Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MDW SUPER DRI ALTERNATIVES???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MDW SUPER DRI ALTERNATIVES???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MDW SUPER DRI ALTERNATIVES???

ORIGINAL: mdwaviation

cool stay in touch . When the greenie weenies start to catch up with the rc community blowing smoke come on back. the alternatives wont satisfy them. We can. safe flying.
Sounds like you don't give a hoot and probably don't with a response like that. Keep hustling,,,, sooner or later the hustle might bite back..

To bolis point,,,, ROBART smoke juice is substantially less and smokes just as good.

Robart smoke it is fellas... From now on..

"cool stay in touch" Might as well have said "screw you guys" take it or leave it.. Classic!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
mdwaviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly, we appreciate being used when it counts. But like i said earlier, clean up well after the others. thank you
Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM
mdwaviation

buy drums with a group. there is a way. I pay you all to come and get it and I go homeless There is a difference between all the others and we are just not willing to lower our standards.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 PM
mdwaviation

we only do smoke oil and any oil we would sell would not make the 50% to 70% margins that robart makes on you all on parts. dudes, get over the attitude. I have said all along one simple thing. We simply make the best stuff, it cost more and we are not willing to enter the , pardon the joke, "fly by night snake oil sales" . I could recommend many different fluids to make smoke that are "substantially" the same. Problem; substantially is not the SAME. and in the end they are not safe.
I If I could produce this stuff for less I would. I dont like loosing a sale and I dont think that telling people that it is cool that they are using something else that pleases them is being out of line. Just understand there is no exact replacement and we can only do what we can do without compromising ourselves and our product.

I have to say it was an interesting day
Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
mdwaviation

there already are 100 competing products. Probably not too much ore room in the market. We already find it hard to "compete" becaues there is not a level playing field. The "competative" products are competative because of the simple fact that they have diluants in them that are cheap, and if you read it once you will read it again. We wont compromise on the product. If you view earlier posts, the freight is the biggest hinderance to the market as well. thanks for the comments. safe flying
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anybody have any experience with this stuff?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23022.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1666882  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone tried this?

http://www.smokeel-shop.de/epages/62...Products/M0312
Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

No but we will all be using this VERY SOON....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46128.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1666951  
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Brand new 5 gallon pail of Freedom Form Release in the back of my truck!!! PUFF PUFF baby!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 AM
asimace

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Anyone tried this?

http://www.smokeel-shop.de/epages/62...Products/M0312
I saw that set at JetPower last week... they had a small stand next to PowerBox.
It could be an interesting solution to simulate the smoke nozzles that are on the wingtips of fullsize jets but you should have 2 of them! at a price!
In any case it looked a bit heavy, suitable eventually only to BIG edfs or gliders...
Mauri
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

http://www.robart.com/products/liqui...e-oil-5-gallon

Hmmmm...the plane in the video looks strangely familiar...

Beave

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM
lookilook

<span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="font-family: Arial; ">Andy i have seen this electrically heated smoke system and it was cool, however visiting the stand about 4-5 times it came out that you<span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ">need 6S lipo Bat to power it which adds weight and consumes1Amp for 1 minute of smoke (internal burner need to be electricaly heated to 800&deg;C), so need hi capacity batteries
- smoke lasts for about 30 second of full smoke power but then again if you use nedium setting can last more. the seller told me that if jet is at high speed you possibly loose the smoke fast so the slower the better.externally the tube is about 100oc so you need to hang it as he said..after all these i decided not to buy it at the price offered 595euro plus 3ltr liquid free for a twin system.</span></span></span>
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: lookilook

<span style=''font-size: larger; ''><span style=''font-family: Arial; ''>Andy i have seen this electrically heated smoke system and it was cool, however visiting the stand about 4-5 times it came out that you <span class=''Apple-style-span'' style=''background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ''>need 6S lipo Bat to power it which adds weight and consumes 1Amp for 1 minute of smoke (internal burner need to be electricaly heated to 800°C), so need hi capacity batteries
- smoke lasts for about 30 second of full smoke power but then again if you use nedium setting can last more. the seller told me that if jet is at high speed you possibly loose the smoke fast so the slower the better.externally the tube is about 100oc so you need to hang it as he said..after all these i decided not to buy it at the price offered 595euro plus 3ltr liquid free for a twin system.</span></span></span>
That doesn't look very good to me. Never mind lol.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: bevar

http://www.robart.com/products/liqui...e-oil-5-gallon

Hmmmm...the plane in the video looks strangely familiar...

