Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Home remedies/easy fixes

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Home remedies/easy fixes

Extra screws, nuts, and O-rings. All these can be found at you local auto and hardware stores for a fraction of what the hobbyshop or ebay can sell them to you for.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Bash-m-up

Broken Tie Rods. I keep extra piano wire on hand for this quick fix. Nothing stops you colder than these, so when you have no spare, take the piano wire ( the type used for most pipe hangers) bend it so that it can be hooked into the ends for the steering or make loops on each end and reattach with the screws for the rear.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Bash-m-up

I will post more as I think of them, I hope some of these help out somebody. Someone needs to make a post like this on paint tips for those of us who use rattle cans. I got some of them too that will get real good results that will make many think you got an airbrush set up. Just a thought though, too this post deserves to be sticky.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:01 AM
osuwins

those r great fixs bash-m-up [sm=thumbs_up.gif], got pictures
Old 10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Bash-m-up

I will do my best to post some pics with the correct post asap to further help. I know the fuel tubing tip, body post, re-pinch and broken tie rod tips could use them so i will post them up tonight. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
jbb

Another fix for airfilter oil just get baby oil,mineral oil.(alot cheeper
also calvino try makin longer stinger might help for noise not sure

and the 3in 1 oil seems like it would work i all ways used it in my lawnmower fixes works miracles on carbs,like when the floats are stuck
Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Bash-m-up

The problem with mineral oil is while yes it is oil, it lacks the tackiness of the airfilter oil. It will stop some dirt but the airfilter oil would be best in high dust situations.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 PM
jbb

oh lol P
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

I got one.

If you running the truck and by chance you brake the wheel hex pin, if you have a small piece of coat hanger wire, cut it to the size of the pin, and it drops right in, good as new.

or

coat hanger wire works good as a pipe holder.

and one more.

if you brake your pull start cord, regular blinds cord is a direct replacement, and it stronger then the stock cord.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: saxy174

Same as for MIP CVD's I lost my main pin. I used a hardend Drill bit of the same size, cut it to length and put back together in with shrink tube over top. Saved my Butt and kept BASHIN.
I had the same problem with my MIP CVDs but i took all the pins out, took some regular nails of the same size, cut them to lenght and made a flat spot on them. The flat spot allows more surface contact with the grub screw and if it starts to slip it will be limited by the flat spot. 0 problems with em since. I know some will say they are junk and not worth it but i found them on ebay for 5$ a set so 15$ plus shipping for the whole truck, got an extra set just in case [8D].
Old 10-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Bash-m-up

Help cut down your heat while adding style to you ride with these. Form and Function meet style. [link=http://www.oocrcracing.com/]CLICK HERE[/link]
Old 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

I have seen a lot of guys with the antennae sticking out the top of their savage, and I know you're asking for trouble if you don't move it. I used some of the excess flash flat plastic from a new body and cut a nice rectangular piece out bent it at one end for a double sided tape mounting surface and drilled holes in pairs all the way up it. just criss cross your antennae through it and mount it standing up into the cab area or whatever works for you. I did this to my TC3 and it looks super slick without the goofy antennae sicking out the top.

I'll try to post some pics.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:45 PM
donoisten

A good cheap way of lowering your cg. Take your shocks apart, and pull the piston out and add a piece of feul tube on the piston shaft. ( the size of tubeing depends on how low you want it. I put a 1/2 inch. peace in mine.) This will be a stop on the piston. so your shock will not fully extend. and it also at the same time, stiffens up your springs, (preload). And useing feul tubbing wont hurt the plastic piston plunger. It does shorten the stroke, So maybe not good for big air jumps, but improves handling alot.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: brett65

I have seen a lot of guys with the antennae sticking out the top of their savage, and I know you're asking for trouble if you don't move it. I used some of the excess flash flat plastic from a new body and cut a nice rectangular piece out bent it at one end for a double sided tape mounting surface and drilled holes in pairs all the way up it. just criss cross your antennae through it and mount it standing up into the cab area or whatever works for you. I did this to my TC3 and it looks super slick without the goofy antennae sicking out the top.

I'll try to post some pics.
or, you can use a piece of scrap foam, cardboard, things like that, he means this, http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T also, it can help when you are jumping near the ground, as well as, protect the antenna in the case of a BAD rollover and subscuquent SLIDE against the ground, I say, I SAY THIS DERSIVES TO BE A STICKY
Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Hordsak

Here is a home remedy that some might find usefull, and I'm sorry if it's been posted before as I haven't read the whole thread. My one way bearing was slipping like mad, making it almost impossible to start my K4.6. An easy way to get it going again is 1. Don't use a nitro fuel with high oil content, and 2. If it's slipping, put about 12 drops of after run oil down the plug hole, and pull the pull starter about 10-20 times. Keep adding afterun oil, and pulling the starter untill you notice the bearing start to grab. I tilted my truck to the rear (like if it were to do a wheelie) and dropped the oil in the plug, pulled the started while using a clean rag over the plug hole. For now, my bearing is like new.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Steve108
My Feedback: (36)

Not my idea, but if you strip a hole in aluminum, like for the backplate of an engine, take a small staple, the kind for paper and put it in there parallel to the bolt, it will help it hold whats left of the threads better. I did this on my plane and have had no problems after 11 hours of flying.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
hmott3

If your body is bashed to pieces, litterally. You can get two part "plastic weld" and fix it. I put duct tape on the outside of the body to hold it in place and then used the plastic weld on the inside to turn my two piece body back into a one piece body. Just let it dry and remove the duct tape. I also reciently tried adding duct tape to the most common tear areas inside the body hoping it may help keep it from ripping so easily. I don't know how it will do yet. Its holding together well and only cost a couple bucks to fix it. It of course doesn't look as good as new but flipping through the air no one notices anyway, and it really doesn't look to bad. I haven't had it "fixed" long but it seems to be holding up well so far.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
!jAsOfRaW!

Anyone got pics of the air filter clamp? Just need to know what it looks like so when i buy it i dont buy like some stupid other thing.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

I would just go to the local auto parts store and get a small hose clamp, they may not look the coolest, but they are easy to put on and take off and won't come loose by themselves. They are chrome lookin' though.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:31 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: !jAsOfRaW!

Anyone got pics of the air filter clamp? Just need to know what it looks like so when i buy it i dont buy like some stupid other thing.
For some reason my pics got removed from this thread as well.

Pics for the stripped screw hole fix:

Air filter hose clamp:

Steering knuckles:

Old 01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
!jAsOfRaW!

ok thanks. ill go buy some on the weekend.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM
mazdab2600

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

broken screws in the bumper supports.
cut the tip and remove the broken screw.
put the piece cut off back on and a new screw.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:35 PM
-SomeGuy-

Yup I've done that one before, works perfectly.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Knightfall

Great thread, guys!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

i can make my own threads so i dont have to do this for most stripped stuff. and i like the air filter idea too. this thread is helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.