Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Ultra Bandit crash St Charles?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Ultra Bandit crash St Charles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:59 AM
General Jake

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BVM Ultra Bandit crash St Charles?

Chris,

Drinking, mowing lawn, and running someone over is not the issue. The issue is that you are not wearing a seatbelt.

Mike
But my neighbors say I look good.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:11 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think there were some comments in the Shulman thread related to canopy compressing, but I've slept since then.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 PM
rusty55125
My Feedback: (6)

I don't really take things like this as an attack, as I stated before I thought it was funny. I really don't care who flies and understand that everyone wants some air time, but some types of aircraft just don't mix. Hovering close to the ground and a jet or military plane doing high speed passes are not a good combination. I like to do my fair share of high speed passes and wouldn't want to hit some poor us suspecting hovering 3D plane, nor would I want to be on the receiving end. It's all good! I was just curious about what happened. When things like this happen to me, and I mean unexplained events, I like to find out why?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
ThomasP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see you are using a Deere, you are not all bad.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Glorfindel

ORIGINAL: sc0tt

ORIGINAL: rusty55125
I was also there and watched the whole thing and at the time of the failure, it was not doing an average speed pass! It actually was actually finishing up one of it faster down wind passes of the flight. I would be more concerned if it was going at a slower speed when this happened. The UB was very fast and fun to watch, but it's fortunate that it had already gotten past the show center when it let go. Although with this type of failure and the way it happened, it wouldn't have done any damage anyway other than to itself. It slowed down right away and floated to the ground.
Jets are great and fun to watch but doing so many high speed passes and hard pulls to demonstrate the capabilities can be hard on any airframe. The key is to learn from this and maybe do more inspections before each flight particularly after doing some of these demo flights.
This thread is already full of irrelevant info & I should let this one go, but...
I assume you do not fly jets or have attended a lot of jet events (please don't take offense) I say this because most people are not used to the speeds involved & get the "holy $h!t" expression when they see this kind of flying. Yes the UB did do a haul ***** pass prior to turning on the downwind. However, the speed was slower prior to breaking apart. The reason I said "average" speed in my opinion is because I thought it was just that. Yes he was moving quick, but not anything excessive. You saw the kingcat's numerous times at roughly the same speeds. Go to any jet event and you see this over & over again without incident and it's not always reps doing it. A few of my club members used to comment I was flying too fast, but over time they realize its normal for jets.

Regarding airframe inspection - that should be common sense no matter what you fly. If you were trying to imply a safety issue let me ask this - Do you think hovering a few feet in front of your face is 100% safe? (check your avatar) I've seen more things go wrong & people hurt doing that than by any jet zipping by. No matter what you fly, doing it safely should always apply.

From now on let's just keep our opinions to ourselves. Only the facts from those directly involved should be posted. If there is an issue, BVM will surely have an AD posted & correct future product (ie the old kingcat booms)

Now lets all get back to flying & enjoy our great hobby.
...Scott

Wow!!!!! Were are we??? Look dude, it's an rc forum!!! The very object of this kind of forum IS to talk about RC jet, event, crash ect...But , like other people here said, it's a BVM plane, so, the dudes that paid more than 10k for a BVM jet want to believe it worth it...But the very fact is it crashed and the airframe (canopy,wings, frame or any dam parts of the plane) have something to do with it!! So, some people love to speculate about that?? Fine with me. Who are you to tell people what to say or not??? Anyway BVM will came with a lame excuses....
Old 07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
seanreit

I don't think I agree with you. A bandit crashed a year or two ago, and the initial explanation was something to do with the spar system, and later we found out the airplane had had a belly landing where some damage might have occured, and then also found out later that there was an addedum or instruction that said you can't be filing on the composite spar, and that maybe it had something to do with it.

My experiance with this company is that they are very quiet in the initial stages of something that might be "unexplained" and they do their due dilligence to find out what the cause is.

There is nothing wrong with that by the way.

And I'm guessing you have not owned one, or you might be saying something different. If you read my posts, you'll see that I'm one of the first to throw in .02 when I see something pretty screwed up in design.

I've seen a few UB's up close, and it is a very well thought out machine. Not perfect, but certainly EXCELLENT.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Glorfindel

That's not my point....Are they good plane? Sure. The best plane all around? Maybe yes, i have no problem with that. Do they worth the price? Hell no!! (it's my opinion and please, i hope we will not start this war again...) Do BVM will do his homework to find the problem? sure it will. Do i have the right to speculate or exchage informations on an RC forum, or ask question about a BVM plane that just crashed? You bet!!! (that's my point...)

BTW, i dont own a BVM plane, but friends of mine does. I saw how they're built, i saw the very well made instructions. But for me, they are just expensive toy for rich people, who (most of them) dont know how to built and setup a plane. So they need uncle Bob to do the job for them. It's ok with me, but it's not my cup of tea...
Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 PM
seanreit

Talk about evidence of stereotypes.

Excuse my French [:@]
Old 07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Sean---------------- The French guy is right
Old 07-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW! Go to bead Sean and re-set the CPU again and maybe these guys will calm down.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:45 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Glorfindel
Anyway BVM will came with a lame excuses....
Hmmmmmmmmmm……..could you give us an example of one you have seen him give before?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

BVM = Easytiger

shhhhhhhh don't spread it around
Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
tp777fo

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

How come no body wanted to bash SM after my Hawk that came apart on the test flight? From what I read here several "import" airplanes have been turned into smokin' holes due to structural failure but the bashing bandwagon never left the station. BV's airplanes are no different if you build and fly model airplanes you are going to crash occasionally. I've smoked high dollar ones and the el cheapo's... it goes with the territory. Live with it or get a new hobby! If you dont like BV dont buy his products just like I wont buy any more bottom dollar imports just quit bashing everyone. Oh yea I hate Mercedes just because I cant afford one.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:59 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

If you dont like BV dont buy his products just like I wont buy any more bottom dollar imports ....

