Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

We Need More Posts

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: We Need More Posts

Note that I mentioned the slider being @ 1 in long. I like to get the leadouts as close as I can. On 1/2A's I run them out one hole. Bellcrank position makes little difference, if any (big argument here). Having the bellcrank pivot on the CG or as close as I can get has always suited me.

Cautionary tale. I flew my new Shark 15 today. It was pretty windy. Two problems; I didn't get the engine tightened down right, but more to the point of this discussion, I forgot to position the leadout slider and tighten it down. So, first flight, I flew around level with the airplane cocked out, the slider slid back to the rear of the slot. Tightened the engine down and moved the slider forward to a guess at a little back of where it needs to be. Second flight, still cocked out a little, but safe enough for some round maneuvers; insides, outsides, lazy 8's, with it. No high maneuvers or hard corners until I get the leadouts right. Next flight I'll move the slider forward about 1/8 inch and, I think, be pretty close. Put in 20 BB's for wing weight, and it flies with wings level right side up and upside down. Have to see if it hinges on hard corners when I get the leadouts about right.

Jim
Old 12-19-2004, 05:06 AM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: We Need More Posts

dadamisin mentioned he thought there should be more Hawker types modelled. I came across this Tempest on the web. Not a stunter but a team racer. Looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62765.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	204479