Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:28 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WARNING DLE-111!!!

ORIGINAL: mifsudm

Dear all,

i would like to know if any body has a DLE-111 with a three blade propeller. if so what is the approx rpm?? i am running mine with a Biela 24X10 three blade prop and have an rpm of 5400. i think it is way to low so i am asking help from any body who has a similar setup.

regards

Martin.
Martin,

I don't know much about Biela props but that seems a bit low. My DLE111 turns a Xoar 27 x 10 2 blade at 6400. That produces a calculated thrust of over 53 pounds using Pe" Reiver's Power and Thrust Calculator. Pull tests with a digital fish scale confirms the calculations are about right. Pe does not have numbers for the 3 blade Biela but using the best numbers for a 3 blade prop (1.90) indicates that you are only getting about 31 pounds of calculated thrust.

Maybe Pe will jump in here and provide some more knowledgeable information.

Gaines
Old 04-15-2012, 02:40 AM
mifsudm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear all,

thanks for your reply, as for noise issue it is not a problem, i am using the Biela 3 blade prop on a Cessna 182 36%, it is a scale looking prop. think my engine is running a bit on the rich side, next time i will take to the field i will try adjusting a bit the needle on the lean side and see what development there will be. thanks anyway for you help.

regards

Martin.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:25 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Dear all,

i would like to know if any body has a DLE-111 with a three blade propeller. if so what is the approx rpm?? i am running mine with a Biela 24X10 three blade prop and have an rpm of 5400. i think it is way to low so i am asking help from any body who has a similar setup.

regards

Martin.
Not knowing if you are experiencing low numbers due to altitude or tuning but I had a DLE111 turning a Biela 25X10 3 blade in the low 6000 RPM range.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 AM
mogman

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Dear all,

regards

Martin.
Not knowing if you are experiencing low numbers due to altitude or tuning but I had a DLE111 turning a Biela 25X10 3 blade in the low 6000 RPM range.

My DLE 111, with just over a gallon of 32:1 through it, swings a Biela 26x10 3 bl. right on 6000.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:37 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys know how I can tell what Version DLE 111 I have? I was just going through my closet full of engines that I have bought over the years and found a new in box DLE 111. I was just wondering what version it was and if there is a way to tell? Also if there are any problems with certain version that I should correct before using it.

Thanks