Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

I bought a boat... Need info and critics

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

I bought a boat... Need info and critics

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I bought a boat... Need info and critics

ORIGINAL: rclover95

WOW....... THIS FORUM IS BETTER THEN WATCHING TV
LOL...as long as we ALL keep it civil and objective,it wont get cancelled.......
Old 05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
RaceCraftRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think get scooters in CA has some of them but I don't know for shure, ( They were haveing troble when we were) By the way I was smart enough to see a turd and walk away R U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM
RaceCraftRC

sorry I am not trying be rude but I think it is our civic responabilty, to help keep people informed, that is the point of the fourms, and many of use work very hard for what little extra cash we get to spend on our big boy toys, and it doe's no one any good to pull punchs. Nothing against anyone here and I wish Mike the best of luck, I hope he has good success with it but I don't want others reading this to belive any hype there are two sides to every story and someware in the middle is the truth!! thanks now I am ranting just don't want it to get pulled , they are really nice looking boats maybee they have inproved them in the last year .. AX
Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Mike SVOR
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: AvoidingExpert

By the way I was smart enough to see a turd and walk away R U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
I'm smart enough to make it work properly. R U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Mike SVOR

I started it up yesterday and it runs fine.

I have a water pump and cable on the way.
This motor has plenty of power to get this boat on plane.

As soon as my water pump and drive cable get here, I'm planning on taking it out.
I'll get video of it on plane.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 AM
thevirginian

C'mon you guys,
Let's give him at least a chance to try his boat. Don't be so prejudice. I can imagine that Mike knows so much how to improve the most obvious flaws of this "turd" to make a halfway decent boat out of it. I only hope for him that all necessary improvements and repairs are not going to cost him too much, over time. But if he spent only $529.00 (+shipping) he is still 50% cheaper than a Proboat Miss Budweiser and has plent of money left for those improvements. Mike, we are all ears. Let's hear from your test run and watch a video [8D] I wish you the best of luck for a successful test run.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM
RaceCraftRC

I was just worried by the last video that you might not know what a hydro looks like on plane, if I get a sec I will draw u a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36968.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	944994  
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Mike SVOR

ORIGINAL: AvoidingExpert

I was just worried by the last video that you might not know what a hydro looks like on plane, if I get a sec I will draw u a pic
wow, I didn't know a hydroplane doesn't plane out until around 150 mph. [&o]
Dude, you need some serious teaching.
I'm not the one who's gona even try.
Get some of the forum regulars or even some mods to help you understand the definition of a boat on plane.

Just don't do it in this thread. Try PM or something.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Mike SVOR

Here, I'll throw you a bone.

26 seconds in, the boat is considered 'on plane'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zJW...eature=related
Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
webdr

Mike, you should just stop with the snappy replies and bad attitude. You asked for the critics and you got them. You really did buy a .... aweful boat, Im sorry.

The boat will plane out on the front sponsons but will run wet as hell in the back. A hydro should barely be touching in the back, with almost all of the lifting done at the prop. The engine in your boat will not swing any prop fast enough to lift it out of the water, and the video of it running shows it.

You will probally have fun w/ it and for all anyone knows, it could last over a year w/o any issues. But if and when something goes wrong w/ it and you start upgrading, youll really be in the hole with what you could have gotten for the same price.

Those ebay-china-slave-labor-built boats are specifically made for rc'ers to learn what not to do the first time around.[:@]
Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Mike SVOR

Yea, I'm about done with this forum.

I'm being told incorrect information by people that don't even know what the term 'on plane' means.

I KNOW this hull is fine. I've owned RC boats before. Seaducer w/ k+b .45 outboard, dumas tunnel hull....
I've owned a real boat since I was 10. My current boat does close to 60 mph. I built the mercury engine that's on the back of it.
I ....... know what 'plane' means for a boat. I know how a hull works.
I don't need some ....... following me around telling me a boat is junk because it was built in ..............................
I can look at the hull and tell it's fine.

So now a 2 stroke motor can't make power unless it says zenowhaaa....
geeze.
If I was a mod here, i'd be ......... embarrassed to have some of these members on my forum.
I've never ran into this much mis-information on a single thread, by people who tell others they know what they're doing.

There is absolutely nothing that can't be done to this boat. It's made of fiberglass.

I'll post a vid when I throw it in the water, but I think that's all I can offer. I think I need to find another board with a little more open-minded members.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
rclover95

I THINK ITS TIME FOR THE CAPTAIN TO STEP IN............
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 AM
mopartybob

LMAO....Cmon Mike,This forum as with others,are for learning and expanding our boating knowledge,while some of the info provided did not meet your approval,it's up to you to weed out and use what you can to your benefit,and as I stated before along with others,we are just trying to help you avoid a costly mistake. I personally hope you stay on board long enough to follow-thru with your evaluation of this boat,as the proliferation of the market with these "junk" boats has/is making it hard to determine if they are supporting/undermining our hobby...[8D]
Old 05-08-2008, 01:28 PM
webdr

ORIGINAL: Mike SVOR

I think I need to find another board with a little more open-minded members.

