Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HASBRO MAKING NITRO CARS!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HASBRO MAKING NITRO CARS!?!?!?!

ORIGINAL: michelob78

There could only be good things that come out of this. A major company like Hasbro getting involved in the hobby has many benefits. For one other manufacturers will feel the pinch, sure they are not race oriented but bashers keep the hobby going and if newcomers want to try out RC they are going to do so at less cost. That will keep other companies from inflating their prices, since they don't want to price themselves right out of competition. It would also be pretty cool to run down to Wal-Mart and grab a gallon of nitro........ I don't think it would hurt the hobby shops any worse than the internet.

As for the danger.........that goes with anything really. That's why companies have disclaimers.
The beginners will have to break-in the engine, which isn't easy for a little kid and have to keep tuning and retuning, a after runoil, glow plugs, parts, and when it breaks it'll get thrown away. Very bad idea for Hasbro. Nitro in wal-mart? Use RCers are not going to be able to buy it because of that, its either we have to have our parents buy it of we'd have to carry a license of some sort. It wouls suck for Wal-Mart to start having good RC's; my LHS sucks as it is.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:59 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The flipping one ain't gonna work. Oh yea, it has no suspension.

One more thing, I bet a 100% bashing preped all aluminum with stock motor, street tires, radio, and ESC will beat it on the track.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:03 PM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dracohowe

lol watch kids bring these to tracks. lol
oh wow I'd love that, hey man I wanna race, look my car is crazy fast it goes 25 mph! I know amazing huh? Then they venture out of the in their minds completely overpriced hobby shop (lol) and out to the track and see revos going near 50 on the straigaways and 1/8th scale onroads flying by and then pan cars... I hope when I start racing there'll be a bunch of these cars so I can whoop em all! lol although I bet the kids would suck at driving and smash into the race trucks which would really suck...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

How can it drive upside down without the engine cutting off....
a weighted klunk pickup... like used in weedeater engines
Old 07-13-2006, 05:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: CapUSA
and then ten years later, lunchboxer will get one to add to his collection.
Only if they're sold new at Tower as a modified reissue
Old 07-13-2006, 05:16 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

The flipping one ain't gonna work. Oh yea, it has no suspension.

One more thing, I bet a 100% bashing preped all aluminum with stock motor, street tires, radio, and ESC will beat it on the track.
HOLY CRAP, i've never seen somebody act like such an elitist about a friggin toy. Get over it, man, you're so mad you can't even type straight I can't understand a word you just said
Old 07-13-2006, 06:34 PM
ElToroLoco.

well, will these cars be reliable? In nitro, parts break(even if youre going that slow) and engines need tuning. If something goes wrong, will the walmart people know what to do? hopefully the parts are interchangeable unlike toy cars. also, i bet these cars dont even have ball bearings, turnbuckles, or even many upgrades(other than new wheels, bodys). I think hasboro is chartering in an area where it shouldnt be, as they dont realize who will be getting them, and how much maintainence is required.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:51 PM
itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: Doahh

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

How can it drive upside down without the engine cutting off....
Yeah I was thinking it would have something like a airplane style fuel tank that is kind of recessed into the chassis so it would have the same fuel flow at all times. Though it's gonna bounce around everywhere with no suspension, even at 25 MPH, and will break way more parts if you take it off jumps.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

anybody seen pictures of these things yet? I'm curious....
Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM
ElToroLoco.

yeah so am I... They will come soon
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM
-Inverted-

Well I know about those and the special tanks such as the ones used in the MGT, and planes and heli's. What I meant is it doesnt seem like Hasbro would put in something like that, but who knows I guess.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 PM
boltech

I am amazed at how worked up you all are over this... Electric RC's for kids that do 25Mph have been around for years and no one had gotten hurt or killed. I think Hasbro chose that top speed for a reason... would you give an 8 year old a 60+ Mph missile?
If Hasbro says that it will run on both sides then IT WILL... planes and helis fly upsidedown all the time for long periods without cutting out.

If they show up at the track or on my street then so be it... I for one will trim the throttle back and at least make them feel good about their gift. I don't believe in picking on kids. It’s like totally owning your 10 year old brother or sister in bball. Would you rub it in their faces after? Would it feel like an awesome win when you see them looking at their toy in disappointment?

I say if they want to offer nitro in cars so be it... they won't be high precision engines anyhow... so tuning would be next to nil... there may be some break in but it will probably be running a tad rich. Thus the slow speed also. I'm actually itching the get and strip down one of the cars to see what it is all about. Good thing Wal-Mart has a very liberal return refund policy

"Um yeah I got this for my daughter but my wife is making me return it because she thinks it's dangerous"
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM
boltech

in terms of durability... well to get speed you have cut back somewhere.. these things are slow...so i'm thinking they will be Tonka tough.. I've seen Tonkas take a real beating and still hold together better than most pro RC's
too bad they don't do RC's ...
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

boltech, I can't argue with your logic.

I've got an old Tonka bulldozer...I wonder how hard it'd be to swap in the drivetrain from a Kyosho Nitro Blizzard
Old 07-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Medrivfast

These things are not going to be throw away R/C's. If you read the whole thing than you would have seen that Hobby Town will be the authorized service support. If i missed it than please correct me. But it never stated what the scale size it will be.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 PM
J_D

sounds like a good way to get younger kids into nitro, i dont see anything bad about it.... just a lot of whingers...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Pics http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060712/...ring_hasbro_dc
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
pythonfan

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060712/p...YzBHNlYwN0bXA-
Old 07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
pythonfan

http://www.kallanhobby.com.hk/Specia...ial_offer.html

Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM
-Inverted-

The one that can supposedly travel on both sides is absolutely hideous.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 PM
pythonfan

for sure

The other one looks a little stockey!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:01 AM
mikewoodkozar

have we been taking about the warhead, lol
Old 07-14-2006, 01:02 AM
RCDAD2

LOL read through the thread ....banning...burning...kids getting hurt....this happens doing anything

My 2 kids have been running RC electric for awhile now and are both UNDER 12 and running nitro's now...are any kids DUMB NO they just make bad choices or their parents choose not to show them the right/safe way to do/use the items they give them...All i can see if this being GOOD for the hobby as a whole in bring MORE kids & parents into the RC community and getting more of them involved bringing the hobby up not down overall...and when they get older some of them will still be in the hobby and want or get they hobby class car/truck's that alot of us run today..will some kids get hurt unfortunately yes..due to unsafe/bad choices and no parent to teach & supervise them with the hobby

having a low cost nitro out there will allow more people to try out nitro to see if they like it before stepping into the BIG $$$$$ for the hobby class ones
Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 AM
Raylon

ORIGINAL: RCDAD2
are any kids DUMB NO they just make bad choices
Haha, I can object to that. There are plenty of dumb kids out there. Bad choices are what make people dumb. Sucking fuel tank out of a car's gas tank with a straw?(Heard about in D.A.R.E. class a while back) That is a bad choice, which makes him dumb. Picking up a minibike by the exhaust connected to a motor that has just been running? A dumb, bad choice. But then again just because you make a bad choice doesn't make you dumb, it's all about real world common sense.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Ryan11

omg picking it up by the exhaust D8 Now that is stupid. But i think they'll be OK especially for the price. But yea if theyre built like a TL-01 then I'd buy one and swap all the electrics and motor with something better.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.