Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Do kids come up and watch you drive your RC's?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do kids come up and watch you drive your RC's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do kids come up and watch you drive your RC's?

We were mostly only on 1 jump, not the whole strait:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqcGSfPj6Do[/youtube]

At the start of the bash meet it was ok, but then more kids started coming. The guys with the bajas were purposly flicking up the dirt at the kids. I dont know if you guys have ever been hit by baja roost, but it hurts on bare legs!!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM
hands without shadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont drive in public places much, but when I do I make a point to take along something indestructible. Usually its the old Stampede/Rustler on 6 cells with a worn out motor. If a kid seems interested enough I let him drive it for a bit. I'm really not too worried about them doing any damage to it.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Dsyyke

Yes, all the time in front of my house. Just like 10 minutes ago they all wanted to drive but I suggested that I chase them with my T-Maxx, they had a good time running away from it.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 PM
sokar

I usually don't let friends drive the car unless we're at a field. Last time I let my friend drive my car he smashed it so badly I couldn't even recognize it anymore.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

All the time. I tend to move away from them, specially from those who want to get close to it when I'm running nitro. Mostly for safety reasons.

One time in the park, this kid just wanted to touch the truck, I yelled at him not too. The parent thought I was being mean. I told them that he could get hurt if the kid put his fingers where you are not supposed to and told them that the engine and muffler are really hot.

Honestly I dont mind if they just watch. I am just as curious like a kid. If I see someone running, I do tend to watch too, but never asked them to let me drive it - Since I know how it feels. Sometimes I would try to talk to them about RC, just because we have something in common.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 PM
AMOUREDTANK

Haha I couldn't beleieve it the first time I ran mine up and down the street. Every kid on the street came and stood outside and watched me. I got all the same questions most of you did. Can I drive? How Much? Where did you get it?
That's why I started running after they had all gone to bed. LOL Gotta love curfews! It was more them getting in the way then it was them asking questions that bothered me. The number one annoying thing that they would say repeatedly though and every one of them would say it; Oh ya I am getting one for christmas!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

I live in the boonies, not many kids, but there's a five acre horse pen next to my backyard. When I run a nitro most of them wander over to the fence and watch the proceedings intently. They're always polite and never bother me with questions.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM
ProRCRacer88

it use to be a problem in my neiborhood and it use to piss me off! Im the only house on this one street and its a coultersach, the rest of the houses are further up the street. As soon as i would start it up and have it running for about 5 minutes, these kids from way up the street would come down with their bikes at the top of the street and then they start riding down towards me. Sometimes they would also jump out infront of it when im driving. This went on several times when i first started driving it around here. Finally one day they just stopped coming near me all together. Their parents seen my cars and how fast they are and must have told them its too dangerous to be in the street.

We use to run at the bmx track similar to the one Damo posted and all the kids and parents would get so jealous that we had our rc's on the track they thought they owned. The kids would even try to run over them at times. On the halfpipe turns we would com stright out of them and get big air. Now they put fences up at the top of the halfpipe turns and paved it. No fun to really go there now. There are 2 or 3 rc offroad tracks but they are all an hr away, so i dont get to run my truck on tracks often at all. The nearest onroad track is about 10 mins away but its only up every 2 sundays. Sucks to be into either kind of sport if racing is your intentions and you live here in this county.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 AM
griz12

yea i got tired of ppl asking me can i drive. i evan had one 15 year old grab the remote.he was punch im 13 and i now have a t shirt that says no im not letting you drive my r/c stop asking
Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Oh man if that would ever happen to me.... Wow by the time I'd be done, they'd be unable to use their hands or any motor functions properly unless it was some small kid... Thats the most disrespectful thing someone can do. I've had the neighborhood kids jump out in front of my Savage going at high speeds. I gave them all 1 warning, then I continued.. I don't care if I hit them honestly, if their parents dont care enough to teach them then maybe they will learn through pain....
Old 06-28-2009, 02:50 PM
sokar

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

^ Oh man if that would ever happen to me.... Wow by the time I'd be done, they'd be unable to use their hands or any motor functions properly unless it was some small kid... Thats the most disrespectful thing someone can do. I've had the neighborhood kids jump out in front of my Savage going at high speeds. I gave them all 1 warning, then I continued.. I don't care if I hit them honestly, if their parents dont care enough to teach them then maybe they will learn through pain....

Yea, monster trucks are especially nasty because the clearance is above your foot so your shoe doesn't slow it down. I got hit at pretty low speeds with my T Maxx Pro .15 after I lost control of it, and I was limping for the rest of the day. Ouch! I can't imagine what it'd be like at high speeds.