Beave

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Thats a cool vid Boli! and at 18 bucks per gallon verses $25, I'm sold. Eventually Superdry will have to lower their prices or loose major market share. I'd be willing to bet that the Robart stuff works good in full scale to. Superdry was like $19 bucks per gallon not to long ago. They jacked up the price (like 25% overnight) and everyone stopped buying it. Way to go Robart offering eveyone a lower cost alternative.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
mdwaviation

now Im confused robart is 18.40 per gallon Super Dri is $17.25 per gallon I thought you all were complaining about the cost
Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM
KC36330

now Im confused robart is 18.40 per gallon Super Dri is $17.25 per gallon I thought you all were complaining about the cost

you might wanna go back and look at post 40, you quoted $18.27/gallon IF (and it's a very big IF) MDW was bought in a 55g drum...............for the average Joe it's a lot easier to come up with $100 bucks for a 5g bucket of Robart then a grand for a drum of yours.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:58 PM
mdwaviation

YES DELIVERED and one drum. Again freight is a bummer. the robart web site is $92 we are $86.25 both for a 5 gallon pail. I doubt that robart will ship the pail for $92 total.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:12 PM
KC36330

YES DELIVERED and one drum. Again freight is a bummer. the robart web site is $92 we are $86.25 both for a 5 gallon pail. I doubt that robart will ship the pail for $92 total.

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=ROB21005]Horizon Hobby[/link] 5g of Robart 74.99 with free shipping............. $15/gallon

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAN65&P=ML]Tower Hobbies[/link] MDW 5g 124.99 with free shipping............. $25/gallon

Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

Please tell me whats in this smoke oil that makes its so expensive, maybe that will justify the cost?? I believe its cost is about a 1.99 a gallon, Im not trying to be a wise guy just want to know whats in it?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Conosol 260....110 gallons worth so far, lots of smoke, no issues....

Spend your hard earned money wisely!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
bevar

Dave,

Where do you get Conosol 260 from?

Thanks,

Beave

Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Calumet industries. I will get you some contact info if you want it...might take me a few days to hunt it down...
Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 PM
bevar

Dave,

Thanks. I Googled them so I have it.

Thanks!

Boli
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 AM
mdwaviation

You believe wrong on the cost at 1.99 per gallon. 1.99 per gallon for bottled water maybe. We have been in the smoke oil biz for 23 years now and our cost has never been 1.99. An empty 5 gallon pail alone costs $1.25 per gallon with a lid and pour spout. If i told you what was in it I wouldnt have to produce it I can tell you that there are no other smoke fluids out there that are as safe, clean and produce more smoke than our oil. You have to wonder, why is there such a price difference between fluids out there? it is the product not the supplier. We have been in the oil business for 60 years and have seen it all and know all the games to make cheap stuff. There is a difference wether anyone wants to believe it or not. We will not compromise on our smoke fluids.

<div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "><p style="margin-bottom: 0in; ">Our new website is live. You now have the capability to upload videos, comments, and place orders fully on line. Please follow us on FACEBOOK, YOU TUBE, TWITTER and YELP.<font color="#000080"><span lang="zxx"><u>www.mdwaviation.com</u></span></font>We will be having best video contests for free product. Stay tuned</p><p align="LEFT" style="margin-bottom: 0in; "><font color="#1037a5"><font face="Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><span style="text-decoration: none; ">YOU TUBE</span></font></font></font><font color="#1037a5"><font face="Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><u>http://www.youtube.com/user/MDWAviation</u></font></font></font></p><p align="LEFT" style="margin-bottom: 0in; "><font color="#1037a5"><font face="Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><span style="text-decoration: none; ">FACEBOOK</span></font></font></font><font color="#1037a5"><font face="Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><u>http://www.facebook.com/superdrismokeoil</u></font></font></font></p><p align="LEFT" style="margin-bottom: 0in; "><font color="#1037a5"><font face="Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><span style="text-decoration: none; ">TWITTERhttp://twitter.com/MDWAviation</span></font></font></font></p><p align="LEFT" style="margin-bottom: 0in; "><font color="#1037a5"><font face="Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><span style="text-decoration: none; ">YELPhttp://www.yelp.com/user_details?use...3t64pqsRHCpQKw</span></font></font></font></p></div><div style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; "></div>
Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

I still think it cost about 1.99 a ga. Ive been testing my own formulas and im getting close. Dont worry I dont want to be in your business, just cant see paying so much in this economy. Jet cost 15, 000.00 Fuel @ one and a half gallons per flight smoke oil ect ,comes out to about one hundred dollors a flight if you get 200 flights out of her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.