So you're quitting the hobby?? hahaha.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
tp777fo

Nope..just disgusted with all the BS. I dont have a single BV jet in the stable and it's not because I cant afford them
Old 07-21-2007, 03:11 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

JEEEEEEEZ. OK, I'm a total newb. But I'd like to give MY .02 just the same.

1) Speculation based on rumors, without FACTS, is pointless and potentially harmful to innocent parties. It's like getting stuck in the mud and just flooring the pedal until you're buried past the axle. It digs a deeper hole and makes a huge mess. Can't we just wait for the facts to come to light before crucifying a manufacturer, builder, pilot etc??? Can't we be gentlemen about these issues? Can't we leave the useless speculation to Nancy Grace and Gretta Van Whats-her-face?

2) It doesn't MATTER who owns what or can afford what. Bashing someone for owning a BVM is childish and petty. It degrades the hobby in particular and the Jet genre in particular. Flames are an affront to the more level headed gentlmen reading these forums and the flamers should be ashamed. Or get a grip. Or a life. Or get l@1d. Try decaf.

3) I can easily afford a BVM (or ten) but choose not to. My next jet may be a BVM or it might be scratch built. So what. It's no skin off of anyone's nose. Right? Right!

4) Tom, you're not missing anything by not having the Mercedes. I've driven them on and off for 35 years. The last one was pure junk. 3 months in shop in 1st year. Never again. Driving a Chevy truck now. Love it :-)

G'nite Y'all.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:58 AM
tp777fo

Wouldn't trade my Bowling Green fiberglass hot rod for any Mercedes!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:44 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Glorfindel

It's always funny to see those BVM related threads...First of all, i can afford one, or two, maybe even 3 if my wife is not to aware..lol!! But thats not the point. It's just funny to see how some people react. I think BVM didnt worht the price, then it MUST be 'cause i cant afford one...Very funny...

Someone remember about the modification of the elevator of the bobcat and how BVM was acting???

Finaly, i'm not french, I'm from Quebec, Canada, so stop your stupid, racist remarks. I found it very special that admin here tolerate racists remarks
Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 PM
JetCatJimmy

Careful there. If you check your signature for ALL your posts, it says the following:

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french!

You CAN'T fault us for being racist if you're the culprit. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...
Old 07-21-2007, 12:14 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

WOW!!! you mean there is somebody else out there with logic and common sense???

Right on highhorse!!!

ORIGINAL: highhorse

JEEEEEEEZ. OK, I'm a total newb. But I'd like to give MY .02 just the same.

1) Speculation based on rumors, without FACTS, is pointless and potentially harmful to innocent parties. It's like getting stuck in the mud and just flooring the pedal until you're buried past the axle. It digs a deeper hole and makes a huge mess. Can't we just wait for the facts to come to light before crucifying a manufacturer, builder, pilot etc??? Can't we be gentlemen about these issues? Can't we leave the useless speculation to Nancy Grace and Gretta Van Whats-her-face?

2) It doesn't MATTER who owns what or can afford what. Bashing someone for owning a BVM is childish and petty. It degrades the hobby in particular and the Jet genre in particular. Flames are an affront to the more level headed gentlmen reading these forums and the flamers should be ashamed. Or get a grip. Or a life. Or get l@1d. Try decaf.

3) I can easily afford a BVM (or ten) but choose not to. My next jet may be a BVM or it might be scratch built. So what. It's no skin off of anyone's nose. Right? Right!

4) Tom, you're not missing anything by not having the Mercedes. I've driven them on and off for 35 years. The last one was pure junk. 3 months in shop in 1st year. Never again. Driving a Chevy truck now. Love it :-)

G'nite Y'all.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man---I absolutely love my wife's supercharged Mercedes that I bought for her...Never had a problem...And runs like a scalded dog....Like my BVM jets that I have owned...[8D]...

Let BVM do a complete post crash analysis....All of this conspiracy crap is just that---CRAP!!...Just wait for the results to come out.

Kevin
Old 07-21-2007, 12:27 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Glorfindel
“Finaly, i'm not french, I'm from Quebec, Canada, so stop your stupid, racist remarks. I found it very special that admin here tolerate racists remarks. I think i will start to call people nigger and fXXXing Jew, just to see how it will goes...â€

Gentlemen

If this diatribe continues, I will be forced to lock this thread. If you feel that a particular statement(s) in a post offends you, please report it to the moderators and it would be taken care of. If you knowingly start using racial slurs, you will be placed in moderation status without any further warnings.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

Gentlemen

If this diatribe continues, I will be forced to lock this thread. If you feel that a particular statement(s) in a post offends you, please report it to the moderators and it would be taken care of. If you knowingly start using racial slurs, you will be placed in moderation status without any further warnings.
Race? Race was not ever mentioned or referred to. That was a cheap shot on part of GLORFINDEL.

Regardless, PM sent to moderator respecting his difficult job. His forums, his rules. The next time I read such a broadly offensive flame from Quebec or Mars or anywhere else I will refrain from taking the bait. I will simply copy the moderator in and let him handle it.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:29 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Racist Freekin' remark? What the...

Glorifindel comes on here claiming some racist accusations and responds with "I'm not French, I'm from Canada you stupid racist!"

Yet his signature says "Sorry for my bad English...I'm French"

Gimme' a break. His posts should be removed, or at least discounted as those of a tool.

I don't like his stupid accusations.

Should be immediately put on moderated status without warning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.