after I posted that it's the same part that doesnt work.

Apparently US Hobbies Supply says the V2 & and the King 3 share the same feathering shaft: [link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_reviews.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_i d=836&osCsid=jhhtkcfvm]US HobbySUpply link[/link]

Toy RC has that in stock: [link=http://www.toyrc.com/twf-esky-spare-parts-53/honey-bee-king-3-spare-parts-287/ek1-0404-feathering-shaft-set-4939.html]EK1-0404 in stock[/link]
Old 03-08-2009, 09:25 AM
niteliter

Thanks I just order that and spare parts.........
DAMMN! Im glad Im single,if I had a wife (already had 2 of those) and see saw how much I spend on my toys??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 03-08-2009, 11:01 AM
FLYGUY09

1st flight was crash free! Started up real smooth and really jumped into the air....I loved it. I only hovered for a bit and landed.

2nd flight wasn't as crash free [] LOL. Oh well...not bad though. I only need new blades. I went to a track and was flying near the hard surface and landed on it at an angle....blade tips are frayed and no spare set so done for the day. The pitch linkage near top (1 of them) is bent about 5 degrees...already bent it back in place. Blade pitch is still good.

Next time I will fly with the training gear, which would have kept me in the air if I was using 'em.

I noticed a pretty good tail wag in HH mode, so that's a gyro gain issue easy to fix.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 AM
FLYGUY09

GOOD NEWS BELT CP V2 OWNERS! Most of the V2 head components are in fact shared on the Honey Bee King 3.

EK1-0401 through 0413, 0429 through 0432, 0500 are direct replacement parts with the Honey Bee King 3!!

This is awesome as that just increases parts supply options. TOY RC & Jags Hobbies have most of these in stock!!

Remember don't just look for Belt CP v2 components when ordering parts for the head....also check the store's HBK3 parts!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:47 AM
niteliter

THANKS-that will come very much in handy......................
THAT should make you a Esky Belt CPv2 HERO!!!

Name:	Us54168.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1152977  
Old 03-08-2009, 12:01 PM
FLYGUY09

Glad to help! I was looking over the parts in the back of the manual and googling them when it hit me.....[sm=idea.gif]....the V2 and K3 have pretty much the same head!!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
niteliter

I cant fly my 400 til I get the DX6I back from the recall inspection,and,I already made arrangements to drop it all off at the LHS andlet someone that KNOWS what they are doing set it alllll up right,I know I dont know as much as I would like to,and I admit it,and I just put in an $80.00 order for spare parts for the CPV2,which INCLUDES 4 bags of 0404 feathering shafts,which I need right now along with the main gear,good lord,I seem to be doing alot of rebuilding,did the main gears,shaft,blade connector and shaft lock on the Walkera HM53Q,main gear,THREE (3) feathering shafts,blade holder upgrade,about 6 sets of blades,INCLUDING a carbon set,about 5 tail rotors on the CPV3,I may NOT be doing a lot of flying,but I am learning how to fix this stuff,its fun I think..............the HARDEST to find all the parts for is the CPV2..........there should be a Walmart for RC,one that carries EVERY brand,make and model,so instead of placeing 5 orders at 5 stores,it will be just 1 order at 1 store,oh well................I suuure hope I didnt make a mistake by placing an oder at RC Toys,I am still waiting after 4 weeks for an order from a place in Hong Kong,I like Tower Hobbies,and Nitro Planes,they ship FAST and the prices are great.......I bought a Heli Stand from Heli-Safe Products,hopingthat ill help cut down on the crashes...............
http://www.helisafeproducts.com/services
Old 03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
FLYGUY09

Damn I'm already in withdrawal...can't wait to fly the v2 again. I just ordered 11 sets of blades (not gonna be without a backup set again), 2 feathering shaft sets and some parts for my V4 lama which was grounded due to a dead 4-in-1.

