Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is someone liable if they sign a waiver?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is someone liable if they sign a waiver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is someone liable if they sign a waiver?

ORIGINAL: MLaCoste

Okay, enough is enough!!!

(and it's not Gordon, Mr. Osborn).

I just read the whole thread and did not see what Gordon did wrong.

Mr. O, what did Gordon do wrong or are you trying to feed fat an ancient grudge you bear him?

.......ghost_rider........out.......
Old 07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
mark osborn
My Feedback: (9)

Post #25 is the reply from Gordon that I found offensive however, as stated earlier I beleive the issue here is safety and we are veering off a different direction. Enough is enough is correct.

Over and out,
Old 07-22-2005, 07:06 PM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: mark osborn

Post #25 is the reply from Gordon that I found offensive however, as stated earlier

Post # 25 is your post and not Gordons. Post # 26 is Gordon's as quoted below. Could you tell me the statement or words you found offensive?.

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Kenny,
You first must make alchohalic beverages, drugs and any other prohibited practice a violation of the club rules by posting a written notice in the form of a sign visible to all who enter onto the club premisses pursuent to all who are present on club premisses.
In addition you must make it known to all members by means of publication within your club by-laws that in accordance with the AMA safety code section 9, to support the clubs standing as an AMA insured, no alcohalic beverages, drugs of any other prohibited practice is allowed on the premisses.
That is simply overkill, and totally unnecessary.

There's nothing at all wrong with allowing alcohol on the club site, for legal and responsible consumption.

The issue here is not the presence of alcohol on the site (which is permitted by both the club and the landowner), but rather the operation of a model aircraft while under the influence of alcohol, which is already a violation of the AMA rules, and therefore (by extension) a violation of the club rules.

Trying to widen the issue to cover that of acceptable presence and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises is simply absurd IMO.

Gordon
Old 07-22-2005, 07:12 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Ben

Check the post numbers again.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:21 PM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: grbaker

Ben

Check the post numbers again.

See attached

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85964.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	300385  
Old 07-22-2005, 07:31 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I can't do a screen shot but here is a copy and paste of post #25 as shown on my computer

: Is someone liable if they sign a waiver? - 7/21/2005 3:16:05 PM

Gordon Mc
Bog Standard Member

Certified

quote:

Kenny,
You first must make alchohalic beverages, drugs and any other prohibited practice a violation of the club rules by posting a written notice in the form of a sign visible to all who enter onto the club premisses pursuent to all who are present on club premisses.
In addition you must make it known to all members by means of publication within your club by-laws that in accordance with the AMA safety code section 9, to support the clubs standing as an AMA insured, no alcohalic beverages, drugs of any other prohibited practice is allowed on the premisses.

That is simply overkill, and totally unnecessary.

There's nothing at all wrong with allowing alcohol on the club site, for legal and responsible consumption.

The issue here is not the presence of alcohol on the site (which is permitted by both the club and the landowner), but rather the operation of a model aircraft while under the influence of alcohol, which is already a violation of the AMA rules, and therefore (by extension) a violation of the club rules.

Trying to widen the issue to cover that of acceptable presence and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises is simply absurd IMO.

Gordon

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley
"He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak." - Michel de Montaigne

(in reply to mark osborn)
Report | Post #: 25

Old 07-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben - my post does show up as #25 for me - perhaps there is a nuked post somewhere earlier in the thread, that shows up only for the mods - that in turn may mean that your post #s do not sync with those that the rest of us see ? (That's why I generally prefer using URLs rather than post #s)

That said, I stand fully by what I said in post #25, and I see nothing in it that is any more offensive than the dictatorial position adopted in Mr Osborne's prior post. If he had simply stated something along the lines of "Kenny - your club may want to consider banning all alcohol..." rather than telling Kenny that that was what the club MUST do, we simply would not be having this conversation ; there would still be reasoned debate over the best solution, but without much of the current heat.

Sorry if I'm causing you more work.

Gordon
Old 07-22-2005, 07:50 PM
ghost_rider

Ben - my post does show up as #25 for me - perhaps there is a nuked post somewhere earlier in the thread, that shows up only for the mods - that in turn may mean that your post #s do not sync with those that the rest of us see ? (That's why I generally prefer using URLs rather than post #s)

Gordon

You are right, post # 5 was nuked :

[Deleted] - 7/20/2005 11:50:31 PM

T. F. DAnca
Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at 7/21/2005 3:26:43 AM by ghost_rider
Reason for deletion: spamming the board
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys Im trying to figure out how to contact the webmaster of this site
Can anyone help
Thanks Terry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to restore the post.
Post #: 5 | IP: xx.xx.xxxx.xx

and I see nothing in it that is any more offensive Gordon
I agree with you

Old 07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
DC1163
My Feedback: (16)

Gordon, you said:

" I see nothing in it that is any more offensive than the dictatorial position adopted in Mr Osborne's prior post. If he had simply stated something along the lines of "Kenny - your club may want to consider banning all alcohol..." rather than telling Kenny that that was what the club MUST do, we simply would not be having this conversation ; there would still be reasoned debate over the best solution, but without much of the current heat."

