Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:26 AM
chasrb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

I understand your, RFG3, need to provide a secure method to thwart copyright infringement, but to not allow the joystick ability to fly the sim is a problem for a number of users.

It seems that if you force the end user to config the RFG3 with the G3 TX serial and the serial from the code and then verify that it is a legal copy - proper registration and all, then the code shoulod allow for the ability to use the joystick if needed, to fly.

Also why can you not built an USB interface cable with the hardware lock built in it and then provide adapter cable to the different Tx connectors?

Just ideas...

Chasman
Old 02-05-2005, 11:09 AM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

Chasman,

I have also found a problem with add-on 1&2. When I intall either of them, it messes up my G3 and I have to uninstall/re-install. Add-ons 3-5 installed w/o any problems but I can not get 1&2 to work correctly.

Carl
Old 02-06-2005, 02:32 AM
mikenlapaz

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

jaafit
Could you look at Post #49 particularly questions 1 & 3. Thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 03:00 AM
knight1

I just recieved G3 and unistalled the older realflight sim's and installed G3 with all the add on's 1-5 and it works pretty darn well with full everything on graphics.
The only thing that I see wrong with the physics is on some not all scenery files is while flying if you fly above the trees about 5 to 8 feet the aircraft crashes.

The one question I did have is, can I play in multyiplayer mode online or in local network mode with my G3 to someone who has G2?

thanks,
Mark
Old 02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: knight1

I just recieved G3 and unistalled the older realflight sim's and installed G3 with all the add on's 1-5 and it works pretty darn well with full everything on graphics.
The only thing that I see wrong with the physics is on some not all scenery files is while flying if you fly above the trees about 5 to 8 feet the aircraft crashes.
What version do you have? This problem was fixed in the helicopter update.

The one question I did have is, can I play in multyiplayer mode online or in local network mode with my G3 to someone who has G2?

thanks,
Mark
No, the multiplayer in G3 is only for flying with other G3 users.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:39 PM
knight1

jaafit, The version I have is 3.00.366 with the heli update.

thank's
Old 02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
jaafit

In that case, you are probably flying at a G2 airport. Those airports have 2-dimensional trees, so colliding with them in 3D can sometimes seem a little off. We favored a more conservative approach in our collision detection, which hopefully trains pilots to stay far away from those trees!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Gatorboy08

hey jaafit, i sent a pm back to you
Old 02-11-2005, 06:04 PM
jaafit

I've just been informed that our next update will also improve the collision detection with the G2-style trees. The update is still in a beta form, but you can try it [link=http://12.156.2.54/forums/showthread.php?t=9662]here[/link].
Old 02-17-2005, 07:32 AM
chasrb

I tried to add in the Addon 1 and 2 again last night, I even backed up the RF executable, but alas it still crapped out after installing the Addon 1 and 2. I was going to NOT install the 1.1 upgrade that is selected by default on Addon 1, but I went ahead and did install it. I did not capture the error message box, maybe I'll do that tonight.

Is there a chance that you guys at Knife could do a fresh install on XP Pro of G3 and then add in the Addon 1 and 2 then tell me the steps you took to successfully install them? I know this should not be this difficult to install an Addon.

Thx
Chasman
Old 02-17-2005, 01:28 PM
jaafit

Wow, that' s probably more trouble than you wanted to go through to get Add-Ons! I think I can help. Yes, we did install Add-Ons 1 and 2 on XP Pro and found no problems running G3. What I suspect is that you have an older version of the Add-Ons 1 and 2 disks.

In that case, you have two options. One is to wait for our next update, which will fix G3's compatibility with those particular versions. I'm not sure when that will be publically available.

The other option is to contact technical support and get them to replace your old Add-Ons disk with new copies. But before you contact them, it would be worth while to make sure you really do have the older version. Did either disk ask you for your "Company" along with your name and serial number? If it did ask for your "Company", then you have an older version because the newer versions do not. And what was the error message you saw?

