Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Old School DF Jet Rally next year

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Old School DF Jet Rally next year

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old School DF Jet Rally next year

ORIGINAL: t33jetman

I Just Don't Understand you grown men!!!!

This thread to me was a clear as it could be , if you like this kind of stuff then it's for you to comment on that you would like to participate , sounds easy to me . if you don't care about this then MOVE ON to another thread that you would like to say something positive towards and be happy.

Why must you (if it applies to) rain on someone elses idea. So you don't like them , who cares , move on good god man.

<more ramble snipped>
Gotta disagree. If Dave is considering putting on a DF event, then IMO it's valuable input for him to see how many people (ESPECIALLY those of us who are members at / frequent visitors to the field in question) are NOT interested, as well as how many are not.

How much simpler can this be ?

Gordon

Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
sandslx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yes I remember crawling around in the dirt starting up agressors.... and having a face full of caster oil...giving me the **** the next day....It was worth it.

Justin

BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM
t33jetman

Gordon,

Good to hear from you my friend.

I disagree with you , he will get the same informationfrom the ones saying that they will come. Thenhe can make a decision asto the worth of putting one on , without all of the negative commments , simple to me . We justlook at it different. I choosethe positive way.

There are tons of guys who cannot wait tobe negative about anything at the drop of a hat.

Yes , Someone can say " no that's not for me anymore, I am not going". But some of the comments you just have to wonder man who cares if you don't like it anymore. It was, if you would like to , Dave is willing to put one one, comment that you would like to come. If they want to spend a day of there time not yours , then let them do it , it still is a free country and an open hobby to still fly ducted fans , no one put a stop to them if I remember.

William
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 PM
t33jetman

Please don't take me the wrong way, I am fighting for the rights of Dave to express a desire to do such a thing if he and others would like to without being put down for that right to do so in a free society such as the United States that we live in.

If anyone outside of the USA dosen't care for it , who cares Dave did not ask them to come anyway. If you like it come on lets have some fun if not move on.

We all remember the peanut gallery guys when we first started flying that did nothing but put down everything that had to do with ducted fans back in the days but that did not stop us , we just moved on to like minds of others we could hangout with and have understanding and fun with.

William
Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Thud_Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think everybody out here knows that if Dave Presta wants to put on an event, pretty much the entire west coast jet community will show up, airplane or not.  So, there's going to be a crowd.  How many ICDF airplanes is another story.  But, little matter, these guys put on a good event and I like the crowd.   Besides, Dougie, Joey, Ron, Dave, Terry, Gregg, etc. are probably mostly thinking party and maybe, just maybe, will be secretly waiting for Dave to declare "open flying".[8D]

Noboby is raining on Dave's parade, I'm remembering "Old School" just like him.  Dave &amp; Jason's memories are just a little cloudy.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
t33jetman

Thud drive

Nice to hear from you my friend,

But does sound to me like they are trying to rain on his parade, re-read this thread. If he opens it to open flying , great lets party.

If you ever had the chance to come up with an idea for anything and people just rain negative down you , you can see how dishearting it can be at the time. Let the man do his thing , if it doesn't work out , then fly whatever you brought.

The part I could not pass on was that this is still an open hobby to fly what ever you want to that is all.

Freedom I want it , I will die for it , that is what makes me and others in the USA "Americans".

William
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

Dougie,

I'll come to watch. Let others endure.

You got it Rick.... We can kick back and watch the action while sippin on some Coronas and manning the GONG!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: t33jetman

Gordon,

Good to hear from you my friend.

I disagree with you , he will get the same information from the ones saying that they will come.
Based on knowing Dave very well for almost 2 decades now, I fully expect that if the only responses he got were the positive "I'm in" ones, but then very few people turned up with a DF because they had no interest and yet stayed quiet about it ... he'd be pretty darn forceful in complaining that "How come the turnout is so poor when NOT ONE single #%$er said anything but 'Great idea' ?? Does no-one have the cojones to tell me like it is, and instead they let me waste my time like this ? $%^&ers!! "

Gordon
Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

What an interesting thread this is turning out to be.

I never have owned a DF, or a turbine. I think the idea of a "vintage" DF rally is pretty cool, however. I've been in radio control for many years, but still fly my control-line planes once in a while. I still have a couple Cox .049s that I'll tinker with from time to time.

How can you condemn the idea of a function like this? This is a hobby afterall, not a political movement. It's meant to be enjoyed in all its specialties. I understand the turbines are the showcase of many of the most advanced modelers, however, they started in the same place we all did.

I agree it would be afun to get the boyz together for a good time. I think the big issue here is that most of us do not have a turn key DF bird sitting in the hanger RTF. I for one would rather not shell out $1500 or so to purchase a DF bird to be used for only two days. Sure there are beaters out there for cheap but who wants one? Mabye Joe C and Ron L can hook up and have Henry build em two 8 OS .91 powered B-52s for the noon time demo!!! OOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhh..... I remember what a pain it was to get one Rossi .81 to run worth a toss let alone 8 of them....

If the event does happen I will come with a full cooler, EZ UPs and bbq just to hang out and jaw jack..

