Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need to break 65+

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2024, 03:35 AM
Kev_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's get the record straight...

Originally Posted by cossie
hey i know some of, u dont, it does 70mph standard not 80 any1 from racing-cars.com on the forum will tell u that and it DOES do 89mph with the top end bell on. LOOK A PICTURE ON A SPEED GUN if u dont believe me ill give u the addy of the guy who was there when the picture was took. oh and i believe nitrohead is watching this thread and he know the guy who took it , it is GLYPO and he knows loads more about these cars and engines than any of u (not against u nitrohead)

So sorry to bring up such an old thread, but....
I've seen quite a few 'debates' on this forum about this pic, so let's get a few things straight about it and clear up a lot of the false claims I've seen.
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...sion-21-a.html

Firstly, it's such a pity that Cossie is no longer active on here as I'd love to ask him a few questions, such as:
"Where was the picture taken?"
"Who was the person that took the pic?"
"Who owned the Fusion in question?"
"What bodyshell is on it?"
"What is the truck in the background?"
and, most importantly "How on earth do I know you?" Just to see what he'd say.
You see, I was the person that took the pic, me, not this GLYPO that I see mentioned.... I know the correct answer to every one of those questions.
The pic is not fake.
It is not my Fusion, my Fusion was stock and actually managed 72mph. The one in the pic belonged to a friend, one of the group of us that regularly met at this location. Yes, it did have the high-speed clutch bell.
The dip in the carpark that has been mentioned seems grossly magnified by the pic for some reason, it wasn't as bad as it appears, although once or twice it did cause the cars to flip. One occasion causing a lot of damage to one side of the Fusion in the pic as it slid on it's roof into a curb and ripped the front and rear arms off.
Tyre choice played a huge factor in the handling of the little beasts and we had to constantly change compound due to ambient temperatures having a big effect on traction, they would regularly spin out when changing to third.
Both of us were sent prototype parts to test by Robin Schumacher himself, including modified chassis and small deflectors to attempt to stop the issue of tiny stones being trapped under the belt and destroying the belt and diff pinions.

It's such a shame that the only surviving pic has all the 'Photobucket' bumf all over it, it really does spoil the pic. I originally never hosted it on Photobucket, I guess someone else 'stole' it at some point to back up their false claims. I originally had it on my own webspace. Unfortunately I deleted this pic and many others many years ago, though there is a slight chance I may still have some on an old harddrive somewhere.

So, if anyone ever has any questions about this that they'd like truthfully answered, aim them at me.

Now, back to Cossie, just in case he ever comes back on here.... There was one guy that used to come along to our meets that had an XTR3e... But if you are him you'd know who it was that took the pic, not GLYPO (whoever that may be). PM me your name, and I'll know if it's you or not.

Last edited by Kev_B; 08-12-2024 at 05:06 AM.