Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X, LST2, or Hellfire???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Kanza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage X, LST2, or Hellfire???

A tip for your body melting exhaust: Losi sells nomex tape that might provide a buffer the pipe and the shell. I use some of this on my Savage. The part number is LOSA9343.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:06 PM
EZZZROCK

i have owened all traxxas cars i have about four of them i just brought a savage x after i break the savage in i will tell you whats the best truck
Old 03-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Chronic

......in your opinion. Some people like the Traxxas products, but others don't. I personally would prefer the Savage X to anything made by Traxxas, and I haven't even driven a Savage X yet. Depends on what you do as well as what you expect it to do.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:45 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the way people are talking, sounds like the Savage is going to have some VERY tough comp with the new Revo.. I mean, with that power upgrade to the Revo, which was already much faster than a Savage..
Old 03-14-2006, 02:01 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just found an LST2 for €630 - €100 less than usual..
Old 03-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Kanza

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

From the way people are talking, sounds like the Savage is going to have some VERY tough comp with the new Revo.. I mean, with that power upgrade to the Revo, which was already much faster than a Savage..
Trying to compare the Revo to the Savage would be the same as trying to compare the Savage to the LST. The Savage was never intended to be a race truck. HPI was just looking to introduce a solid basher into the market. The Revo and the LST came after monster truck racing became popular, so their designs reflect that trend.

Even though the Revo and the LST have very different designs, the end result is the same. They both have a low center of gravity, lots of suspension travel, and good gearing. The Revo is smaller and lighter than the Savage, so it uses small block engines that rev higher and faster. The TRX2.5 is actually .18 ci (or 2.5 cc for the metric world), while the new TRX3.3 is probably closer to .18 ci. The Savage has to use engines that are .25 ci (4.1 cc) and bigger to get it's heavy butt moving. If you're racing, the Revo might be the way to go. From what the racers in my area are telling me, the Revo's only great weakness is it's straightline stability. Many of them are lengthening their chassis in order to keep the truck from flipping over during hard acceleration. Traxxas has lengthened the new TRX3.3 version in response this issue.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

actually, the TRX 2.5 is a .15. a .18 would be 3.0cc.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Kanza

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

actually, the TRX 2.5 is a .15. a .18 would be 3.0cc.

That's what I meant for the TRX2.5, I just ran out of caffeine. You're right about the TRX3.3 in that it is probably bigger than a .18. The .21's are 3.5 cc, so the TRX3.3 might be a .20 (if Traxxas is sticking to putting the cc measurement in the engine's name).
Old 03-18-2006, 01:06 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

it's already been decided that it's a .20:P or therebouts, lol. actually somewhere between .19 and .20