DF
Negative Douglas, Joe C will not have Henry build a ducted fan jet, thats all I need, another headache, if this nostalgia event takes place, then it has to bewith 72 not 2.4, love to see those big antennas up again.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there and shoot a couple photos of me hangin' with Ron, Dougie, Joey, etc., around Ron's bucket 'o hurt[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Will there be "beef curtains" there?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

I'll be there and shoot a couple photos of me hangin' with Ron, Dougie, Joey, etc., around Ron's bucket 'o hurt[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Will there be "beef curtains" there?
Sounds like fun!!!! Hanging wit da boyz and RBBL's bucket o' hurt is always fun!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thirsty, thirsty for HURT
Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
gregg f
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

I think everybody out here knows that if Dave Presta wants to put on an event, pretty much the entire west coast jet community will show up, airplane or not. So, there's going to be a crowd. How many ICDF airplanes is another story. But, little matter, these guys put on a good event and I like the crowd. Besides, Dougie, Joey, Ron, Dave, Terry, Gregg, etc. are probablymostly thinking party and maybe, just maybe,will be secretly waiting for Dave to declare "open flying".[8D]

Noboby is raining on Dave's parade, I'm remembering "Old School" just like him. Dave &amp; Jason's memories are just a little cloudy.
Absolutely!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 AM
iflyg450

I wish I could go, my 2 ducted fan planes go the field every Sunday. People need to show so respect to ICDF. Thoes engine were the pinacle of glow power. I am still blown away with the power of my K&amp;B 45 9101. Hell I fly scratch built planes running a Kress 709 TD09 setup. Do forget turbine guys our ICDF has NO ECU and NO AUTO START. It's almost an art form getting one of these things to run. I can't tell you how many times I go to a fly in and have tones of people around me when I fire the smoking beast up, turbine are a dime a dozen these day. Yes I wish I could have one and I have up most respect for thoes who invest so much time and are able to fly at such great speeds. Nitro Ducted has draw backs but that doesn't mean it should die, its a part of this hobby's past that help prople it to where it is today. 

Turbine Guys throwing away ICDF stuff PLEASE PM  I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS
Old 06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Hey Ram-Bro, how did they actually fly it in your basement? LOL just ribbin ya man. Hey nice idea Dave, I've been holding the Mid Atlantic jet Rally for 20 years now, and I always welcome the sound of DF's
ORIGINAL: Ram-bro

Heck. I still got my Byron F15....you know the one the "Cloud Dancers" actuallyy flew in my basement, a Tog Gun Mig 29 and now a Avonds F15....now where the Bleep is Mexifornia.....?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 AM
niteflyer

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">Come on now....... There has been a challenge set forth, just think of the bragging rights if you do have a COMPLETE succesfull flight. Sure you can fuel up the Jet-A
check the battery and hit auto start and go fly but seems like that is taking the easy way out this time.
I have a half dozen of those CLASSIC ducted fan planes (or more) and yes i do have the turbines too.But the calling put forth was if there was enough courage (patience)
to give it another go around.
P.S. To make it even easier on ourselves we can just pull out the 2 5000 lipo packs and stick it in our plane then we won't even get out hands dirty !!!!!

I hope the party goes off with great success and that there is some good video posted here so that a few of us old shool DF fans from the great white north
can see what FUN it must of been..............</span>
Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Hanging wit da boyz and RBBL's bucket o' hurt is always fun!!!!
word
Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 PM
ron Sweeney

I only wish I could join you all. I have continuously flown icdf since the sixties (free flight) in those days and attended the first ever df meeting held
at Abingdon in England in 1981. I fly turbines but still love the df models. I am just completing a BVM Sabre, (what a build!!!!). I still have a Marcus Norman Mig15 with OS 46 vrdf from 1980. Best wishes for the event, Please post some pictures for your overseas followers Ron Sweeney.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Josh_K

I have a Byron Bullet, Mig 15 and F86 that will be there.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Josh_K

I dont think PVMAC will even allowa icdf's to fly at Prado now. But we could do it at Norton. Its a really clean feild. I fly DF's almost every weekend there.

The PVMAC members that fly at the Prado feild are hard core about "no jets" since that issue about 5 years ago.

I am sure Norton is to far for Presta since he is a Bay Area guy but I will tell you for a fact that Buttonwillow ismassively dirty and if your jet has a cheater hole, the sand is gonna kill your impeller.

Josh
Old 06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
turboratt

what about the basin they allway do tubine flying there right? so it should be ok for our d/f
Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: Josh_K

The PVMAC members that fly at the Prado feild are hard core about "no jets" since that issue about 5 years ago.
Man, don't get me started on that whole mess again....[:@][:@][:@]

Mark
Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
sandslx

Which one of you Liberal Admins deleted my post?

Its tune up time....so P.M. me please.

Justin Sands
Old 06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Justin-

I restored your post & edited the "offending" word that was reported.

Brg,
Mark
Old 06-18-2009, 12:33 PM
sandslx

How about poopy pants? would that be to much?

Thats for you Matt Caroll...LOL

Justin Sands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.