Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight G3 Problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight G3 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Realflight G3 Problems

It always cracks me up when people buy computer equipment that is way over than what is needed. A computer game can only look as good as the software and hardware used to develop it. I have around 100 different software titles ranging from old dos games up to current stuff like HL 2, Far Cry, COD, etc. etc. etc. etc. A game only needs so much processor, and so much video to run maximum performance. Anything above that is not going to make it any better. What I mean by funny is that people will be rushing out to buy a new 512mb ATI or Nvidia Video Card way before there is even software close to requiring 256mb. At this point my Overclocked System running a 128mb ATI will run anything I have, and it will most surely run G3. The problem with G3 is not with the Hardware of a good system. In my opinion the Software Graphics engine was done poorly G3, and is just basically not programmed well to work good with any system, but with some better than others. When new games come out people are always quick to blame there system when games hang in spots, or crashes occur. In my experience 99% of the time it is that the software needs patched to be more compatible with a majority of systems, and 99% of the time after a simple patch the software works fine. So I would just jay that basically you are having a compatibillity issue, and not an issue about what hardware your machine is equipped with. Sometimes aftermarket Drivers can help solve a video related conflict if you allready have latest stock drivers. One thing I would try first is to try a different set of video drivers. www.omegadrivers.net has drivers that work with both ATI and Nvidia. They also have some overclocker tools to help boost system perforance if you don't get to carried away with it.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Breakstuff5050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not having any problems running g3 but I just want to be sure i have the best driver i can get for my ATI Radeon, can anyone point one out to me?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:52 AM
essence25
My Feedback: (1)

Set all settings to HIGH and set shadow quality to medium. Select 85hz and Vsync on. Should stop the stutter. Its mostly the shadow setting that is causing the slowdown.

7900GTX and A64 3700+ DFI lanparty +2gbr OCZ Platinum.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
mswlogo

I found out the same thing. I thought a 6600 GT was a good bang for the buck graphics card. But it's not enough for G3 and will jitter.

Shut off Shadows and Clouds and it should run smooth (40 fps at 1600x1200).

If you want better graphics get something like a nVidia 7800.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:16 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I first got the G-3 my comp. wouldn't run the program, when I updated the card to the NVIDEA 6600 there were still glitches after I installed the supplied driver,went to the site for driver upgrade poof! works great also defragged my comp. helped alot there is alot of clutter out there .I run G-3 with Vscan and spybot and it works fine shadows and details intact, having the right updated driver seems to be the ticket .
Old 07-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Never mind... Just noticed how old this thread is after I posted...