Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

revo crawler is so sick

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:04 PM
grunho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: revo crawler is so sick

hi there. i´m from Portugal i have a Revo its completely stock and believe it or not i´ve already crawl a lot of rocks with it, at low speeds with the high needle a little rich the truck doesn´t over heat at all , and about the torque, if you gradually apply the throtle the truck i´ll respond nicely but if you apply full throtle the truck i´ll make a wheeli and eventually flip. Believe me Revo can do serious stunts once i was like at 50km/h when i ram a car it didn´t break anything so if you want a truck that can crawl slowly and when you are on the top of the "hill" and you want to come down real fast you just have to do one thing....
PULL the throtle to the max. But who i´m i to post ?i´m just a happy owner of an real cool rc monster truck
Old 02-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Fleg

A real off-road truck does infact very slowly climb rocks and hills. That's why we gear them so low and put doubler boxes in and regear transfer case to much lower then stock. If real off-road rockcrawlers jumped and skipped then people would die.

ORIGINAL: LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

how can nitro suck for crawling? its more realistic than electric. i would think it takes a whole lot more skill with nitro than electric. does a real off-road truck just slowly climb rocks and hills? no! it jumps and skips, burns clutched , and breaks stuff. its more realistic therefore better! electric just seems cheesy to me. just my 2 cents.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 PM
byebye

OK guys......lotsa talk, let see some activity.
A couple of us are working towards "full on" Nitro crawlers, and sufferring the slings and arrows of the arrogant 'lectric guys......
Drag 'em out, and let's start seeing who's doing what. If you're modifying an 'outta the box truck" tell us....building, bring it on....
Quit backing down from the larger group......we can get it done.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:22 AM
dezfan

I would love to see them.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:18 AM
rideicon

Ive got a revo with the long travel springs and rocker set on it, its cool to bash around with but it is by no means a rock crawler. nitro sucks for crawling the engines were not meant to make power at those rpm's. yeah you can change the clutch, flywheels, everything else, but its not going to work very well in most situations. If your going to ask opinions on nitro as a crawler and then get pissed at the answers just leave. if you want to build a nitro truck and call it a crawler go post in your tmaxx forum about how you crawled a real big curb cuz its not the same league as electric when it comes to crawling and anyone bashing on electric is stupid.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:47 AM
dezfan

Still waiting.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:22 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend has a revo rock crawler nd its can probably beat my friends electric one but we havent tested it yet. nd if u put lowe gear y cant notro be a crawler
Old 03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: crazy maxx
my friend has a revo rock crawler nd its can probably beat my friends electric one but we havent tested it yet. nd if u put lowe gear y cant notro be a crawler
Have you read the rest of the thread?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
dezfan

I'm very sorry but, your
Old 03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
grunho

Just one question...

WHY ON EARTH YOU REVIVE THIS THREAD ??? [:@]

let it die...

3 months with no reply doens't mean nothing to ya ?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:02 AM
rideicon

have you graduated grammar school? [sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 AM
rideicon

if you call a stock stampede a rock crawler... than yes maybe a revo could take it.... maybe... on a dirt hill..... lol
Old 03-14-2007, 05:07 AM
rideicon

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrtDOtrFuo]stick on couch[/link] i want to see a nitro do this
Old 03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
grunho

Holy Xh!t !!! thats amazing, But... if the couch was 10 cm's higher, it wouldnt't get up there... Still cool thouth
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: dezfan

I'm very sorry but, your
It's contagious.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 AM
rideicon

i want to make my revo electric, brushless [sm=devious.gif]
Old 03-16-2007, 07:41 AM
grunho

What !!!![X(] you´re nuts, Reiko is right this is countagious....
Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

