Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

SOLD MY ZDZ60 off of my EXTRA SPECIAL<need IMPORTANT INFO!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

SOLD MY ZDZ60 off of my EXTRA SPECIAL<need IMPORTANT INFO!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:39 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
I do see lots of things that can be removed and/or replaced to get the weight down to an acceptable level. For IMAC basic class you would not want this airplane to be more then 18 lbs. I think you can get there but with a fair amount of work and expense. If you are flying anything past basic class you may want to research different airframes. Go to ebay and search for CF wing tubes. You will find a Chinese vendor called happychoice. I have ordered from them numerous times and have always been pleased with quality and delivery. They sell wing and stab tubes, landing gear, tail gear and spinners. You will invest an additional 200.00 of so on those parts. Running a single 3000 mah battery and an ignition BEC will further reduce weight and then simply remove anything else that is not absolutely nesessary.
Can you tell me about how much weight a carbon fiber wing tube would save? This one is 32mm x 91mm
Also, separately, how much would a carbon fiber landing gear save? This aluminum one does look terribly heavy.

Thanks,
AV8TOR
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, double post.

AV8TOR

Last edited by av8tor1977; 01-06-2014 at 11:03 AM.