Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UPS, I just don't get it......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UPS, I just don't get it......

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Selleri

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: UPS, I just don't get it......

ORIGINAL: rcdoug

We ship daily and have had problems with everyone. The USPS have the least amount of damage claims, though they did send one of my personal packages to Iceland instead of Ireland. Never did fine that one.
I'll look around for it next time I go to the post handling facility.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
tomcatman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks NP!! Keep bringin us the goods!!

Richie
Old 10-24-2004, 05:04 PM
hanna
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Yellow Spit from NE area that was shipped in a well packed box. It arrives with two stab wounds from the forklift. I tell UPS driver lets take a peek at this while you are here. We open the box and find the fuse is damaged aft of wing saddle. I do everything UPS says to file a claim. The adjuster comes and takes pics and tells me to him it does not look properly packed. Long story short I end up with broke stuff because it was not packed to withstand ramming by a forklift. After reading this thread it seems this is just to be expected when you ship a toy airplane. What a revelation. Mike Krizan
Old 10-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

I personaly know of a company that sold planes and used Fedex ground. They destroyed a lot of them. When submitted for a claim they all came back denied. Tagged, no apperant damage. Some of the boxes were just plain smashed ,crunched or even bent 90 degrees. last I knew of they never got paid. When things like this happen it just means the customer pays more later.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Bob101

Here's how your package got banged up.....

Seriously I quit doing business with Tower Hobbies because you can't request which shipper you want shipped with. I refuse to ship Fed-Ex because they have the biggest moron in the world who delivers to me. I have a small business that is open all day in front of the house - yet he never manages to actually ring the doorbell or knock on the door. From my upstairs office I've seen him drive up - get out and never get 5 feet away from the truck and then get in and drive off.

When I raised hell with the supervisor he said he could see no one was home/at work - yeah from 250 feet away outside. This happened all the time with no change so I quit shipping with them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23464.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	186322  
Old 12-18-2004, 04:20 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Ha, I just found this thread and made me laugh.

Has anyone got any claims paid? insurance or not?
Old 12-18-2004, 04:51 PM
JET FX

Another company to be aware of 'Forward Air' Canada in Toronto.... They have the worst customer service I have yet experienced by far of any shipping company, they even flat out lied to me about when my model had been shipped, after three days waiting I rang them again and its now still there and they want more paperwork, more money... They even run a forklift through my crated model box I still had waiting pickup from them, even though the box had 2x4's on base for fork to slide easy under! luckily we were wairy of such potential treatment and the model inside was well enough supported and packaged in this case and model damage was avoided thankfully otherwise I would have flipped! no more Forward Air for me[:-]
Old 12-18-2004, 05:06 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I ship all US post office because I drive right by it. They're not the cheapest or the best. The insurance is not at all worth it. Their priority mailings are great, but expensive if you have any distance or weight. They just started a flat rate $7.70 priority mail for any weight anywhere in USA. It's a gereat deal if it fits in box.

I get fed-ex a lot, and have a great delivery guy. UPS guy is great too. I wanted to ship by fed-ex, but I have an hour in getting the package there. Bad deal no savings. UPS I have nearly a half hour to get it there. Still no savings.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:53 PM
E*nealio
My Feedback: (10)

Hmm, I must be the freakish 1/100 shipments that come on time and in great condition!
Old 03-20-2005, 01:41 PM
laur

Can u find rc planes in Vancouver and How expensive are they?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:58 PM
sam_a

Hi, I'm actually switching from fedex back to the us postal service. Anybody have experience with the following web sites for printing postage?

www.shipwire.com
www.usps.com
Old 06-11-2005, 04:30 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Hmmmm, I just sent a Simjet Sonic 120 (kit of the 2300) from PA to Great Northern Models by Fed-Ex insured 3 day air. It got to them in 2 days uninjured. I have never received a package early from UPS. I watched them sit for a couple days before finishing their deliveries just so they don't get there early.

FED-EX rocks!! (And no I don't work for them or any shipping company).
Old 06-11-2005, 04:55 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

I typically prefer FedEx, but within the last two months I had a good experience ordering something from Tower with UPS shipping. I requested ground shipping, but I got my stuff the day after I ordered. That was going from their Nevada warehouse to southern California.