Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier 40% Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier 40% Edge 540

Okay - I've started, and on a very bad note! The kit was missing the plan sheets, FT1 and both the engine box sides (Manual calls them EB1, plans labeled EM1). I kept the plans from the previous build, no big there. BUT FT1 and EM/EB1 are major pieces! [:@]

The kit is discontinued, so I don't know what Tower/Lanier can do about this - customer service has been notified (email), let's see what happens.

In the mean time PLEASE: I would ask a favor of anyone who hasn't started yet. Can you trace FT1 and EB/EM1 on the some butcher paper or the brown wrapping paper the kit came packed in. I would gladly pay for postage - just shoot me a PM for the address. Thanks!

Backup plan is to scale up the drawings and start hacking on some light ply.

DB
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dork_blaster

Okay - I've started, and on a very bad note! The kit was missing the plan sheets, FT1 and both the engine box sides (Manual calls them EB1, plans labeled EM1). I kept the plans from the previous build, no big there. BUT FT1 and EM/EB1 are major pieces! [:@]

The kit is discontinued, so I don't know what Tower/Lanier can do about this - customer service has been notified (email), let's see what happens.

In the mean time PLEASE: I would ask a favor of anyone who hasn't started yet. Can you trace FT1 and EB/EM1 on the some butcher paper or the brown wrapping paper the kit came packed in. I would gladly pay for postage - just shoot me a PM for the address. Thanks!

Backup plan is to scale up the drawings and start hacking on some light ply.

DB
What a drag! Hopefully someone can help.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:52 PM
dork_blaster

Official word back from Tower/Hobbico/Lanier - "Sorry, discontinued kit." Tower offered a full refund along with a pre-paid shipping label, to their credit. I should have ordered that 2nd one when I had the chance! If you read through the older thread - the first kit was missing parts too. Hmmmm. Anyone else get a shorted kit? Better do an inventory if you haven't opened it yet.

Got the plans scanned and have full-sized paper templates, just waiting waiting for the lumber to get here from the yard. None of local LHS's stock the big stuff anymore. Sad.

Rudder sheeted, going to start on the wings and then stabs. Fuse has to wait until I make the replacement parts.

Later! Finally stopped raining here - hopefully I can get some real stick time in.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
qldviking

Hi I have just bought one of these kits and I am looking forward to building it. are there any areas in buiulding to watch out for?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 PM
dork_blaster

There's another build thread I started a while ago - if you're keeping it stock there's only one minor error in the kit. One of the front fuse formers doesn't have a notch cut out for the 1/4" hardwood side stiffener.