I believe when Mark was talking to Kenny he was only stating the procedure that his club had to do to resolve the problem they were having. I do not think his intent was to take a dictatorial position. I know Mark personally and he is not like that. I guess he should have worded it differently. Sometimes it is easy to get the wrong impression because of the way something is worded when posting here. I guess I will have to go to Odessa and load Mark up and come to California and buy you two a drink. I have been wanting to come to The Best in The West fly-in for a while now anyway.

By the way, we had to ban drinking at our site also, there were a couple of incidents that prompted it. We had a member who would over do it on occasion. Once he fell in the pits almost crushing a couple of planes another time he stuck his hand in between the club presidents wife's b**bs. Being drunk is a good excuse for bad behavior.
I have also know of other incidents at fly-ins were drinking is going on after flying times were passes are made at other pilots wives. Moderation is the golden rule when drinking.

I myself see nothing wrong with having a couple beers with your flying buddies after the flying is over myself and I do not even drink.

Having said that I do not blame Kenny for wanting his signature taken off the individuals waiver.
David
Old 07-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: DC1163
I guess I will have to go to Odessa and load Mark up and come to California and buy you two a drink.
As long as I'm done flying and driving for the day, you're on !
Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This dude MUST have been drunk! What good is putting your hand between the club pres's wife's b**bs? Far better to put a hand on one!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:21 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post #25 is the reply from Gordon that I found offensive however......
I don't see how being reasonably, and adeptly, disagreed with is offensive....maybe a little embarrassing, but not offensive.

Woket.....LMAO!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:37 PM
DC1163
My Feedback: (16)

This dude MUST have been drunk! What good is putting your hand between the club pres's b**bs? Far better to put a hand on one!!!

Woketman,
You do not understand she is very well endowed. Her b**bs would touch both sides of your hand from your finger tips to past your wrist.
David
Old 07-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: Woketman

This dude MUST have been drunk! What good is putting your hand between the club pres's b**bs? Far better to put a hand on one!!!
Uh Mark .. he actually mentioned the club president's wife's body parts, not the president's... but if you want to grab the president's ones instead, power to ya ! (If you like it enough, be reassured by the fact that the Canadians will now allow you two to get hitched)

Gordon
Old 07-22-2005, 11:08 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

He isn't a member of the club.

Where we fly it isn't hard to not be a member and still fly. The field is usually empty so no one is there checking membership cards. People could go out there, pound a fifth of Vodka and fly that neat Oly powered JMP Firebird all day and no one would know it.

This club is really laid back. They can be because 99.9% of the membership don't need to be told what to do. I have seen a guy that was an officer in the club pass the transmitter to me to put a trim flight on a Mustang because he had a few drinks from a beer. Perfectly fine with me and the rest of the club, you have a drink you don't fly.

We are taking steps to ensure no one gets into the field with out a key and a radio. It is an AMA field and as a member we are sure you are in good standings with AMA each year. We can only do what we can but I think a total ban on alcohol would be a bad move. Why change things for the membership that have been following the rules from the beginning for someone that is a not a members stupidity? Some of the old timers have been having thier evening beer together for the last 20 years.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Uh Mark .. he actually mentioned the club president's wife's body parts, not the president's... but if you want to grab the president's ones instead, power to ya ! (If you like it enough, be reassured by the fact that the Canadians will now allow you two to get hitched)

Gordon

Old 07-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

John:

Jalapeno Brats(Bratwurst) are an exotic pork and beef sausage sausage of Mexican/German/Hungarian heritage......which are grilled over mesquite wood coals and then parboiled for a few minutes in a slow cooker containing a slurry of Blatz, one of America's finest ales, onions, garlic, and cajun spices.......not unlike your Hagis.....

Tom

Old 07-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger
not unlike your Hagis.....
[ gasp !!! ] Caw canny laddie - yon's awfy like fightin' wurds tae some folk, an if ye dinnae haud yer wheest the noo yer proly gawna end up wi' a Glesgie kiss or maer ! Nuthin's "like" haggis , the great chieftain o' the puddin-race - aboon them a' it taks it's place, painch, tripe, or thairm...
Old 07-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Oops, I corrected my error!! I don't need to go to Canada now Gordon!
Old 07-23-2005, 12:10 AM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

.....a slurry of Blatz, one of America's finest ales.....
I always thought that name sounded like the report from a bodily function.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Helijack

All this arguing and slamming has lost the main issue and point of the original post. What a waste of good letters and periods.
Jack