Old 02-18-2005, 01:15 PM
USNRol

Just so you both know, I apparently have the older versions of add-ons 1+2 and I'm having exactly the same difficulties. Mine want's to install realflight version 1.1 and then add-on 1 and I have to delete the files the install creates (Only a couple files actually get built and stuck into the G3 directory tree) in order to get G3 to run again. I have been putting off figuring this out since G3 is still so new....glad I stumbled onto this thread.

USNRol
Old 02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
k.fuchs

Is The USB InterLink Plus necessery to run RealFlight G3 ?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:13 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: k.fuchs

Is The USB InterLink Plus necessery to run RealFlight G3 ?
Yes, G3 comes with an Interlink controller, and that controller must be connected or G3 will not run.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Morpheus56692

I've been playin G2 for awhile. I purchased G3 and now I'd like to network these two together for a little pylon racing. Can you network (LAN) G2 with G3 together? And if not, can you network (LAN) G3 and G3 together?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:02 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: Morpheus56692

I've been playin G2 for awhile. I purchased G3 and now I'd like to network these two together for a little pylon racing. Can you network (LAN) G2 with G3 together?
No, sorry.
And if not, can you network (LAN) G3 and G3 together?
Yes, that will work. One computer will the the host. On this computer, choose "host" from the multiplayer menu, then on the next dialog, leave "broadcast to the list server" unchecked. Your host will then be visible only on the LAN. The second computer should choose "join" from the multiplayer menu. Change the dropdown list to the left of the "search" button from "Listing Server" to "Local Network". Then click search. It should find the host you just created. Double-click on it and you're connected.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:31 PM
ACP Engineering
My Feedback: (1)

Jaafit,

I own both G2 and G3, my G3 has a problem with the P-38 add-on neither the nose wheel rotates or the ailerons move in the simulation. I called tech support early last week and they told me an update would be availble later that week and that they were aware of this bug. When will the update be availble?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: ACP Engineering

Jaafit,

I own both G2 and G3, my G3 has a problem with the P-38 add-on neither the nose wheel rotates or the ailerons move in the simulation. I called tech support early last week and they told me an update would be availble later that week and that they were aware of this bug. When will the update be availble?
Yes, the update will fix that problem. I can't say for sure when it will be available. It's pretty much done right now but we can't release it until we have tested it thoroughly.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:10 PM
nate1490

I just got realflight g3 and noticed I can only join some of the multiplayer sessions. what's going on here
Old 03-06-2005, 09:19 AM
jhimmel

What happens when you try to join the others?

There are two problems that I have seen, both seem to be caused by the server not being updated in a timely manner -

One is a "session full" when it shows only 3 of 4 players (there probably is actually 4 players at the time), the other is a failure because a listed session has actually already ended but still appears in the list.

Jim H.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:28 PM
thomp896

How do you edit engines in G3? On the Vol. 2 add on I 'd like to chage the engine in the skybolt from the stock engine to a 4stroke 120. Thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 02:34 PM
jaafit

Load the skybolt. Open the Airplane editor (Airplane->Edit Skybolt). On the list in the lower-left of the editor, expand the "Airframe" item, then in the list that appears under Airframe, expand the "Fuselage" item, then in the list under "Fuselage," click on "Engine." Now on the right hand side of the editor, scroll down and look for "Torque Generator." That shows the current engine. You can change it by clicking on the "..." button to the right of the engine's name. Pressing it will bring up a list of engines, one of which is the "OS FS-1.20 SURPASS SP." Close the editor, choose a name for your new aircraft, and you're done.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:49 AM
thomp896

Got it thanks. Steve
Old 03-09-2005, 11:42 AM
chuckb13

Help!!! I purchased the G3 around christmas time and it works very well. I do however have 2 questions. 1. on the ultra sport plane it has retracts.. I can NOT get them to work. I have tried to change some of the settings but still am unable to get them to work... The 2nd Question.. I am curious on how to download planes off of rcuniverse. I have found several but am unable to save them into real flight.. Could someone give me directions on how thats done.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I Got Hit

Hi

I just ordered a G3 and was wondering how it will run on my system. I have a sempron 2.4, 256 ram, 40gb hd. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.