New Carden Yak.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Carden Yak.

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Kevin, you got a comp-arf? The Carden Yak is definitely one of the better looking Yaks out there.
I have to say the more pics I see of that YAK, the prettier it gets. It certainly is a lot better looking than the others I have seen, but then again, that is Carden's trademark...

DP
Old 02-15-2005, 03:22 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Hey Chris
I think you got the wrong Rob Klein It was me that flew with you at Rantoul.
I was with Lou Sheffield.
I'm The Good Looking Robert Klein.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 PM
russian
My Feedback: (23)

Can somebody tell when Yak will be available. Want to get one!
Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
DaveMiller

Hello,

I heard June.

Thanks
Dave Miller
Old 02-15-2005, 11:14 PM
romanrc

Hi Mike the video don´t work for me[][]
ORIGINAL: MMcConville

I just got a note from the club hosting the video that they had to pull it from their site because of the bandwidth it took up. I am working with them and RCU to get the video hosted on RCU's video server. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

The 260 video can now be seen here:

http://67.18.81.100/rcuvideos/magazi...e/MikeMCv1.wmv
Old 02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Mike I bet H9 isn't real thrilled to see you flying and endorsing Carden. I use the word "let" lightly but I am surprised they let you do it. Why don't they make a 40% aerobat besides that ultimate so you could fly it in the competitions. As good as your other designs fly I am sure you could design one that would be awesome. And it would be good for you because you wouldnt have to buy it!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
MMcConville

Carden and Hanagr 9 really serve different markets. Of course my loyalty is to my employer Horizon, of which Hangar 9 is a brand, but companies such as Carden help our sales of JR equipment, and vice versa, many of our Hangar 9 models bring more people into GS aerobatics and feed Carden's customer base.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
rjklein
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the invite, and I will have to take you up on the offer. I have just pulled together my 40% edge, so once I get some flights on her I will give you a call.

Rob
Old 02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
romanrc

Thanks Mike

Great of course. I like me how do you fly. I´m finish the Carden Cuda DA 50 do you know something of this plane, looks awesome, I think one month more and I fly it.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
MMcConville

The Cuda is one I dont know much about I flew Dennis' briefly last summer at the DOGS show. Its a fun 3D Artistic Aerobatic type model.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Bryant330L

I can kind of see to where they would be in different markets... but are they really? I got to watch you at the XFC last year, and there were a couple of H9 Ultimates competing and holding their own against the Cardens. I would think when there is direct competition in a big contest such as that you would have to put them in the same category. It would seem to me that H9 did very well with their Ultimates so maybe that should pave the way for a 40% yak, 260 or 330. I think if priced well it would be a big hit.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:42 PM
DaveMiller

Hello,

It should be noted that Its the pilot not all the plane. Mr. McConville is a very good pilot and has been flying many different planes he performs excellencet. I think with any manufacturer he and others would do a great job. Just look at how many top guys like their planes each time they switch to a different company. Talent and a good plane watch out. Ford and Chevy.

Thanks
Dave Miller
Old 02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Ford and Ferrari are more like it.

I have flown both, the H9 planes are excellent for the money, but nothing handles like a Carden.
Same can be said about Ford and Ferrari - I've owned both.

Different classes. Different Markets.
DP
Old 02-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Bryant330L

A Carden is just like any other plane... Just wood and covering. If properly designed there is no reason that H9 or any other brand couldn't fly just as well. Like Dave said, 95% of it boils down to the pilot anyhow.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:02 PM
russian
My Feedback: (23)

It is not like any other plane! It is very expensive kit and the right price for it should be much lover. For instance: Dalton Aviation offers Extra 260 and all carbon fiber parts like wing tube, stab tube, landing gear and tail wheel included for the same price. Some other kits of this size have ****ting already applied. Of course they are have different names - not Carden which is Caroline + Dennis combined no more no less plus some advertising and sponsoring pilots like Mike that's all. I read a lot that these planes unic and fly fantastic but if you build any kit right (of course if you know how) it will fly the same. Sorry guys but it worth $800 max it is my opinion. Look around for this money you can buy very complicated things on the market. The box with balsa and foam can't cost more then $800. Sorry for true opinion.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Bryant330L

Russian, you won't get any argument from me. I agree that you pay way too much for a box of wood and foam. However, since they are always backed up and have a hard time keeping up with demand, I don't blame them one bit for getting what they can out of a kit. I would love to be able to make a good living within this hobby. That is what makes this country great. Lots of people will pay $1000 for a box of wood... I never will, but lots do.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Flyin Woodbutcher
My Feedback: (3)

why do some people want to turn a perfectly nice thread into a ****ing contest!!!!!!?

