Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE What?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DLE What?!?!

I guess that means he'll be burning the Chinese made ARF he want's to bolt the 1st world engine to.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jedijody

I guess that means he'll be burning the Chinese made ARF he want's to bolt the 1st world engine to.
Uh Oh......................
Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think he meant a person with a job, not associated with government employent, that pays taxes from the generation of wealth, when he said "my type'.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

I think he meant a person with a job, not associated with government employent, that pays taxes from the generation of wealth, when he said ''my type'.
Over half the US population has a job.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:59 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: kurt2022

My experiece with chinese gas and glow engines has been horrible! My experience with first world gas and glow engines has been good! I will do the RIGHT and MORAL thing and support first world nations from now on! I will have to pay more for them, but as the old saying goes "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"...PERIOD!!! I want someone making more than a quarter an hour producing my engines! Slavory is immoral, even if it is 10,000 miles away or next door, it does not matter to me because it is still wrong! My type is in the minority today and that is so sad for America's future!
Why don,t you do the right & moral thing and buy all the Made in USA Syssa engines you can afford!!! Ya...Help out the USA! Capt,n
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

I will now consider syssa next time I need an engine, I haven't heard much about them but will look into them! I have no choice when it comes to an arf, I think China has close to a monoply on them!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Tired Old Man

Well..... There does seem to be quite a wide and untouched field open for someone to start up an ARF manufacturing company here in the good, ol', U.S. of A. So instead of buying up all those Syssa's you could use the capital to get something going

Or you could become the ultra optimist, become an authority in the design, operation, and repair of small gasoline two stroke engines and make a living with an engine repair facility catering to RC flyers. Yea, uh huh, sure[:'(]
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 AM
willig10

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could not be a manufacturer of an ARF company and just buy them from China or elsewhere. Then market them here in the USA and claim they were made in the USA and then watch people criticise you.

That is always fun.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:57 AM
captinjohn

I will now consider syssa next time I need an engine, I haven't heard much about them but will look into them! I have no choice when it comes to an arf, I think China has close to a monoply on them!
Canada has a good priced ARF sold under the nsame of RC Guys. I do not know where there are made...but seem really high quality. One is a model of a crop duster. I wonder if there is any partial cut out kits sold /made here in the USA? I have a feeling there is. Some of the poor built ARF,S from china take more fixing than it would to finnish a partial built kit. Also you could use the colors of covering and the quality of the finish items. Lot of guys have hardware from previous crashed airplanes too that can be salvaged somewhat. Lots of choices....but you got to look into all possible avenues. Capt,n

http://www.rcguys.com/agwagon.html

http://www.rcguys.com/decathlon.html
Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 AM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Canada has a good priced ARF sold under the nsame of RC Guys. I do not know where there are made...but seem really high quality. One is a model of a crop duster. I wonder if there is any partial cut out kits sold /made here in the USA? I have a feeling there is. Some of the poor built ARF,S from china take more fixing than it would to finnish a partial built kit. Also you could use the colors of covering and the quality of the finish items. Lot of guys have hardware from previous crashed airplanes too that can be salvaged somewhat. Lots of choices....but you got to look into all possible avenues. Capt,n

http://www.rcguys.com/agwagon.html
Buddy had one. Cheap and poor fitting from the covering to the ABS canopy.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
captinjohn

After reading the on-line reviews...looks like the Decathalon may be built better over the Ag wagonand more easy to get to the radio gear...ect inside. Capt,n
Old 06-23-2011, 05:45 AM
House2twist

This thread has been an awesome read.

So many interesting people popping up who know nothing about engines, servicing them or pricing them.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Tired Old Man

Why do you think they started the thread? But all of them want to fly one.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 AM
willig10

Well yes they do T.O.M. and my guess is at some point in your life you decided to want to fly gas as well. I am sure you learned everything there was to know the minute you bolted your shiney new gas engine to the firewall.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM
captinjohn

TOM reminds of a person I know....I call him Mr "Ya-but"..... he always replies saying "Ya-but" you should have done this or that. I think he too must have know everything as soon as he tried it! TOM does post a lot of good data here. I kinda enjoy him here! I also enjoy the rest of my extended engine family! Capt,n
Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 AM
VF84sluggo

Very true. The cover of the book ain't very pretty, nor is the preface, but the info after that's not bad at all.

ORIGINAL: captinjohn
TOM does post a lot of good data here.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
willig10

I agree with you, howeverthe info though at times comes with a price.Knowledge is greatand often comes with years of personal experience. I just dont think that it is prudent to slapsomeone around because they asked a question. Yes, most of the questions have been asked many times and answered here on RCU. Yes they can perform a search and find the answer.

But in this day and ageit is very simply a matter ofchoosing to answer or igonore a question.

If someone decides to respond, I think it should be done with respect. Now ifthe questiniere starts acting a fool then it is time for the slapping and rib poking.

Agreed?

Glenn Williams
Old 06-23-2011, 07:38 AM
VF84sluggo

+1...that was pretty much what I was trying to say in a metaphorical way (hey, I was an Aero major, not a bull major, work with me here )...sometimes the cover and preface just gets too mean-spirited and insulting, so you have no desire to read/tolerate the rest of the book, so to speak. Once in a while it is possible to judge a book by its cover.

Randy
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 AM
jedijody

Don't be so quick to judge that particular book. I've known TOM for several years and he is a close personal friend. His mind can take the unexpected turn now and again but his heart is as big and soft as they get. He and I come from the generation of tough love, we both have the scars to prove it.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 AM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

TOM,

I have enough of a headache R&Ring air conditioners for a living! Oh how many times I have had to tell new customers with a dead chinese compressor that when they bought their last a/c unit they should of made sure it had a copeland(made in the USA) compressor in it...then I tell them how much it will cost to replace the unit and they usually cry a river! How does the old saying go: Buy top shelf and ONLY cry once, go cheap and cry a heck of alot more than once!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 AM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

fwiw;

He's a Moderator over on the competition - T[eam]F[lying]C[ircus][X(]
Think maybe such a person should have a better attitude than what's presented on RCU? Hmmmm?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 AM
VF84sluggo

How does the old saying go: Buy top shelf and ONLY cry once, go cheap and cry a heck of alot more than once!
Yes, and one that I believe has been attributed to Gucci of Italian shoe fame: The bitterness of poor quality long remains after the sweetness of a low price has faded. Can't guarantee that's an exact quote, but you get the drift
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM
jedijody

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

fwiw;

He's a Moderator over on the competition - T[eam]F[lying]C[ircus][X(]
Think maybe such a person should have a better attitude than what's presented on RCU? Hmmmm?
RCU is no competition for TFC, his 'tude is perfect for RCU and is not necessary on TFC.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: jedijody

.........his 'tude is perfect for RCU.............
Not at all!

Being helpful from experience (without a fowl attitude) is usefull to all.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Being condescending diminishes that, and ends up reflecting on RCU overall.

Look up at the top when viewing the headers in this Gas Engine section.
You'll often see 30-50 registered users logged in throughout the day.
Now, multiply that by 3-4 times and you begin to see how many 'lurkers' are
browsing here. Plus, hot/active threads thoughout RCU get top billing on RCU' homepage.

Many of us have scars, but that's not a badge of honor.
More important is the one who gave the scar![8D]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.