Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Tired of wondering if nitrous will work

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tired of wondering if nitrous will work

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 05:44 PM
tmaxxkillers-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tired of wondering if <span class=

www.jagrc.com the nitro kits are 85 bucks$$$$$$$$$$$4
Old 11-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: killer89

turbos and superchargers dont work on 2 stroke engines. This is because the air/fuel ports on the sleeve are open at the same time as the exhaust port. So the air and fuel would go in and out.
Do a little net searching on a Detroit Diesel 2-stroke turbo. They've been around a lot longer than me (I'm 30) and yes, it's a ginuine 2 stroke engine. Just like your rc engine.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:07 PM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Billyman

ORIGINAL: killer89

turbos and superchargers dont work on 2 stroke engines. This is because the air/fuel ports on the sleeve are open at the same time as the exhaust port. So the air and fuel would go in and out.
Do a little net searching on a Detroit Diesel 2-stroke turbo. They've been around a lot longer than me (I'm 30) and yes, it's a ginuine 2 stroke engine. Just like your rc engine.

Well there you go Billyman, that shows you don`t know everything !! Detroit diesels are very far from the same as a basic, unvalved, un-reeded 2 stroke glow engines ! Detroit diesels do certainly have a VERY complex and sophisticated VAVLE train, that IS the only way they can manage the airflow from the turbo&supercharges(in combination...series) that is installed unpon them. You can`t base the priciples or workability of the glow engine and detriot in the same basket, worlds apart. I`m not saying a supercharger would not work or do somthing on a glow engine ..but its benifits or efficeiency would not be up to par with-out some sort of reeds or valve train.

The 4 strokers are a perfect candidate, theres no doubt the that a turbo or supercharger would work there....

TM
Old 11-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Billyman

Actually, after posting that, I thought a little about it and felt it was a bad comparison. But still, I decided to leave it for discussion.

And dear sir, please point out where I have claimed to know everything.

Sometimes I’m wrong. This stuff happens.

However, I do strongly feel (almost know) how to make a supercharger work on an rc engine. I cannot reveal what I see of why what is out there doesn’t work without giving up information that may kill my financial future stability. I’ve been toying with something in my CAD software and the problem is so obvious I’m going “duh†constantly.

The future awaits.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks killer89,we had no clue! Did you even read what I posted?

Has everyone seen the thing on the front page of the Jag site? "you know you're gonna win...just then......"lol. Sorry...thats just funny
Old 11-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Lasershop

My "supercar" is nearly finished being rebuilt.... again. I hand formed a
new sheet metal pipe that came out beautitful (chromed of course).
Anyway... My son and I where bench testing it. I had him as the
throttle man (this was yesterday) and he would open it up to just
before it hit second gear. I tapped my new (newest) NOS for just a
second and the motor torqed in the chassis so much it shreaded my
brand new custom aluminum spur gears. The motor mounts are 1/4"
billet and the chassis bottom is 1/8" aluminum. The top is .080". My
point here is its not a faulty chassis design by any means. You gotta'
cover your ass in this forum LOL. Anyway, Im definetly on the right
track. The burst (yes, I said "burst") of power was unreal. Gonna'
try to finish it this weekend. I borrowed a killer digital camera to get
pics of everything, lasers too. Even though I broke the car, which really
sucks, past systems have always given a boost but this one, even at
part throttle is going to be a killer
Old 11-22-2003, 10:34 AM
GALAXY

Alright! some success,way cool.Too bad about those spurs though.My car is down at the moment too but not for that cool of a reason,I gave it too much throttle out of a curve and it drifted into the curb.I can't wait to see the pics of the car again,the system,and the laser...good job man[8D]
Old 11-24-2003, 06:43 PM
GreaseMonkey22

the main thing u need to know for making a car faster is that the more fuel that ur going to burn, u need to increase the air intake to make it equal or else there goes ur engine, and besides i would never run n02 on a high compression car because thats how u screw ur engine to **** bits, ive seen it happen way to many times, young kids thing their tough **** with a no2 bottle, the real skill is coming from MODS, seen lots of engines with valve indents in their damn cylinder from running nos n **** like that
Old 11-25-2003, 10:44 PM
GALAXY

Sounds like you screwed up an engine once already the way you wrote that,lol.

