Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:11 PM
BlackWolf42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Here are a few pics of my CRT. I love the Novarossi 528. Coming from an OS VSPEC, it's a world of difference. The brakes worried me at 1st. Until I took it to the track for a race, I didn't think they would be enough. Once they're scrubbed in, no problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31414.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	395069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31062.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	395070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38114.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	395071  
Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 AM
nitrosportdecals

Nice ride dude. That promises to be a lethal combination. You spent over 300 dollars on that motor, me suggests a 3 dollar prefilter to top it off. J.M.O.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:53 AM
nitrosportdecals

I am putting mine together now. Almost done. I am very impressed with everything about it from the quality to the reviews it has received. I am using the following: sportwerks .26, sportwerks pipe, hitech 9645 steering "I know there are better but I already have 4 of them", jr 450 ??? -"from mayhem steering". Does anybody have any advise on set up and on the parts that I should stock up. Should I invest in a jp1 or jp2 rather than sticking with the sportwerks pipe. And is there anything that I should do during the build that the instructions do not indicate. Thanks in advance and I can wait to run this thing.
Don't forget about the quality of servos being part of the handling equation. You want fast strong responsive servos otherwise it will still handle like a dog. I have in my Jammin a hitec 945 for steering and a jr 8800 for throttle/brake and yes, it is very responsive. Look for at least 150 oz of torque and a .13 second speed @6 volts for steering and look for at least 90 oz torque, .13 second speed for the throttle. My throttle has .08 second reaction, throttle/brake response is almost instantaneous. There are better servos out there, but these do right by me.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
edge540ts
My Feedback: (1)

I just about finished. I did order a few things fron a-main and got a few things at the hobby store. One piece engine mount, out drive boots, spare A-arms, spare clutch, spare rear hub carriers, racers edge foams. I did get the maxx size foams "not 40 series" and read that they need to be cut. Does anybody have any insight on this. Another question I have is that my epa on the transmitter is set a 125% on the steering and it seems that I may be able to get more wheel movement. (turn further). The only way that I can figure on doing this is to use a longer servo arm. Any ideas? Plus, did anybody trim areas to gain more steering, and if so , where? Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM
mini ripper

Yea I got mine about done as well just need to get the body painted and and glue the tyres on, put the wing on and er run it in.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
mini ripper

Hello all,
Just about finished. Just need to sort out the radio gear probaly going to go for the Spektrum system.

I reckon this is about the best model I have had and or built and cant wait to run it in.
I will be using Tornado 25% buggy fuel was meant to run it in 3 weeks ago but work commitments screwed that up for me. Never mind the job pays the bills.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46409.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	399256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57011.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	399257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36811.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	399258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37676.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	399259  
Old 02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
KY Mayhem

Hi all! Just ordered my CRT and cant wait. I used to have a couple of Mayhems but wanted something that handled a bit better. I bought the pro kit and a Picco .27 engine. I was wondering if there were any upgrades I need to go ahead and purchase or if there was anything I need to look out for. What do you think of Picco engines? Ill be running with a Spektrum and JR servos (9000t & 590)
Old 02-03-2006, 02:33 AM
NITROSENSE

Hi Jammin Guys, Just an update, here are some of the
new hop ups available for you CRT .

The Chassis Is 7075 aircraft billet, with Mil s Hard ano.
The top brace replaces the graphite one that shatters
and the Z brace is over sized and milled.
Also custom Tonys/BCE Chassis screw Kit.

If you need more info contact me at >>>>>

[email protected]

Thank you Bill
Old 02-04-2006, 09:44 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: KY Mayhem

Hi all! Just ordered my CRT and cant wait. I used to have a couple of Mayhems but wanted something that handled a bit better. I bought the pro kit and a Picco .27 engine. I was wondering if there were any upgrades I need to go ahead and purchase or if there was anything I need to look out for. What do you think of Picco engines? Ill be running with a Spektrum and JR servos (9000t & 590)
The first thing you should think about is boiling the wing stays, rear hub carriers and front hub carriers. These parts have failed on a small amount of CRTs. Some people have broken the carbon fiber steering plate and they either double them up or get the aluminum one from the ready to tun crt or get one from BCE, like I did. I havnt broken anything on my truck but I do keep a set of alloy rear hub carriers made for the kyosho 777 in case I break mine. The engine you chose has more than enough power but I do see people struggle alittle with the tuning on that engine that is why I run all RB Concept engines and tuning is not an issue. Dont use the stock white proline foam when you glue up the tires, get the trinity two stage foams. The stock foam breaks down fast. Your servos sound good. A good starting point for your diffs is 5000 to 7000 in the front, 50%10000 and 50% 30000 for the center....this comes out to be about 17250wt. And 2000 to 3000 in the rear. Try 45 wt losi shock oil all the way around for a good starting point on your shocks. Good luck on your build and try out truggyracers.com for some good jammin information. These are good starting point I'm suggesting, i'm sure people will tell you other set ups so take it as a starting point for a smooth driving style on a med traction track.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:01 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Can I ask where you got your Aluminum Rear Hubs at? I broke mine at the track friday when I slid the rear into the wall at the track [] (well, the right one I broke)
ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: KY Mayhem