ORIGINAL: LoSiSuPeRtRuCk

how can nitro suck for crawling? its more realistic than electric. i would think it takes a whole lot more skill with nitro than electric. does a real off-road truck just slowly climb rocks and hills? no! it jumps and skips, burns clutched , and breaks stuff. its more realistic therefore better! electric just seems cheesy to me. just my 2 cents.
The difference between rc and real gas trucks is that they have real clutches, not slipper clutches. They have gears etc.
This argument will never be over because some people dont have the same expectations for a crawler, for me going slow and have tons of torque to crawl straight up things is real crawling. Having to get a bunch of speed and going fast over rocks is not crawling to me.
But everyone has their own opinions, and the nitro crawler guys can go to the nitro crawler thread[sm=punching.gif]hahaha
Old 03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
rideicon

ORIGINAL: grunho

What !!!![X(] you´re nuts, Reiko is right this is countagious....
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h397wsd1X2I]brushless revo[/link], tell me thats not cool. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_JOUce7UII]heres another[/link], and i am doing it!!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Sweed

They are both Nitro. I have a REvo myself, and they put out little smoke on low RPM's... And you can see the smoke whenever they rev the engine... But I cannot see the whole in the body were the motor would stick up, nor an exhust pipe sticking out... So I kinda doought ti is nitro..
Old 03-16-2007, 06:18 PM
grunho

Nitro my axx... I have a Revo to men and thats no nitro noise, thats ablesolutely eletric motors noise, I'm overwelmed with this thing... its just.. way too cool... and the amount of torque that thing must have to raise the front that way ...

Dude you've my support that amazing... and a nice joob to...
Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: Sweed
They are both Nitro. I have a REvo myself, and they put out little smoke on low RPM's... And you can see the smoke whenever they rev the engine... But I cannot see the whole in the body were the motor would stick up, nor an exhust pipe sticking out... So I kinda doought ti is nitro..
That "smoke" is called dust, think of it as rock smoke. Dust is usually caused by torque, I guess you nitro guys dont see it too often.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:27 PM
corkit08

ORIGINAL: Sweed

ok ive been doing nitro rc for 5 years now and the first truck i owned was a tmaxx i liked it but i didnt know about the breaking the engine(i was excited), that engine let out so much smoke i thought it would blow up. so i went out and bought another engine for it this one i broke in and it was perfect and another issue i ran into was when i got the new motor it didnt let out much smoke but after a few months of intense driving it started to let more smoke out
the reason why most nitros let out a lot of smoke is because they are tuned for preformance not really to last long. if you let more gas and air into the motor it will let out less smoke but causes you to have a horrible preformance my truck stayed low rpms and never even made it to 2nd gear

the point im trying to get across is that nitros dont always act the same some let out more smoke some let out less it all depends on the engine, fuel, and tuning
Old 03-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

[Qoute]corkit08
ok ive been doing nitro rc for 5 years now and the first truck i owned was a tmaxx i liked it but i didnt know about the breaking the engine(i was excited), that engine let out so much smoke i thought it would blow up. so i went out and bought another engine for it this one i broke in and it was perfect and another issue i ran into was when i got the new motor it didnt let out much smoke but after a few months of intense driving it started to let more smoke out
the reason why most nitros let out a lot of smoke is because they are tuned for preformance not really to last long. if you let more gas and air into the motor it will let out less smoke but causes you to have a horrible preformance my truck stayed low rpms and never even made it to 2nd gear

the point im trying to get across is that nitros dont always act the same some let out more smoke some let out less it all depends on the engine, fuel, and tuning
[/quote]

Hey man...maybe i read your post wrong, but i think you got some info wrong...the leaner the carb is..the better the performance is too a certain extent...leaner will have less smoke due to the less amount of fuel entering... the richer it is the more smoke and the "slower " it will run due to the more gas and some of it not being burned.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 AM
grunho

Noobs are so funny besides reviving a dead thread, they´ve started talking about things that as nothing to do with it, corkit08 dont want to ofend you but you must be lying...
For 5 years that you´re doing rc and you don´t even know the basics ???

Please stick to the subject ... which is
Can nitro craw??
The anwers and opinions differ, nitro guys say yes( at least some do) eletric guys say: Keep On Dreaming...
Im a nitro guy...
altough when i saw that eletric Revo... i kinda of wish to have one of those instead of a Nitro Revo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.