Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

This really scared me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
camaro71633

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This really scared me!

ORIGINAL: krazor

that looks sweet

we need more imaginative people in the world like you instead of flaming it you got one and are having a laugh with it

Is there no way of ripping out the motor and sticking in something with a bit more kick would me most impressed watching that thing out run someone at the track

Yes it looks like you can replace the motor with a hobby grade one but i don't think the drive shafts would last long. If I had any laying around I would have replace it already because it gets very hot. Good thing it has some sort of heatsink on it. Id get another motor but I have no idea what size it is. Anyone have any better ideas on how to mount the battery? It keeps falling off when it wheelies or I crash into stuff lol.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 PM
GT-R
My Feedback: (5)

we want VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
carmatic1

yeah thats the way! a battery pack the size of the whole car... me like

ive got my own toy grade vehicle (not a car) that ive been putting hobby grade stuff into , like the battery, rx, esc, and all that... what happened in mine was the plastic gearbox warped from all the heat before any of the actual drivetrain components showed any signs of wear, so maybe you should look out for that too

ive never quite figured out how to replace the steering in one of those things tho, big respects for anyone who managed to get a servo to work in there

::edit:: lol @ the ae-style tyres ....

what have you done to the chassis before you put the new electronics in? if youve cut stuff off etc can you take another pic of the car with everything off again.... must be pretty precarious, the battery is sitting on the driveshaft or something?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:41 PM
camaro71633

I will get a video once I figure out how to take one. The only mods i had to do to the chassis was cut off one mounting post because the servo hit it here are pics showing how i mounted the servo and of the motor/gearbox. The servo is only mounted with one screw but it stays in place pretty good. Im hoping to find a smaller battery pack for it so i can actually mount the body on it

Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 PM
chevy_jlewis

why in every form a savage owner says they will run over it or beat it down... you guys are annoying and my revo will run over you
Old 01-03-2007, 11:49 PM
krazor

why in every form a savage owner says they will run over it or beat it down... you guys are annoying and my revo will run over you

because they feel threatened by smaller cars Think david vs golliath