Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Loctite your LST2 screws!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 05:15 AM
PDXa4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loctite your LST2 screws!

where o' where was this post when i bought my truck! ( i know, right here) I dropped my front drive shaft after about the 4th tank. the only good thing is at least i know its not just me. Personally i hate RTRs for this very reason. why didn't losi offer this as both an rtr and kit? you learn sooooo much more about the truck when you put it together yourself. And, to me anyway thats half the fun of R/C cars is putting em together. Oh well maybe the LST3 will be a kit eh? wishfull thinking.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
screamin chicken

My friend had his fall out during break through, I knew that I would check mine after I got it out of the box it was tight, then I lost it, got another and used red and it still came out, let it sit over night and so far it's still in.I know theres a flat spot but the screw only gets to tighten down on half of the shaft in mine, making the set screw sit out some, is this normal.....
Old 06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
SUNA

You're not seating the set screw properly then. It should almost be flush. There is a flat spot on the shaft that the set screw should seat against. Try again.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:17 AM
screamin chicken

I had to do it twice with lock tight, and yes I had it on the flat spot, but it's all good now (crosses finger)....
Old 07-01-2006, 05:32 PM
colrod12

My dumb azz didn't listen, finally got the lst2 Runnig Perfect. and wha happuns? its now front wheel drive[:@] I'm toooo stooopid to live[:'(]

hope the LHS has them Fnn grub screws[&o] makes me wanna get enough red lock, to dip my whole truck in it
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 AM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

hopefully getting an lst2 soon, will the lst2s at this time have threadlocked screws or no?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:05 AM
bakersfield basher

Use a drill or a dremal tool to make a sizable dent in the shaft your grub screw sits on and some red locktite and it will never move again.............I said shaft[sm=lol.gif]
Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 AM
francesco.zangaro

I suspect some dealers have opened their trucks and played with them before they send them to customs. There is certainly no quality control as it does in the factory in this process.

I am getting my LST2 next week. I hope my dealer does not mass up my truck before seding it to me. Is there any list of check I need to do before I start the engine and hops up I must have for this truck?

Many thanks in advanced!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:59 PM
bakersfield basher

Just read the manual and maybe search this forum for the break in method of your choice, and just upgrade as you break stuff but it's a great truck right out of the box.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 AM
francesco.zangaro

Thanks, where do you get your hops up?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:02 PM
bakersfield basher

My LHS (local hobie shop) or losipartshouse.com or ebay or killer hobies.

What upgrades are you thinking of getting?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
francesco.zangaro

Not sure what to get yet. I would like to seal the bottom of the truck but not sure it is a good idea or is there any parts available. Just got my truck yesterday. It is fantastics. Almost done with the break in.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
francesco.zangaro

My lst2 runs so nicely now. It is amazing. So I think I am done with Nitro now. What is the next? Petrol or electric? For the petrol, I like Lauterbacher a lot. J&A T3 Mamba looks good as well. Any suggestion? Not sure about the electric one yet.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:42 AM
toize03

Hey Suna
WHere did you get this pic? Do you even have an LST2? Did I sell it to you cause this is my pic. I dont remember giveing out to any one unless you snaked it on ebay. Oh Well I must have sold you yours.

Small world
Old 11-24-2006, 04:44 AM
KillerKiwi
Banned

Some screws on my Muggy, (the ones that hold down the servos top plate) popped out half way and were hit by driving over some moguls at the raceway, it bent the screws and shoved them upward making it look like the servo top plate was bent, the screws were a pain to get out and I was wondering where to get Loctite and what type to buy?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:37 AM
tnnhoward

Loc Tite can be purchased at any Auto Parts House, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, O'Rileys, NAPA, etc.

Red is the strongest. Need to heat to remove or you will strip out the hex or break the wrench. Also called Stud Lock. Use on drive line grub screws or set screws. Don't get it on the shaft or pin, just the threads and screw.

Blue is a medium Strength and can be purchased as Gap Filling. I use on the wheel nuts. Easier to break loose, but hold good once it dries.

Don't get carried away, it only takes a drop on the threads. Threads need to be clean, oil free. To get full advantage, let set overnight.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:35 PM
axon22

Actually green locktite is the strongest. I think its locktite 690. NEVER use this on an rc because it is resistant to heat, vibration, solvents, and Godly forces. Red is the most anyone would want to use. blue is vibration resistant, but can be broken free to replace parts if need be.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:43 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: axon22

Actually green locktite is the strongest. I think its locktite 690. NEVER use this on an rc because it is resistant to heat, vibration, solvents, and Godly forces. Red is the most anyone would want to use. blue is vibration resistant, but can be broken free to replace parts if need be.
I've used the green stuff in the past - just a small drop will hold about anything. It is pretty tough...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:19 PM
IN2RC
My Feedback: (1)

New LST2. My front driveshaft set screw fell out on first day. Rear screw was still there but loose. I found the replacements at ACE Hardware and used the blue locktite. No problems since. Also had wheel depart on first day. Tightened all 4. I have since gone over all the screws and tightnened as needed. Love my LST!!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:58 PM
njdoughboy

It was warm here in Jersey for a coupla days so I splurged yesterday and got my new LST2. Due to my great luck we are now having the biggest snowstorm of the year! Can't think about anything else but running my new toy once warmer weather returns.

Dumb question: Should the screws on the engine head be loctited?

Of note - one screw on the engine head was unscrewed about half way out.

Also, another dumb question: Some of the screws acted like they were loctited, but I couldn't see any blue or red on them.
I did see something clear or opaque flaking off - is there a clear or white loctite?

Thanks all.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:15 PM
bakersfield basher

You could use some mild loctite I don't know how much that will help because heat liquifies loctite Ive never needed it.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
losifiend

I just use crazy glue for the drive shaft screw(and other importand set screws). When I need to remove them I just heat them up with a propane torch. Havent had a problen ever coming loose.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:43 AM
dlarrivee

Mine doesn't seem to have all these loose screws or lack of thread lock like all of you...
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Well lets hope they fixed teh issue. I will be getting my new LST2 in about a week from now, and I plan on going over it with a fine tooth comb and red and blue loctite.
I will report back here what I find out
Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 PM
ccalum02

I never had any problems with screws backing out, tho my mate had 3 screws fall out from the pan-steering servo plate spacers on his Muggy between tanks 6-9

Think its just luck of the draw with TL trucks if you get one that was made on Monday morning or Friday afternoon! []

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.