Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

kyosho astra nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:42 AM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: kyosho astra nitro car

Sorry, can someone explain the "issues" im kinda confused, but nice cars.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:36 AM
ross_jsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have either subscribed or but these magazines in the shops and each one comes with parts and you build your cars that way. its a great way to get into the hobby or to learn stuff. there are three or for different ones on sale in the uk. when i was in spain they have loads of different one for stuff like dolls houses and boats.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
BA-Apoc

paid ÂŁ15 for a glow starter ÂŁ5 for litre of 16% cheaper when u buy bigger quantities.

i've run mine on the road and on the gras verges up to 2 inces of grass, run well on the grass u need to keep it moving about though cos if u sit at one place too long the exhaust can't escape properly unless u have a tuned pipe,

Recommended parts u wont get wiht the mag

Fuel filter (duramax XL are good) ÂŁ6 regular ones about ÂŁ4
after run oil (essential to extend ure engine life)
fuel filler bottle
a lot of cotton buds for cleaning up the car after running it about
spare glow plug, they're like light bulbs so can go easily get at least 50+ hours run time, but can also blowout easily also

recommended upgrades

Don't go for a GX 15 ure much better off getting somthing like a O.S race tuned 12 has more power then the 15
oil shocks medium weight oil

gonna try and get hold of a 2 speed gearbox if i can and test it out.

i ran it around wiht some of my mates and while it doesn't have top end speed it corners like its on rails, should be a lot faster wiht a 2 speed gearbox attached and an OS 12

p.s. found a replacement bumper for only ÂŁ2.49
Old 05-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Goaferboy

sorry if i sounded like i was slagging it off. i only meant to say that 40mph is optimistic. they are nice cars and for a beginner they are perfect. i wouldnt class myself as a beginner anymore (at least not at driving rcs) but it would still make a fine addition to my collection
Old 05-19-2005, 04:04 PM
richs2000

just wunderin coz i havent ny nitro kits as of now, where abouts in the uk do u live because my nearest model shop is aboout 45min away. im in aylesbury near oxford btw. i think the mag comes with a tuned exhurst if you carry on with the mags.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:46 PM
ross_jsy

this was ment to be my first car but before i finished it i had already had 2 cars(got one today) oh well it seems the wrong way to do it but i have learnt alot doing thta
Old 05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
cossie

if i were u mate i would get rid of the friction shocks from ur astra gp and get some tamiya trf dampers with the flurine coating, there apparently thr best dampers to ever have being made but i aint tryed the new schumacher dampers yet
Old 05-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Goaferboy

richs2000, theyres a model shop in kidlington (which i think is near oxford) called howes models. their advice is pretty poor in my oppinion but if you know what you want theyre ok. and if you are willing to travel further theres one in warwick which is very good. bit arrogant but they know their stuff
Old 05-21-2005, 03:46 AM
richs2000

iv bin to the one in kidlinton befor bout a year ago theyv go diff rooms for planes bouts etc i think. im plannin on goin their today. should get fule and stuff. ill post sum pics of it runin l8r
Old 05-21-2005, 06:41 AM
richs2000

just got back from kidlinton model shop got the stuff cost ÂŁ25.98 with 1 leter of fule, glow starter and fule bottel. they sed they where selling the cars we are bui;lding fo ÂŁ95 four years ago lol. Kysho dont stock spares either.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Goaferboy

personally i wouldnt trust anything the kidlington shop says. i left my hyper 7 with them for a week so they could set it up for me cos i was having problems. the said it would be 40 quid and a weeks waiting. i left it with them on a saturday and i rang them the next friday and they said they hadnt touched it due to being busy. about 3 hours later they rang and said everything was done. bit quick and convenient i thought. i got it back and as far as i could tell nothing had changed except i had 40 quid less and a new glow plug. they also said they would see if the batteries were ok cos i was having problems with my failsafe. they definately didnt touch them either.