I still have my EDF jet to fly....but it's been too windy. [&o] Oh well.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
FLYGUY09

By the way for anyone training on clearview, the Helimax 450 is pretty darn close to flying the real belt cp v2. I went out in 4 mph winds this AM and to replicate the same feel in clearview I had to bump the winds up to 3 m/s (like 10 mph), which is still flyable just you have to be careful.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 PM
FLYGUY09

Got the blades in today! Test hovered for a bit. Got the Gyro adjusted...but unfortunately I brain farted and added the opposite cyclic I should have and titled the heli pretty sharply....tried to recover but ended up over correcting a few times over and splat....right in the middle of the road in front of my house. []

Surveyed damage: Feathering shaft, flybar, completely shattered set of perfectly balanced blades, badly scuffed up paddles, and 1 tail rotor clamp. Good ol JAG hobbies had them all in stock except the flybar (I checked US Hobbies 1st but no green paddles....sorry michael) but I ended up salvaging the flybar anyway...nothing a good vice grip can't fix. Oh well...back to the lama v4 for another week. LOL
Old 03-15-2009, 05:33 PM
gagt2nv

Hey guys - took the V2 out for the second time today and lasted about five minutes. Over corrected in a hover attempt and had a blade strike. Bent the fly bar and broke the horizontal fin and holder off the tail boom. I can find everything i need except the horizontal holder. Everywhere is out of stock. Does anyone know of anything that can help me? THanks, Mike
Old 03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
niteliter

Type the following into your SEARCH engineMY method anyway)
Esky Belt CPV2 Parts.

Then open each link in a NEW browser,and go thru them to locate what you need,when I find a page that has the common parts,I BOOKMARK it to my CPV2 Parts Folder,that way you can find that page faster when you WILL need it again later.........TIP:STOCK UP Feathering Shafts...................
Old 03-15-2009, 06:56 PM
niteliter

Parts Shops,just to list a few.........

http://www.esky-heli.com/twf-esky-sp...-c-53_285.html

http://www.rc-fever.com/twf-esky-hel...40_53_285.html

https://www.ushobbysupply.com/index....9a30422e2a9b47

http://jaghobbies.com/rc_planes/belt...#Spare%20Parts

http://www.helipal.com/index.php?cPa...sort=5a&page=2

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ort=20a&page=2

https://www.toysonics.com/esky-belt-cp-v2/index2.html

BE CERTAIN YOU >DOUBLE CHECK PART NUMBERS WITH THE NUMBERS FROM THE BOOK BEEEEFFFFFOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEE you hit the SUBMIT order tabs..........
THIS list is from my CPV2Parts Folder.............hope it helps...........(try to get what you need from USA stores,you get it faster.)
Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 AM
FLYGUY09

Also read through this thread for tips on removing feathering shafts and which tools to use!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
t dawgv12

Hey everyone,
Sorry to hear about the crashes flyguy and gagt2nv.
For anyone is interested here is an update on my learning. So far I have flown my v2 5 times for about 10 minutes each time give or take time for landing and taking off again. I have not balanced the blades and my pitch gauge hasn't arrived form HK yet so I haven't checked pitch but the heli seems to fly quite nicely RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. The manual said that the blade tracking and gyro were set at the factory but to check them before flight anyhow. I did the checks and the blades were both dead even at 0 and the gyro works perfectly. I followed a self-modified version of RADD'S school basically combining batteries 1-9 into batteries 1-3 I could not remain any more patient than that. My five flights are not part of the schooling. A few hard landings on the training gear and a two light tail rotor strikes against a wooden edging where I fly it indoors after work. Thankfully no crashes and damaged parts yet! I am pretty much scared out of my mind every time it leaves the ground but love it at the same time. I have a lot of trouble controlling the heli if I am looking at it from any angle other than straight on from the rear and the same thing goes if it gets anywhere higher than my eye level or anywhere beyond about 20 feet away! I'm sure the more flights I get in the more I will gain control so no worries here. I'm completely impressed with my heli so far and can't wait to get my extra batteries in. I ended up ordering two Zippy flight max 2200mAh 20C 3s LiPos from hobbycityonline along with some other assorted, and not necessarily heli related, goodies after some strong recommendations from some other fliers.

Happy flying!
Tyler
Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
niteliter

Well there, you seem to have been lucky enough to get a really good one,or you're just lucky,not wishing you any bad luck,a tip,start stocking up on parts,the hardest part I find is the 0404 feathering/cross shaft,they are really hard to find in stock.I ordered 4 sets from a company in China,they said they had them,this was four weeks ago,I just got an email last night saying they are sending out one set this week...............................

Name:	Da83578.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1160716  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.