The first thing you should think about is boiling the wing stays, rear hub carriers and front hub carriers. These parts have failed on a small amount of CRTs. Some people have broken the carbon fiber steering plate and they either double them up or get the aluminum one from the ready to tun crt or get one from BCE, like I did. I havnt broken anything on my truck but I do keep a set of alloy rear hub carriers made for the kyosho 777 in case I break mine. The engine you chose has more than enough power but I do see people struggle alittle with the tuning on that engine that is why I run all RB Concept engines and tuning is not an issue. Dont use the stock white proline foam when you glue up the tires, get the trinity two stage foams. The stock foam breaks down fast. Your servos sound good. A good starting point for your diffs is 5000 to 7000 in the front, 50%10000 and 50% 30000 for the center....this comes out to be about 17250wt. And 2000 to 3000 in the rear. Try 45 wt losi shock oil all the way around for a good starting point on your shocks. Good luck on your build and try out truggyracers.com for some good jammin information. These are good starting point I'm suggesting, i'm sure people will tell you other set ups so take it as a starting point for a smooth driving style on a med traction track.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Air_Alpheus

what does boiling the parts do?
Old 02-05-2006, 05:40 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Air_Alpheus

what does boiling the parts do?
It softens them....they dont shatter as easily....especially in the winter...the parts get cold...and shatter.

I got mine on www.amainhobbies.com. Do search for rear hubs. I got the ones marketed by racers edge. How hard did you hit the wall. If you hit the wall hard then aluminum isnt going to help you. If you hit hard enough the metal one would be ripped from the suspension arm. Sometimes it's good that some thing breaks to protect more expensive parts attached to them.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:19 AM
FE_Chris

Thanks for the link....I did not hit it that hard. it's cold here in michigan so sometimes things break. I just want to strengthen up my truck a bit and I think the hubs is a good place to start. I found 2 kinds. Both racers edge but they have differant degrees on them.

these are 0 degree http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2979

these are 1/2 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2051

Not suite sure which ones I would need.....MAN I LOVE THE JAMMIN!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:47 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

Thanks for the link....I did not hit it that hard. it's cold here in michigan so sometimes things break. I just want to strengthen up my truck a bit and I think the hubs is a good place to start. I found 2 kinds. Both racers edge but they have differant degrees on them.

I chose the 0 degree so you can mount them backwards, left on the right side and right on the left side and you can do this with the stock ones also and this will give you about 3/16th of an inch more wheel base with out worrying about the toe in. The 1/2 degree ones just give you more toe in which the jammin does not need. 2.5 degrees is more than I needed anywhere I ran
Old 02-05-2006, 12:35 PM
FE_Chris

Thanks bro, i'm gonna order those up ASAP.
ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

I chose the 0 degree so you can mount them backwards, left on the right side and right on the left side and you can do this with the stock ones also and this will give you about 3/16th of an inch more wheel base with out worrying about the toe in. The 1/2 degree ones just give you more toe in which the jammin does not need. 2.5 degrees is more than I needed anywhere I ran
Old 02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
ringneck

well the rear aluminum hubs are a must have in my opinion the 1st time i ran my crt both hubs broke on the same small jump. plus i went through 5 wingstays to. well last weekend when i got home from a race i took the radio/engine/shocks of the truck and put it in the dish washer for a good scrubbin and then sprayed it with wd40 well yesterday at an indoor race i barreld rolled my crt down the straight a way and broke nothing! the hot water and heat cycle from the dish washer made my crt much more flexible!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:44 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