Happy trails. And please dont come to "the dock".....you think RCU members tell it like it is?.......
Old 05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
mopartybob

[:-]
Old 05-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Mike SVOR

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

ORIGINAL: webdr

ORIGINAL: Mike SVOR

I think I need to find another board with a little more open-minded members.

Happy trails. And please dont come to "the dock".....you think RCU members tell it like it is?.......
GOOBERS..???did he call us GOOBERS...??? .... [>:] what an ingrate.... I can hardly contain myself...
No Bob, I was referring to AvoidingExpert as being a "goober".
On second thought, Yea, I believe I was refering to the majority of posts in this thread.

I'd like to thank the one person who helped me with the purchase of my new 7 dollar drive cable, by giving me a store name to purchase from.

Other than that,
You guys can all go hug and be brand specific fan boiz
Old 05-08-2008, 02:38 PM
RaceCraftRC

Mike I just told you the truth sorry if you don't like hearing it but your hearing it, from other s 2, and my pic for a hydro on plane is dead on wth is wrong with you NOOB, there I said it you sir are a NOOB , and probabley a TOOL, Have a great day, AX
Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
webdr

Hey, he's not a NOOB, He's got a REAL boat......with a MERCURY.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 PM
RaceCraftRC

ORIGINAL: webdr

Hey, he's not a NOOB, He's got a REAL boat......with a MERCURY.
Thats well just plain funny I have just had enough not trying to be fun but wow this one is something else , Hey the carolina showdown is coming up maybe he would like to come up here and we could race !!!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM
RaceCraftRC

Old 05-08-2008, 07:06 PM
misshydro

Oh Boy this thread is getting out of hand.[X(] The proboat hydros are faster then that boat. But you realy need to rework that entire boat. I'd almost bought one but changed my mind. I'll wait to pickup a use proboat or get a new pro hull and build from there.[8D] I know some people can be hard headed. I'm one of them. When I'd joined this sight I'd wanted to put a .21 in a miss bud strait shaft hydro,Had some guys saying a newbie couldnt do it. Well I'd proved them wrong,it wasnt as fast as I'd hoped it would be,but It did it. Now some of the guys are Saying I'm nuts to put a CMB.21RS red head in my proboat hydro it would be to much for that hull,But this time she will fly.But at times I do lisen to these guys advices. But all I'm saying is lets see what he can do with this hydro?? some of us thinks it's a turd. Just dont like the cowl and sponsons looks. the guy would mentioned the vegas and .21 in it,should be kicked out of gas?? well he'd was just giving some good advice.[8D] I do have a team striker supercat That is my next project,so I'm learning on the gas part.[8D]
Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
rclover95

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Oh Boy this thread is getting out of hand.[X(] The proboat hydros are faster then that boat. But you realy need to rework that entire boat. I'd almost bought one but changed my mind. I'll wait to pickup a use proboat or get a new pro hull and build from there.[8D] I know some people can be hard headed. I'm one of them. When I'd joined this sight I'd wanted to put a .21 in a miss bud strait shaft hydro,Had some guys saying a newbie couldnt do it. Well I'd proved them wrong,it wasnt as fast as I'd hoped it would be,but It did it. Now some of the guys are Saying I'm nuts to put a CMB.21RS red head in my proboat hydro it would be to much for that hull,But this time she will fly.But at times I do lisen to these guys advices. But all I'm saying is lets see what he can do with this hydro?? some of us thinks it's a turd. Just dont like the cowl and sponsons looks. the guy would mentioned the vegas and .21 in it,should be kicked out of gas?? well he'd was just giving some good advice.[8D] I do have a team striker supercat That is my next project,so I'm learning on the gas part.[8D]
ah come on misshydro, im new and i didnt know i did anything wrong. from all the hype, i though the MV with the .21 would make the guy happy and save a but load of money. didnt mean any harm.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM
wayneuk01

"I bought a boat... Need info and critics" [sm=47_47.gif][sm=lol.gif] looking forward to the video
Old 05-08-2008, 08:53 PM
misshydro

I shouldve stated it better!! rclover,mike svor said this about you,You should be banned from the Gas Boat section for saying something like that.

If I wanted a .21 nitro, I would have one.
I said that comitt was uncalled for from mike svor. I said that you rclover95 was trying to give some good advice.[8D] Mike posted this form and wanted info and critics and now he's got both of them. If he cant take the critics then he shouldnt made this post.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:09 PM
rclover95

ORIGINAL: misshydro

I shouldve stated it better!! rclover,mike svor said this about you,You should be banned from the Gas Boat section for saying something like that.

If I wanted a .21 nitro, I would have one.
I said that comitt was uncalled for from mike svor. I said that you rclover95 was trying to give some good advice.[8D] Mike posted this form and wanted info and critics and now he's got both of them. If he cant take the critics then he shouldnt made this post.
ow.... ok. yeah when he said that i replied right back and said something to him about the addatude and he never replyed. i dont even have a gas boat but this is better then jerry springer. im really looking foward to the vid. hey while i got you here i got a qestion, well ill catch over in nitro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.