BTW great shirt griz.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 PM
griz12

hey rcnitrohead he wasn't able to use his left eye for about 2.5 weeks. i had to stop drive part of his glasses cut my hand open he needed new glasses to.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:06 AM
ace9213

I've had a crowd of little kids run around my car and stuff. It was annoying. I could have killed them accidentally with the car.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 AM
quietnas1

Like I said before the kids and adults really don't bother me and I welcome the questions. What does bother me is your snot nose disrespectflul kid that after you explain to them how dangerous it could be they just don't listen. To avoid hitting this one kid with my old RC10GT I. Had made a hard turn but I didn't have time to stop and it ran into my ankle at like 40mph. The pain was aweful and my ankle had really swolen up and turned black and blue. I wanted to beat the heck out of that little jerk. Ended up going to the hospital and I had a hairline fracture on my ankle bone. Never saw that kid after that either.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 AM
nubzorz

i had this problem untill the parents started watching also lol pretty much anyone that sees or hears a nitro rc car in my neighborhood is in awe. They never thought a little rc car could go that fast. The funniest question i get is "why is there smoke comming out of the car"? but i noticed the kids in the neighborhood are getting cars to. None of which are hobby grade but hey the parents tried i guess! its the thought that counts.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
HPIFreak

i used to get this every time i drove my HPI nitro RS4 3 when i lived in Michigan a few years ago. i would drive across the street at the Post Office parking lot after hours. every time i ran it the neighborhood kids would hear it and come over. and they would always ask the same questions; "is it gas powered?" "is it suppose to smoke like that?" "why is it so loud?" "how fast does it go?".

it got old really fast, especially when the SAME kids would come back and ask the SAME questions like it was their job or something. i was very polite and nice the first few times, but it got to the point where i didnt even want to drive my car anymore. but now that i live in Ohio, kids here dont give a crap, they would rather be playing with their Sony PS3 or Xbox 360.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 PM
ryansiki

I hate disrespectful kids, it really bugs me. Luckily, theres not too many kids in my neighborhood.One time in the winter I was driving my rc18mt( there wasn't too much snow on the road), and there was a lady walking her dog. I was doing some speed runs and went passed her dog ( 10-15ft away).The dog started barking and she said " Next time that thing comes near my dog, I'm gonna let him get it". I dont blame the dog, but that lady really needs to control her hormones, because if she said that again I would have ran into her leg. Its naturally for a dog to bark when it sees something the size of a small animal doing 20mph right passed it.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:08 AM
loppol60

being a kid myself(14..ok maybe a bit better than a kid) i somtimes drive my x2 in public places.sometimes kids come watch,sometimes they dont.i normally have a friend with me .he has a kyosho somthing buggy and we simply love to drag race em.when a kid comes over to ask somthing as can i drive?we normally dont let him but once i knew there would be loads of kids where we were going bashing so me and my friend adjusted the throttle servo so that it cant go that fast[>:] and eventuly thay go bored(after about 15mins) and we opened the gas again
Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

My neighbors love to watch me run RC's in the street. The guy across the street was even wanting to buy a rustler from me. I have had kids asking me questions but I really don't mind as long as they are respectfull about it. the looks on peoples faces when they see a little 1/10 scale car going 55mph down the street is priceless! any more though people in my neigborhood have gotten used to hearing nitro several times a week!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 AM
dsales

I usually let kids have a short drive. I force them to drive real slow but still after a few seconds they still manage to crash so i take the controller back and they go. Problem solved.
Also I tend to do 40mph drifts just a few inches from their feet so they soil themselves and have to go back home.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Krawlin

A bunch of kids always used to watch when I ran my Monster GT on the street a couple years ago, they always stayed out of the way, they asked a question or two, like how much is it, how fast does it go, the usual stuff, and they never asked me to drive it or anything like that, so I didn't mind. They usually just stayed closer to their house and watched from a distance. But after that went on for a couple weeks, their parents saw me running my truck out there, and they would open the door and tell me to turn it off before they call the cops and they would bring their kids in. Now I am 16 but I am not listening to some damn neighbor, so I kept running it, they never called the cops but one of them came out and started yelling at me that I was going to hurt their kid with it, she tried crossing the street to get to me but I went WOT right passed her and scared her off, never had any trouble after that. There have been a couple of new kids on the block since then, including my cousin who is into RC, so I have someone to bash with on the street, but he is nicer to the kids and lets some of them run his.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Sable
My Feedback: (1)

yeah, like everyone else, the kids watch me. they're more interested in my tmaxx than my jato though.

guess they like monster trucks more. they dont badger me alot, a few have been brave enough to ask questions, but my neighborhood isnt close knit enough to be friends with any of my neighbors. so if the kids asked questions i'd prolly look weird talkin to them.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Airbus 9e

When we run at home there's no one around....we're kinda out away from stuff, and most of the kids here are older and don't care about RC stuff...When we go camping it's a different story....we'll have 15-18 kids all running around trying to see if they can run as fast as our trucks....I had to shoo them away....One of their Dad's was near and he got a little pissy at me so I just told him that when I nailed his kid and broke his ankle with a 13 pound truck going 25-30 mph, don't come whining to me because I gave them all plenty or warning....
Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
canzures

I get all the time...I hate it...I just want to bash and be left alone...usually it's like where can I get that kind of questions and how fast....I haven't had one ask to try to drive it yet, which is good cuz it'll be no...
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Damo_MadTruck

A question i got recently was: how long does 1 tank of fuel last?, but the funny thing is, the kid saw me fill up an empty tank and saw me use up that whole tank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.