Valve indents in the cylinder? Not the piston? I don't know anyone thats blown up an engine with N2O,so I've never seen it.

If you have more fuel than air,thats not really gonna hurt...its the other way around with too much air that will cause a problem.

I've never done a compression test on these lil 2 stroke engines...go ahead and enlighten us as to how high it really is.....
Old 11-26-2003, 08:44 PM
GreaseMonkey22

usually they blow it up from overrevving, ill try to get pictures of the engine to you , its sittin at the shop i work at, i think its like a 2002 nsx or something no idea but ill get them posted up soon,by the way i wasnt saying that these little 2 stroke engines will blow from stuff similar to n02 but if it happens that would be crrrrrraaaaazzzy
Old 11-26-2003, 10:48 PM
nitrofreak74

Default RE: Tired of wondering if nitrous will work

Dont try it the nitrous is to dry and chances are you will squek your piston if it is a wet system, if it is a dry nos system it will richin up your mixture.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:20 AM
GALAXY

Its N2O......and I really doubt its an NSX...thats a 90,000 dollar car and if you put nitrous on it and blow it up,you deserve to be out that much.I know it wasn't you,I'm just saying..check into what you're talking about first.

http://www.fast-autos.net/acura/02acuransx.html

no comment on that last post
Old 11-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Billyman

Ok, I’m gettin’ me some edumacation!

I’m writing all this down.

“blow up—overrevvingâ€-------K, got that one. Who knew? N2O causes engines to overrev. Must be bad stuff. No N2O for Billyman. No sir.

GALAXY, can’t you see this man has years of experience with this stuff? I mean good gawd man. Just from reading his post, I think I’m going to have to change my title and give it him.

What other information do you have Grease? I’m like so intrigued and stuff.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:53 AM
GALAXY

My bad,my bad.....let me get my pen too.I didn't mean to shun the great wisdom and experience that I don't have.I may have missed some notes ,can I copy what you have down Billyman?

Now all I need is those pictures and theres no way I would still wanna do it after seeing those.....poor NSX What if I over revved my .12R SS....I'd be out like $80 and never wanna go past half throttle again.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:40 PM
Billyman

ORIGINAL: GALAXY
I may have missed some notes ,can I copy what you have down Billyman?
You may, but be careful. We'll have to be a bit sneaky.........don't want the teacher to see you know.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:13 AM
GALAXY

yeah,I'll keep it on the hush hush bro....I can only hope they help.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

he is corekt.
you put to much ratio of fuel to air in and the cylender then when under full compression there is no room to fit all the fuel an so it blows the head off your block!!!!!!!!!!!!

u want to run the engine real lean. ie a defficiancy of fuel n excess air then at this point inject the n2o.but make sure your starving the the fual lines/injection while the n2o being injected.
u do this because n2o works like an arm to physically push the piston back down then the fuel defficiency means the cylender is too empty hence the piston is sucked back up.

ive been researching on the internet (a lot) and pulled this from a thread i wronte in another forum ,hope it sheds some light for u guys. make sure u write it down. oh have u seen that Jag stuff? it will solve all your hassles.

PS.
um
BS.
ive heared of engines getting so much power running so lean in that they implode, ill try n post some pics.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:01 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

but seriously.

i know little about N2o besisdes what ive read. ie no real experience so what i say may b a nieve
but it seems there is an art to running nitrous properly because the whole idea is not properly understood. probly because no major/respectable company has spent major money researching a proper legitimate system for commercial use eg GM or if they have havent produced viable systems and advanced the technology.unlike superchargers n turbos which have advanced over time and a wealth of knowledge is known about them.

as a result the n2o userers/installers around the world all have there own better methods for using the stuff following the same basic principals but with there own tweeks.
u probly know all this.
so then dont right off what other people say necisarily. someone may be developing water/oil injection. no one knows everything thats going on in the world.

