Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Help picking first nitro rc! Need durable beater, I think.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help picking first nitro rc! Need durable beater, I think.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM
themaxx69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help picking first nitro rc! Need durable beater, I think.

Well, I picked up a used rc10 gt on ebay for $100. Seemed like a great deal. Comes with a whole bunch of stuff. Item number 250530192765. Was looking at a JR XR2i radio. Found some cheap, around $20-30. What do you guys think?

I think I will get a savage X in a little while, but right now I was looking at getting an electric Stampede. I know, electric, but I have been doing more reading and some high MAh NiMH packs aren't that expensive and seem like enough when playing around outside and close to the house and seem better for my son.

Again, thanks for all the input so far and I will be be getting a nitro Savage X soon.

So, what do you guys think about the E-Stampede? From all I've read, seems to be great truck. I don't think I need to go brushless, at least not now. Just not sure about ESCs and motor combos. Don't need wicked speed. No racing. I have quite a few locally and on ebay for around $100. Some with the XL-5 esc. There just seem to be so many motors out there. The stock XL-5 with titan seem ok, but a little more power wouldn't hurt.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:57 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

I would buy the Savage sooner rather than later, and just skip the E-Stampede. The E-Stampede was my first hobby grade R/C, and IMO it is a great choice for someone just getting into R/C, but not much else.

The Savage is extremely versatile, and you will learn a lot from it.

ORIGINAL: themaxx69

Was looking at a JR XR2i radio. Found some cheap, around $20-30. What do you guys think?
For such a low price, you can't go wrong with that radio.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:24 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For durability maybe consider a truggy.
l'd still by a brushless revo but, best truck ever made.
And a REVO will displace its suspension more than ANY truggy lve ever seen in the same scale.......In fact the 1/10th revo will displace its suspension more than 99% of all 1/8th truggies too.
Its a matter of opinion what one handles better over rough terrain, at a truggy race track, the truggy will SMASH the MT, but when bashing l see revos own truggies over and over in the real rough stuff, a truggy just bottoms out almost stops and then relys on its centre diff too get it going real fast agin, MT's roll over it. Sand dunes, revo all the way. Revo with a centre diff, and well, truggy is only a bit stronger now. MT will catch sticks before a truggy. Truggy is easier to balance in jumps. MT is just more fun.

Ld also get LIPO over Nitro nowadays too.
l own both, nitro and electric, l have  truggies and MT's and 1/5th baja, planes and cheap choppers, but the most fun comes from revo week in week out. E-Revo brushless.
Its SO FAST, can jump SO HIGH, and can do it OVER and OVER, l watched 2 infernos, smash on the same jump, one assosiated brushless, and a bandit, all busted while the revo went of it again and again and again, for a MT its incredible.
The only thing that has been able to match it of that jump, is, funny enough, a 1/16th brushless revo.........Cant jump as high though cause its so light.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Chris_RC

piddlefoot, truggies were made to bottom out on jumps so you could use a thinner wt. shock oil to handle the rough section better and have more corner speed/rear bite.