well the rear aluminum hubs are a must have in my opinion the 1st time i ran my crt both hubs broke on the same small jump. plus i went through 5 wingstays to. well last weekend when i got home from a race i took the radio/engine/shocks of the truck and put it in the dish washer for a good scrubbin and then sprayed it with wd40 well yesterday at an indoor race i barreld rolled my crt down the straight a way and broke nothing! the hot water and heat cycle from the dish washer made my crt much more flexible!
Hey roscoe, your the angryest CRT guy I know. I thought you were dumping it. Anyway, the problems you have been having and others had to be a bad run of parts because I just dont hear any body having that much trouble with CRTs. Your stories caused me to buy all kinds of backup parts that I just have not needed.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:47 PM
ringneck

crazysavage if you race you need lots of backup parts period no matter the veicle as far as my crt it is still for sale i just dont have it on ebay yet but it is posted at my LHS. im still having some issues as well im really fighting the front brake hanging up and the brake cam bearing going bad. there is to much flex in this area around the center diff. this truck does handle well and i like racing it and i have some of the isuues worked out but this brake issue has got me lost ive replaced every part in this area and it will be ok for awhile then it starts to act up again. yesterday at my race i just took off the front brake all together for the main.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

crazysavage if you race you need lots of backup parts period no matter the veicle as far as my crt it is still for sale i just dont have it on ebay yet but it is posted at my LHS. im still having some issues as well im really fighting the front brake hanging up and the brake cam bearing going bad. there is to much flex in this area around the center diff. this truck does handle well and i like racing it and i have some of the isuues worked out but this brake issue has got me lost ive replaced every part in this area and it will be ok for awhile then it starts to act up again. yesterday at my race i just took off the front brake all together for the main.
I should have added LOL to my comment, it wasnt meant to offend you in any way. I always keep more parts than I need I,ve been racing for quite awhile. I just feel for you man... I just dont understand all the problems your having. I have seen the brake bearing problem come up a couple of times but a set of good flanged bearings has solved it every time. I do use brake bolts and I reccomend them to everyone who buys a CRT at our LHShttp://www.nitrohouse.com/images/Hyper_7,_parts/Hyper_7,_page_7.jpg and the little return springs help alot also. I have no issues with my brakes. I do this with every buggy type brake system I touch. I still use the bearings that came with the kit. Did you try the aluminum top center brace from the Ready to run truck or buggy? Maybe the carbon fiber doesnt stiffen things up enough for a hard braking driving stle, if that is how your driving. And please dont take offense to that, the brakes should be able to handle any amount of braking a racer chooses. Anyway, I hope you can recover some of your money and I'd like to hear from you about any experiences you have with what ever brand you change to. Good Luck.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
ringneck

dude i didnt take any offence to youre reply its cool man and are you gonna wacth the steelers kill the what ever their name is! as far as the brake issue i will try those thanks for that tip i never thought about useing those and i may try the aluminum diff and steering plate i really think most of the flex in the diff area comes from the stacked spacers. at least thats the way i see it i guess i have been kinda grouchy towards the crt huh![>:]
Old 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
danny f norman

hey guys i'm a MT guy but i want a truggy just seeing if any of you have the CRT RTR i'm thinking of getting one is it worth it
Old 02-05-2006, 08:02 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: danny f norman

hey guys i'm a MT guy but i want a truggy just seeing if any of you have the CRT RTR i'm thinking of getting one is it worth it
I broke in two of them the other day and I got to wring one out and it was dialed. If you break in the engine by letting two tanks idle through and blipping the throttle only to keep it running then put it on the ground and lean it a tick and start driving it you will be surprised at the throttle response and the over all power. The tires are very good on all surfaces and the diff did not let the fronts balloon. The tires won a championship race in Europe with a ready to run right out of the box with the stock engine. The steering servo had plenty of power and cranked the tires around even on grass. The throttle servo and radio flat out sucks. You cant get the break travel far enough to brake hard although the brakes are perfect no maint. fiber disk. The paint on the body even looks great although I dont like the body style. You just cant get the best out a nitro rc with out a good radio. I was so excited about the ready to run that I almost purchased one even though I have the pro kit sittin on my bench.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:12 PM
danny f norman

thanks for the advice i figured with the pro kit as good as it is the rtr would be sweet too
Old 02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: danny f norman

thanks for the advice i figured with the pro kit as good as it is the rtr would be sweet too
Dont even get the carbon fiber parts unless you are doing it for the coolness factor. The only upgrades I would suggest are the z brace and the monomount for the engine and the cnc chassis braces. Do the chassis braces first. If you buy the truck of course.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:38 PM
danny f norman

definently going to get it probally a month or so away though just bought a new MT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.