n20 can be injected from lower down in the rev range. there was a link on this site to a dude who made his money from making dyno systems, but he also raced drag bikes with nitro injection. his site had charts mapping engine performance through the rev range comparing the same bike with n2o and without. he kicked the n2o in around mid rpm.

i guess im refering to how the machine was just shot down for his first comment when really what he was saying wasnt that far off the mark, when no one even knows for sure what the mark is.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Billyman

you put to much ratio of fuel to air in and the cylender then when under full compression there is no room to fit all the fuel an so it blows the head off your block!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you flood an engine upon trying to start it, and an over excessive amount of liquid (fuel, water, whatever) it will hydraulic and simply (lock up) until the liquid is removed from the cylinder.

If the engine is running and a overly excessive amount of liquid (fuel, water, whatever) is slowly drawn into a cylinder (multi cylinder engine) it will flood out that cylinder and creates a condition called cylinder “wash downâ€. IF the engine continues to run, it will spew raw liquid (fuel, water, whatever) out the exhaust and some will go into the crankcase.

If the engine has a sudden overly excessive amount of liquid (fuel, water, whatever) into the cylinder while running and it hydraulics, 99 times out of 100, it will bend the connecting rod.

I’ve been working are cars and drag racing for 15 years and I’ve never seen “a head blown off†under any circumstances.

As for the rest of your ranting:

Jeebus F'in Rice!

I've never seen such ignorance in all my life.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Lasershop

Children pleeeeeze. As much as I have no use for theories
and bickering..... The whole N2O thing is totally untapped
and hasn't seen its day yet. I could give a rip about an
NSX that someone doesn't even own. I don't know how many
of you have actually tried it on a micro size motor, but N2O is
effective on anything that burns fuel. The worst thing that
happens in a lean out condition on a nitro motor is the coil
fries on the plug. The motor quits firing but the bad news is
now you have 4 moving parts in the motor and one of them
is bent on chewing up the other three. There is simply not
enough volume for any kind of horrific explosion. Speaking
of volume...... aint no frikin' way are you going to hydraulic
a hole in a motor that size. The motor will simply stop turning
well before that occurs. Its all science, but as far as my experience
goes when too much N2O is fed it just kills (turns off) the motor and
you hope it didn't break. Im way past that stuff now and all I know
is what Ive done myself. Before that all I knew what what I read
and heard. Besides........ A compact, bolt on, super slick and functional
N2O system............ you all would buy it in a minute
Old 11-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Billyman

aint no frikin' way are you going to hydraulic a hole in a motor that size.
I’m assuming you a speaking of rc engines.

While it’s running you’re 100% correct.

During starting (hard to pull blah, blah) it happens all too often. (you already know this)

I know what you’re saying, I understand. But I have found that if you aren’t extremely specific when talking to most of these guys/ girls/ kids or what have you, it’s all up in the air.

Little Danny talks to big brother Bob and hangs on his every word. Bob can’t find the shirt that is flung over his shoulder while he’s yelling at mom “where are my good socks!?†all the while they’re on his feet.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

I do nothing more than to try and lay down facts. Sometimes, I too act on speculation (I try not to) but it happens. Any time I give information, it’s almost a dare to debunk not a theory, but something that is believed to be fact. If I am corrected, then I learn something new and that’s what I want, that’s what I strive for……..truthful knowledge. I do not rely on the NET for information (too much speculation). I rely on personal experience, knowledge of my peers (in the same field) and literature from people and publications that have been around longer than I.

For those of you who desperately strive for truthful knowledge such as I, walk away from your computer, go to the library, a book store, go talk to a professional. Get information first hand from someone who knows.

In fact, come to Warren Engines Inc. Clinton N.C. and we’ll sit down and talk.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:06 AM
GALAXY

I wasn't trying to shoot him down but it was obvious he didn't even read the thread.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Billyman

I was, but for the same reasons.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:41 AM
GALAXY

Hahaha....I might have to ride up to NC sometime and check out that shop when I get my real motor built.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Lasershop

Heard that. I have fun with the forum, take everything with a grain of
salt, and find myself proofreading and editing my replies in hopes it
will be above reproach. Above all..... take none of it personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.