Kent
Old 02-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Desertrat
My Feedback: (2)

Its a simple fact of life, the longer you live, the more you will believe this:

You get what you pay for.

Be it really good wood, nice plans, an awesome design, or simply someone to answer the phone when you call.

People here want to see pics, hear news about the new Yak. Your opinions of the worth of the kit are noted, lets move on.

Mr McConville: I really appreciate your comments in this thread - and the video is awesome. I have a 260 on the way very soon, I was wondering - any tips or hints or things you would have had done different with yours?

Roger
Old 02-17-2005, 09:17 AM
rjklein

I think that everybody who is offended about the price of the Carden kits needs to look at the brand. I have had many planes most Carden, and they bring the most $$ at time of resale.

The other thing to consider is the depth of knowledge you get when you buy a Carden kit. You are NOT just getting a box of wood, and some Foam, You are getting Cardens 30 years of knowledge and understanding of the hobby. Not to mention the reason the Dennis in not able to keep up with demand, is because he spends countless hours on the phone making sure the kit goes together right, and the set up is right for the client.

Yes the instructions IMO are intended for experienced builders, and this would be a problem if it were not for the fact that Dennis wants you to call if you have questions.

Just my 2cents. Now who is responsible for hijacking this thread and taking it where it does not belong

Rob Klein
Old 02-17-2005, 09:32 AM
MMcConville

Good comments Roger, At this point there isnt anything I would do differently on my 260. Perhaps after the weather gets nice and I can get lots of flights on it I'll find a few things, I always do. But at this point no. It is really good.

A lot of interesting comments here. There are certainly different business models that work well to bring scale aerobatic models to the market. I dont see how Dennis and Caroline can be faulted for their business model. The fact of the matter is they typically run with a backlog of orders. If they cant keep up with orders, what purpose would lowering their price serve, other than to lower their profitability (they are a real business)? They are running at capacity so their sales volume wouldnt go up. There are lots of reasons their models cost what they do (other than my kit ) . IMHO, I see their business somewhat similar to BVM, another very successful business in their segment.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
rjklein

Mike,

So do you think the larger cowling on the yak will slow the down lines more than say the Edge, or 260?

Rob
Old 02-17-2005, 02:12 PM
MMcConville

I dont think it will slow downlines very significantly.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

I think people who complain about the price of a Carden has never built one. Dennis takes the TIME to hand select wood for you, marking which wood should go where . . . ie: this stuff is lighter use in tail and for decks, this stuff is heavy use it for the wing. Dennis takes the TIME to edge true all of the sheeting for you. When you build a kit from another manufacture you spend a lot of time edge truing everything. And as fair as prebuilt stuff... I am willing to spend the time and money to do it myself so I know if it is done right. (and if it is not it's my own dam fault)

Dennis's kits go together well and everything fits right the first time . . . if it doesn't you made a mistake. Plus cannisters drop right in. Not every manufacture worries about little stuff like that.

So let's get back to the topic . . . because the ONLY question to ask is CARDEN YAK, 260, or 330S? (I still love the lines of my 330S and wonder if that out weighs the flying of the yak or 260)

Rob T
Old 02-17-2005, 10:07 PM
lightningman40
My Feedback: (40)

Hi gonn for good. I agree with you, I am sick of people complaining about what this kit cost or what that kit or arf cost. No one is twisting anyones arm to buy a Carden or anything else for that mater. I still belive that you get what you pay for. I have a H9 Ultimate and I am having J&M build my 40% Carden 330. I too like the arfs but Carden is still the best I have seen. I am sure to buy another Carden but who knows if it will be the Yak or the 260. I love both planes and by the way, I am sure to get another arf along the way because I like them to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.