Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Classified question...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Classified question...Help!

bhildebr,

I have been following your dilema with great intrest and had an opportunity to speak with our postal station manager who put a quick call into the the postal inspector's office. With just a brief description of the situation he indicated that this is certianly a clear case of fraud and is absolutely actionable. There is no fee or cost to you associated with filing a criminal complaint and I would strongly urge you to do so. First at your local Post Office, Then with your local field office of the FBI.
I have also spoken with some former associates from my years as a special agent with the FBI. The special agent I was refered to in the Tampa Bay field office indicated that Lakeland was indeed handled from the Tampa office and concured that if you decline the trade and the respondant does not promptly return your property in the condition received and the FACTS are consistant with what you have posted here then there could be severe criminal penalties for, not the minor child, but rather the legal guardians of said same minor. There would also be lesser criminal penalties for the minor as well.

If there is any significant material misrepresentation of facts here, then it would be best to cease posting and have a moderator expunge this thread as this could possibly open you up to civil action.

PM me if you'd like and I'll give you my contact info.

So far there has been nothing to worry about on the part of any other respondents in the thread as all info posted is public information and there have been no specific criminal threats. Your aces have been; the other party's failure to comply with the "reasonably assumed method of trade" on the board and/or specific trade details agreed upon by both parties with apparent intent to defraud; evidenced by> Intent to deceive/defraud by fictitious evidence, ie. fictitious tracking info.

Mr McElroy,
I would caution you to step carefully here as you may be in critical danger of Federal prosecution if these complaints are true.
Ignorance of a minor/unemancipated child's activity while in your care is not a defense in 68 out of 73 US Federal Districts-there are a few territories where it is, but not in any of the 50 states.
If there is significant material misrepresentation of fact here, to your disadvantage, then you may have a small and probably uncollectable civil suit available to you. Uncollectable in that it would more than likely cost you more to pursue than damages awarded would ameliorate. If that is the case then you may have better recourse with the moderators here for some satisfaction in punitive board action, ie suspension.

This has been interesting...wonder how it will play out? Sad thing is that whichever party is right, the same thing happens every hour of every day somewhere.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what ever happened with this?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:22 PM
bhildebr
My Feedback: (6)

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Filed a report with the FBI, Local Police, and UPS.  None of them have any prior complaints regarding the individual, so unfortunately the likelihood of any of them perusing the matter is slight at best.  But, now his name is in all their systems, so if his name comes up again the likelihood of them perusing it becomes much greater.
As hard as I tried, I was unable to get a way to contact an adult at the household.  Short of hiring a PI there just isn't a way to get an unlisted phone number.

My truck, well…..it’s gone……what isn’t gone is my anger over the whole situation.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Live and Learn

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">I wish I could figure out how to post pics in this forum, I wouldn't mind posting a few.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Thanks for asking Mazda…..I appreciate all the help many of you provided.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><city><place><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Bryan</span></place></city><span style="FONT-FAMILY: "Book Antiqua"; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">

</p></span></p>
Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 AM
lez1troubles

Sorry to hear you still havent got your buggy back.[]
Old 03-16-2010, 08:43 AM
MTboy

Is there not one member that would go on your behalf to his house in FL???
Sorry to hear all this and hope that something good comes to you soon..
Old 03-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Mufasa_719

B. Sorry to hear about you misfortion. I have over the years grown farther not to trust anyone on here. While there are indeed worthwile people on here looking to do an honest trade its hard to really say if your dealing with them or not. Example: did a trade deal my t-maxx for a nitro TC3. Nothing fancy on eather side. The TC3 listed as Adult owned well taken care of and clean. What I got was very dirty cracked chassis, broken pullstart cracked crank case and the list just keeps going. Some of you may know him, it was Nascar08. Oh and even better I got a Pm about the car from another member who already made a trade deal on it and was waiting for it. When I did trade deals I always ran and tested weather or not it works and full tear apart to clean best I could to make sure the new owner is happy with the trade. I always stated if there is a problem dont run to the feed back or to the boards call me first, and I will do what ever I can to keep a good deal going. Well to this day never had a call back about somthing being wrong.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
bhildebr

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt">Amen Mufasa,
Now excuse me just one moment while I get just a little off topic.....don't worry it will be brief

When I was young and in the boy scouts our troop leader always instilled into our minds "Always leave the camp site cleaner than the way you found it".
ok now back on topic....

I always try and make a trade with someone with the hopes that they will be much happier with what I'm sending them than they are sending me....let me clarify......not because they are sending me a piece of crap, but because it is just a little more of what they wanted than what they already have. I clean it, put all the parts in little marked bags, I pack it well,etc
Now if we (not necessarily just you and I Mufasa, but everyone who feels the same as we do) could just figure out a way to insure we are always trading with an individual that feels the same way we do.
A rating system is good, but in a small trading environment such as RCU, where most people may only have a couple of trades, it is very easy to dummy up a good rating.</span></div>
Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call his local police department and explain your story in detail.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:56 AM
bhildebr

Call his local police department and explain your story in detail.
Already did....twice.
Once when it first happened, and then again when I was able to get more information.

So I finally figured out how to post these. wow am I a Noob.
These were taken just before I shipped it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17314.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1400026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70675.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1400027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54766.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1400028  
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

That is a nice looking truck, hopefully you get it back or at least get the mini you traded for.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Ok, im pretty sure thats just the kid making another account, never EVER have i seen an adult that talks in text. I wish i could do something to help. I hope it all works out, but stuff like this is very hard to fight. Good luck,

The Cat
Old 03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
topher28

hey im just looking for some help im a first time rc buyier and was wondering what to get. i am considering either the traxxas rustler XL-5 or bandit XL-5. i would like to stay around 200 bucks any sugestions?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:49 PM
bhildebr

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Although this tread isn't really about first time car suggestions, I think the short course trucks are the most versatile, very durable and very very readily available.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">The Slash, RC10, Strike, Blitz, and on and on and on.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">If you really want to get more suggestions than you can shake a stick at, than you should start a new thread.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span>When you are new to the hobby there are plenty of people willing to help out.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Good luck and happy RCing,

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><city><place><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Bryan</span></place></city><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

</p></span></p>

</p>
Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM
topher28

how do you make a new thread
<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ok in the main forum where it says as an example "All Forums >> RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more >> RC Car General Discussions" above all the threads, click on new post right above it. Then enter a title for the thread and enter a 1st post than hit ok
Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
topher28

i dont see the new post button<div>
</div>
Old 03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

look at pic
wow the pictures are acting funky (same with the old uploader
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sq47512.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1401133  
Old 03-19-2010, 04:27 PM
topher28

mine just says post reply where you new post button is
Old 03-19-2010, 05:15 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

in the main forum not in a thread....
Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
topher28

how do you acsess the main forum<div>
</div>
Old 03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm for electric seeing your looking at the electric SC trucks your best bet would be there
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_179/tt.htm general forum (where this is posted)
Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
topher28

k thanks for the help<div>
</div>
Old 03-22-2010, 05:37 AM
lez1troubles

Oh god, looks like another PC nerd, dont worry dude, I'm pc illiterate also. HOW DO YOU POST PICTURES, I always send my pictures of my buggies all the way to South Africa to a friend and he posts them for me.
bhildebr, did you get your problem sorted yet???
Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
bhildebr

bhildebr, did you get your problem sorted yet???
Nope, sure didn't.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:21 AM
lez1troubles

Dang, sorry for you dude, what you going to do???
Do you still have a buggy to drive around or are you out the hobby at the moment???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.