i wouldnt listen to any of their advice if i were you but that is just my oppinion. like i said theres one in warwick that is spot on but its quite a way to travel. [link=http://www.maxx-models.co.uk/]maxx models[/link] the site is pretty shoddy but the shop is good.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:56 PM
richs2000

just got my car runin the engins louder than i expected but only 3 wheeels mmove so iv got to take apart the front gear box.
The wait for it to run gos on.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:54 PM
ross_jsy

sounds like one of the orbit gears has slid along the shaft.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:39 AM
BA-Apoc

ORIGINAL: richs2000

just got back from kidlinton model shop got the stuff cost ÂŁ25.98 with 1 leter of fule, glow starter and fule bottel. they sed they where selling the cars we are bui;lding fo ÂŁ95 four years ago lol. Kysho dont stock spares either.
thats guys talking rubbish cos the current model the alpha 3 costs about ÂŁ200 to he's most prob thinking of the alpha one.

You can get spare from any ripmax distributor though thats about to change soon. some french company have bought the distribution rights for kyosho
Old 05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Goaferboy

like i said, kidlington shop talks out its backside a lot of the time. thats just one of many times
Old 05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
ross_jsy

it really helps to have a model shop that knows wat it is talking about.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Goaferboy

thats why i prefer to travel the extra distance from where i live to go to the one in warwick. me and a few mates actually had a decent conversation with the guy that works there and didnt have the boss act like a stressy jerk at the assistants. although i think the boss was out to be fair. or we were talking to the boss.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:37 PM
richs2000

fixed the problem realy pissed me of the wheel nut was to tight for the gerabox lol. so i started it up nd was runnin fine arfter 1 hr of tuneing the engine so it wouild idel. crashed in to a cerb spun it obout 3 times and smashed the fromt shock stay same as some one else on hear. i didnt have the shell on at the time so it may have made a difference if i had. amazing handeling and gd acceleration very smoky though. when it was ideling it was spitting out unbernt fule so put a towl or sum thing underneith. fixed the front shock stay with "super glue" seems to be good i was running it tonight and the glow starter an out. has any one received any of the upgradde parts yet?
]rich
Old 05-23-2005, 03:59 PM
nitro mad

Hello guys I also finished my one and I had a good run on sunday. But I manage to damage my front differenstial and need new parts
Old 05-24-2005, 05:26 AM
aisin

I've had the muffler for the tuned pipe god knows when I'll get the manifold soon I hope cause I wanna see what difference it will make.
Quick question guys what do you have your carbs set to after run in i've got mine at 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 turns
Old 05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
richs2000

have u suscribed to the mag aisin if sso when did it come
Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 PM
richs2000

if ur looking for parts try this link http://www.ripmax.com/Images/PDF_Fil...pha_GP2_LR.pdf it tells you all the part names
Old 05-24-2005, 04:49 PM
BA-Apoc

finally got mine running nicely and the batteries on the servos ran out :/ i think we're just cursed.

also noticed the vibarations from the engine start undoing the muffler crews, if it loosens too much you start loosing pressure and hence power. had to strip the engine out and redo the screws.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:27 AM
richs2000

iv got the same problem part from ythe screw heads startin to go and my fule tanks realy wobely. i got my pats today and the new silencer llooks like an arfter burner on a jet lol. cant wait till the fixins come
Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 AM
cossie

i see you from birmingham my friend im from the west mids also, im in dudley netherton, i was wondering if you would like a race against my xtr3e or cum down 2 my mates cum with a 80meter play ground and do some drag racing 1 of the saturdays and then mabye some track racing outdoor excellent grip, pm me for details if ur interested

ORIGINAL: reptillian punk

ok so brake works good m8 u need it as this car has no reverse mine finally all runin was thrashin it to day so much it blew exhaust gasket right out and full thrash i would say top end 35-40 mph and it grips like mad even smoked tyres cornering full throttle it is pretty good car but it doesnt seem very robust i spent 10 mins thrashing it then i had strip it fix ehaust gasket that took couple hoursi took it out again thrashed another 10 ish mins then it lost drive so i spent next couple hrs stripping it down again to check out clutch i not put it back together yet so i dunno i couldnt see ne thin wrong with it so i confused i try again to morrow so guys i would prepare my self for a frustrating couple of weeks while we try and bed our cars in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.