Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Comp-Arf Lightning

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Comp-Arf Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Comp-Arf Lightning

Gary I weighed mine the other day. It was 40 lbs with Tams smoke system , P 180 and blue box cockpit. I did not have to add any weight to the nose. I only have four flights on it. After the first the temp probe went out . After the second and third I developed a air leak. Any one building the Lightning need to check the tightness of the retract rams. Mine were hand tight. On my Forth flite the steel 6 mm pin that is between the strut and retract snaped. After looking at it I think it was made out of to hard of materal. Another change I will make is not to grind flats on the pin close to the top of the retract. I have been experancing the main doors blowing open. I was told to put a plastic angle in frount of door to upset the air flow. I will try this this week end . Has any one else had a problem with the pins? Thanks Dan Avilla
Old 03-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, I dont want to make you go to a lot of trouble but I was wondering if you have any close up pics of your Blue Box cockpit installation so I know what has to be removed from the cockpit before installation and where you actually mounted the cockpit and how it is mounted? If it is too much trouble don't worry about it, I will make it up as I go!!

Dan, do you not have any lead in the nose of your plane at all? Thanks, GAry
Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Dan

No U/C problems at all.

Gear doors...I'm guessing you have what I had, when the gear door ram has no air in it the door sits flat, with air pressure the front edge just raises? It's the clearance/flex in the tube allowing the door to bow slightly.
I supported the hinges down to the top skin and it cured my problem

Dave Wilshere
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Gary
Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Gary I sent you a E mail so I can send you pictures. After looking at your platform I think I made mine longer. Up front I have a 3300 nmh that Jet Cat supply long ways almost touching the nose. Behind it are 2 1900 Dualities and then my 3 jet tronic valves, 2 retract 1 brake. plus sequencer. Then 2 air tanks. The platform that go's against the retract bulkhead I have smoke pump, propane,fuel valves and fuel pump. Mine came in about 1/8 nose heavy.

Dave did you add a off set hinge in the middle between the stock set up ??

Thanks Dan
Old 03-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Dan

No, std hinge arrangement, just supported.

Regards
Dave