Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

midwest extra 27%

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 12:15 AM
flytime56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default midwest extra 27%

this is what i am thinking of doing with the fuse. replace the sides with balsa, and use carbon fiber sheeting for reinforcment, and to use the plywood doublers on the two sides. the ply firewall and engine box will stay, but all the other bulkheads will be changed for balsa. the ply stringers will be replaced for balsa stringers?

is this any good or will it just make it worse then better?

or is it possible to take out more then 1/4" around. i was thinking or keeping ply on top and bottom and but ply on the sides with the ply doubler. or the other way around, balsa on top and bottom and ply on the sides?

my concern on this airplane is the fuse, this is where all the weight is. the wing is going to be easy to take out weight, and use c/f for even more strength.

any thoughts on this would really help me out to try to make a choice, i don't want to make a bad choice and then find out that maybe i shouldin't have taken all the wood out.

thanks,
GB